Bike Lanes

Old March 5th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Baldwin

Default Bike Lanes

Thank You Me

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Old March 5th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Baldwin

Sgt Cock writes

I just take issue with people envisioning bikers as potential
road kill.

Now I'm offended. Has it even occurred to you **** head that I ride
BICYCLES!

Your "juvenile" tag doesn't bother me.

Your "opinion" regarding my ability to control a rig that can scale
180,000 lbs is irrelevant to me.

To insinuate that I "envision bikers as potential road kill" is a real
leap though.

However I would like to let you know Sarge just how well I can "control"
my anger issue.

In the past, face to face, I've asked punks like you "Where do you want
_it_ moved?" the typical response goes something like this. Punk asks
"Where do I want _what_ moved?" my reply "Your ****ing nose."

just regards - Mike Baldwin

Old March 5th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:55:05 -0800, "Bill Sornson"
wrote nothing else worth quoting:
/
Bill "stupidity & carelessness ain't pretty" S.

So, quit looking in the mirror.
--
zk
Old March 6th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Baldwin

...not satisfied Sgt. Cock writes

Thanks for proving my case.
Have a nice day.

...ah lets see...that "case proven" would be, accuse a stranger (me) of
envisioning bikers as roadkill and then when stranger (me) is insulted,
offended and ****ed and calls your punk ass a punk ass, stranger (me)
has anger/revenge issues...interesting.

Going back to my original reply to _Wayne_, I was emotionally shaken by
the event which happened to me. I've _seen_ what happens to the human
body when crushed by heavy equipment accidents, they're FUBAR, _that's_
the term, coined long before "political correctness" and other such
bunk.

There are no "safe options" to implement as you suggested. When driving
truck there's no time to run down a contingency plan or multiple choice
list of alternatives when **** happens. It's "up on the wheel", 101%
undivided attention to the task at hand. Your training prepares you to
be _pro-active_, re-active is to late and kills people. You're taught
that the most dangerous mile you'll ever drive is the next one.

But I gotta say Sarge, you have taught me one thing. Never
under-estimate the ball-less factor on Usenet. By now a man would have
admitted he was wrong.

Now _you_ run along and have a nice day.

just regards -Mike Baldwin

PS - don't forget to cut & paste my words out of context - LOL!

Old March 6th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
EasyCompany

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:24:29 -0500, (Michael Baldwin)
wrote:

[...]

How about we meet? You can bring your big truck and I'll bring my
bike.

How about the YMCA parking lot, 9505 Ludington Drive, Lake, Michigan?
That's about 34 miles NW of Mt Pleasant.

We'll see who's ball-less.

Old March 6th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

You dricve a bus, right? A rolling billboard if there ever was one.
Bring this up with your manager. the situation you described is an
accident waiting to happen, and it could involve one of his busses (that
should get his attention).

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old March 6th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Baldwin

Sgt Cock writes

How about we meet? You can bring your big truck
and I'll bring my bike.
How about the YMCA parking lot, 9505 Ludington Drive, Lake,
Michigan? That's about 34 miles NW of Mt Pleasant.
We'll see who's ball-less.

I admit Sarge, your wanting to apologize to me face to face is quite
honorable but I'll accept your on-line apology with equal admiration.
You do have an apology in mind right? LOL!

just regards - Mike Baldwin

PS - ... your tone seems a bit hostile Sarge, do you have an
anger/revenge issue?

Old March 7th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Michael Baldwin wrote:
The last thing _any_ professional wants, regardless his or her trade,
is to be haunted by the totally unwarranted maiming or death of a fellow
human being.

Professional politicians are happy to send the children of others off to
kill the innocent.

Old March 7th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

EasyCompany wrote:
I just take issue with people envisioning bikers as potential road
kill.

You must not like turkey vultures then - I am sure they think potential
meal every time they see a cyclist struggling on a steep climb.