Troll posts to various cycling newsgroups

Old September 27th 06, 11:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Bleve

Default Troll posts to various cycling newsgroups

Travis wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:
By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:
along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward Dolan's"
posts also email
with similar complaints.

On this topic, I have a friend who is a web developer who is always
looking for ideas to get into. I pitched an idea to him for creating a
troll-free usenet gateway but he isn't convinced of its merits because
he thinks Usenet is a dying medium.

My idea was basically that we'd create a Usenet gateway not unlike
Google Groups, but with a twist.

We'd start by appointing ourselves and a few trustworthy people from
the newsgroups we post to as moderators.

slashdot's moderation system. It's been done.

Old September 27th 06, 11:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"di" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:doqdnT90KYDhFofYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't
think
of anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers -
but
the defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have
never
known a troll who was not an idiot. The only thing more pathetic than
troll is a stalker. Anyone recognize anyone here?

You are describing yourself, Troll, idiocy, pathetic, stalker they
all
fit.

Nope, Ed Gin was a troll and Jim McNamara is a stalker. I am merely
Great -
and a Great Saint to boot.

Ed Gin has nothing to do with this discussion. You are ARBRs resident
TROLL ... a megalomaniac filled with your own self-importnace. You
have only yourself to blame for the "stalking" that you have fallen
victim of from your many adversaries. You intentionally go trolling
for fights. When you encounter a tenacious, formidable adversary, and
find yourself hopelessly embroiled in an embarrassing no-win
cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to disencumber yourself by
seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary by labeling him or her
as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of yours has failed countless
times. If you really want to escape your self-inflicted dilemma, then
turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return to the rock that you slithered
out from under.

Nothing but a stalker, that most pitiful of all Usenet creatures.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 28th 06, 12:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything
they
want
within reason.

Imperceptive, you often misinterpret much of what you read. Allow
me
to suggest that you review your ISP's Terms of Agreement, Acceptable
Use Policy. You will discover that should your Usenet newsgroup
behavior be brought to their attention and should your ISP decide to
enforce their policy and take action, you will soon learn just how
much
you opinions are valued in the real world.

All anyone has to do is read what goes on on any newsgroup. I can't
think
of
anything that is not acceptable. Most trolls are just spammers - but
the
defining characteristic of all trolls is their idiocy. I have never
known
troll who was not an idiot.

Dont' be so hard on yourself. What you need to read is your ISP's
Terms of Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy so that you will understand
that you are in violation. - Jim McNamara

You worry about your ISP, stalker, and I will worry abut my ISP - if and
when I ever need to.

Whaterver ... TROLL. - Jim McNamara

Old September 28th 06, 08:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Alan Erskine

wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed Gin has nothing to do with this discussion. You are ARBRs resident
TROLL ... a megalomaniac filled with your own self-importnace. You
have only yourself to blame for the "stalking" that you have fallen
victim of from your many adversaries. You intentionally go trolling
for fights. When you encounter a tenacious, formidable adversary, and
find yourself hopelessly embroiled in an embarrassing no-win
cyber-skirmish, in desperation, you move to disencumber yourself by
seeking to discredit and dismiss your adversary by labeling him or her
as a stalker. This thinly disguised ploy of yours has failed countless
times. If you really want to escape your self-inflicted dilemma, then
turn tail, crawl on out of here. Return to the rock that you slithered
out from under.

Jim McNamara

Jim; please stop responding to the troll. You are the only one doing so and
if you stop, the troll will disappear.

--
Alan Erskine

Old September 28th 06, 08:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Peter Clinch

SMS wrote:

The problem with Wikipedia is precisely the vandalism. I.e., I had
extensive information up there regarding bicycle lighting. It was
repeatedly vandalized

For which read "people kept removing my personal basis and replacing it
with more objective information".

It wasn't a big deal to me, but I hate seeing the trolls get away with
spreading their misinformation.

Scharf still an amazing source of irony, I see...

It's too bad that a few people abuse Wikipedia to promote their own
agenda.

Scharf still an amazing source of irony, I see...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old October 3rd 06, 01:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Poor Jim and poor Alan - neither of them know what a troll is. I urge them
both to examine the posts of Ed Gin (Johnny NoCom) to ARBR from a couple of
years ago to get an idea of what a troll is and what they are capable of. I
am as pure as the driven snow in this regard.

Old October 3rd 06, 01:16 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
ups.com...

aka Jim McNamara wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
By "Edward Dolan". These troll posts have been reported to:

along with full headers. I recommend all people who see "Edward
Dolan's"
posts also email
with similar complaints.

Anyone can post to whatever newsgroup they want and say anything they
want
within reason. But Alan is a net nanny who thinks he knows who can say
what.
He should get on a moderated forum where others can censor him and
those who
think like him.

We used to have a jerk like this on ARBR but he soon realized the
futility
of trying to dictate who could say what.

What do you me used to have??? You're still here. Say CInderella ...
if the shoe fits...

There used to be an alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent regular who would
constantly "**** and moan" about off-topic posts and cross-posting, and
threaten to leave (which he finally did for the censored pastures of
BROL).

I do recall a certain Cletus Lee of Texas who fits your description above
and who had the knack of constantly ****ing me off. God, am I ever glad that
he and his types are no longer here on ARBR.

Old October 6th 06, 08:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
ed_dolan_jimmy_macnamara

Default TIME TO TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!

TOP POST TO FOLLOW!!! READERSHIP IS ADVISED THE BELOW IS PUBLIC
INFORMATION!!!

SEND US YOUR THREATS/HATE MAIL/BOMBS/ANTHRAX/C4/ETC.

JAMES MCNAMARA
4863 W. GREGORY ST.
CHICAGO, IL 60630
(773) 282-9874

EDWARD DOLAN
1028 4TH AVE.
WORTHINGTON, MN 56187
(507) 727-0306

JimmyMac wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

Don't be so hard on yourself Ed. Besides, unfortunately you're still
here.