Happy New Year!

Old December 31st 03, 10:06 PM
Richard Bates

Default Happy New Year!

On 31 Dec 2003 23:14:08 GMT, in
,
omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

Happy new year!

I've just had my new year surprise, and it's brought a tear to my eye. Nathan
is on holiday with school in France - skiing in the alps. It's just turned 2004

You silly girl, the Alps were built for *cycling up*: not skiing down

--
Due to a typing error on the Children's Hospital menu
Saturday evening now offers "Beef burger in a bum".
Old December 31st 03, 11:14 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Happy new year!

I've just had my new year surprise, and it's brought a tear to my eye. Nathan
is on holiday with school in France - skiing in the alps. It's just turned 2004
there... the phone went "RING!" here. I picked it up and heard Nathan say
"Happy New Year Mum!" with the sound of lots of partying going on in the
background. I'm really, really happy he's having a great time and that he
*thought* to telephone his Mum back home :-D

*hugs* helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 31st 03, 11:22 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

You silly girl, the Alps were built for *cycling up*: not skiing down

Well Nathan was most miffed when I refused to let him take his bike ... he
wanted to attempt Galibier...

New Year cheers, helen s :-)

Old January 1st 04, 10:23 AM
MSeries

You silly girl, the Alps were built for *cycling up*: not skiing down

Well Nathan was most miffed when I refused to let him take his bike
... he wanted to attempt Galibier...

New Year cheers, helen s :-)
to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

It'll be closed this time of year. Where has he gone ?

Old January 1st 04, 04:42 PM
\(T'other\) Dave

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Happy new year!

I've just had my new year surprise, and it's brought a tear to my eye.

Nathan
is on holiday with school in France - skiing in the alps. It's just turned

2004
there... the phone went "RING!" here. I picked it up and heard Nathan say
"Happy New Year Mum!" with the sound of lots of partying going on in the
background. I'm really, really happy he's having a great time and that he
*thought* to telephone his Mum back home :-D

*hugs* helen s

Aaaah!... more heaving maternal bosoms ?? ;-)
Dave

Old January 1st 04, 05:36 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Aaaah!... more heaving maternal bosoms ?? ;-)
Dave

Yup - off the Richter Scale - not a pleasant sight ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old January 2nd 04, 02:28 PM
\(T'other\) Dave

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Aaaah!... more heaving maternal bosoms ?? ;-)
Dave

Yup - off the Richter Scale - not a pleasant sight ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Often thought of growing meself some so I can demonstrate the pride I have
in mine ;-)

Old January 2nd 04, 04:11 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Often thought of growing meself some so I can demonstrate the pride I have
in mine ;-)

Bicycle pump? Presta or Schraeder?? ;-Þ

Cheers, helen s

Old January 2nd 04, 04:12 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

It'll be closed this time of year. Where has he gone ?

Well he *was* at Serre Chevalier, but is now on the journey home :-D

Cheers, helen s

Old January 2nd 04, 08:23 PM
MSeries

It'll be closed this time of year. Where has he gone ?

Well he *was* at Serre Chevalier, but is now on the journey home :-D

Excellent I stayed at Serre Che twice for Le Tour and whilst skiing at Alpe
d'Huez one year took a day trip there because the snow was better. Despite
only skiing there for one day, Serre Che is the Frecnh ski area I'd like to
return to. It makes a good base for cycling in the Alps too, as well as the
Lauteret and Galibier one has the Cols de Mont Genevre and Izoard almost on
the doorstep and the Col de Vars is close too. In addition the mighty Col de
Granon is across the road, little known about but used in the tour in 1986 I
think and a complete b***ch. One year I was there I cycled up the Izoard in
intense heat came back absolutely fried, my mate stayed at home and went out
at 17:00 to ride the Granon. He missed dinner, I didn't !

Thats my favourite part of the Alps