1500 drivers caught with mobiles

Old September 26th 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom

Default 1500 drivers caught with mobiles

plus 47 cyclists without lights and 45 riding on the pavement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/5381052.stm

Tom
--
Return address is dead. Real address is at
http://www.box.net/public/0n493oa6y7

Old September 26th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

Tom wrote:
plus 47 cyclists without lights and 45 riding on the pavement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/5381052.stm

Looks as if we really are the problem then ...
:-))
Old September 27th 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jon

Tom wrote:
plus 47 cyclists without lights and 45 riding on the pavement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/5381052.stm

Tom
--
Return address is dead. Real address is at
http://www.box.net/public/0n493oa6y7

The Gloucestershire drivers are so dangerous that the local Police dare
not walk the lanes for fear of getting knocked down:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Looks to me as if it's high time they prioritised dangerous driving!
They can hardly claim it is no a serious issue locally.

Jon

Old September 27th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom

Jon wrote:

The Gloucestershire drivers are so dangerous that the local Police
dare not walk the lanes for fear of getting knocked down:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Looks to me as if it's high time they prioritised dangerous driving!
They can hardly claim it is no a serious issue locally.

Perhaps they should buy her a bike?

Tom

Old September 27th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marz

Tom wrote:
plus 47 cyclists without lights and 45 riding on the pavement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/5381052.stm

Tom
--
Return address is dead. Real address is at
http://www.box.net/public/0n493oa6y7

Is that 92 cyclists breaking the law or 47 without lights, 2 of whom
were not riding on the pavement?

Laters,

Marz

Old September 27th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

I'm honestly surprised by the "1500 caught".
I truthfully imagined no-one had yet been done for this.
So surprised.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Old September 28th 06, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

John Clayton wrote on 27/09/2006 23:31 +0100:
I'm honestly surprised by the "1500 caught".
I truthfully imagined no-one had yet been done for this.
So surprised.

The article only says they were caught. It doesn't say anything about
anyone being prosecuted for it.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old September 28th 06, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:15:08 +0100, Tony Raven
wrote:

John Clayton wrote on 27/09/2006 23:31 +0100:
I'm honestly surprised by the "1500 caught".
I truthfully imagined no-one had yet been done for this.
So surprised.

The article only says they were caught. It doesn't say anything about
anyone being prosecuted for it.

and the other 150000 were not caught, I assume.

Mark