Dang, this is depressing!

Old March 24th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
richard

Default Dang, this is depressing!

Yeah, for some reason, I continue to follow bike stuff (this group,
racing, rec sites, etc). Thing is, in order to make snow-and-ice-packed
roads tolerable, I took up skiiing (about 8 years ago).

A month ago I pulled an "Arnie". I did a slow-speed face plant, which
was unspectacular and should have been unconsequential. However, in a
completely freak landing, I suffered a posterior dislocation of the
right shoulder (oh yeah, my dominant arm) and, just as a bonus, the hunk
of bone to which the rotator cuff attaches sheered off and was smashed.

Well, for one thing, I am on the soggy flat-and-bare soybean fields of
Illinois rather than at Lake Tahoe this week. For another thing, I may
not be able to ride a bike until late summer...

OK, now that I've finished feeling sorry for myself, I'll need to go
check on Sheldon't site to see how he's doing and to remind myself how
well-off I really am!
Old March 24th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Grolch

"richard" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Recumbent Trike advantage No's 8 and 24.... Ride easily even with upper body
injuries, and a bit of ice won't put you down..... Just sayin

Grolsch

Old March 26th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil Holman

"richard" wrote in message
m...
Yeah, for some reason, I continue to follow bike stuff (this group,
racing, rec sites, etc). Thing is, in order to make
snow-and-ice-packed roads tolerable, I took up skiiing (about 8 years
ago).

A month ago I pulled an "Arnie". I did a slow-speed face plant, which
was unspectacular and should have been unconsequential. However, in a
completely freak landing, I suffered a posterior dislocation of the
right shoulder (oh yeah, my dominant arm) and, just as a bonus, the
hunk of bone to which the rotator cuff attaches sheered off and was
smashed.

Well, for one thing, I am on the soggy flat-and-bare soybean fields of
Illinois rather than at Lake Tahoe this week. For another thing, I
may not be able to ride a bike until late summer...

Not even the stationary trainer with no hands?

Phil H

Old March 26th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

richard wrote:
[...]

You should be able to start riding before too long. (a
month or so?). Sleeping is another matter.

Robert

kinda depressing John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 3 March 7th 07 10:18 AM
Depressing statistic in French web Sandy Racing 22 August 1st 06 08:19 AM
York Rally,Depressing ? Sam Salt UK 18 May 22nd 06 07:08 AM
depressing Sam O'Nella Mountain Biking 1 January 27th 05 05:20 AM
Cycling is depressing Simonb UK 11 April 26th 04 07:10 PM