Has a.r.b.r. bit the dust?

Old April 29th 05, 03:15 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I am challenging you to find out what Gin's ISP address is if you think

you
are so computer literate. As far as I can tell, unlike you and me who are
open and above board, he hides behind proxies. Look up "Fred" and see what
you can make of it.

fred n. 1) a person who spends a lot of money on his bike and clothing, but
still can't ride. "What a fred -- too much Lycra and titanium and not enough
skill." Synonym for poser. Occasionally called a "barney". 2) (from road
riding) a person who has a mishmash of old gear, does't care at all about
technology or fashion, didn't race or follow racing, etc. Often identified
by chainring marks on white calf socks. Used by "serious" roadies to
disparage utility cyclists and touring riders, especially after these
totally unfashionable "freds" drop the "serious" roadies on hills because
the "serious" guys were really posers. According to popular myth, "Fred" was
a well-known grumpy old touring rider, who really was named Fred.

Fred sounds a lot like you Ed...wait I forgot you don't have a recumbent or
ride

The world is full of characters like Gin and I do not waste my time on

them.

Sure you do, you haven't stopped talking about him/them

But the others on the group are not like him. They are mostly just dumb

and
ignorant and do not know any better. They "ignore" like you do to the
detriment of the group. When Gin attacks you, I will chip in in your
defense - which is more than you ever did for me, or anyone else for that
matter.

Aww nobody came to poor Ed Gin..er Ed Dolan's defense, gosh can't imagine
why

Why belong to a group in the first place if you do not feel some
obligation and loyalty to the group. No one cares about your two cents

worth
on anything, let alone recumbents. Try to be a person for a change instead
of "I could care less" sort of non-person.

Then leave already, nobody wants you here, go back to your supposed dozen or
so recumbents laying around your house

By the way, I ignore 95% of the messages on ARBR because they do not
interest me and I also ignore certain posters for the same reason. But

those
messages and posters that do interest me get my full attention, as you
should well know by now.

Sure Ed sure

Old April 29th 05, 04:29 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message
news

[...]

Can't get beyond the proxy - can you.

The world is full of characters like Gin and I do not waste my time on

them.

Sure you do, you haven't stopped talking about him/them

There is no them, just him. Note that I am talking ABOUT him, not TO him.
And I am only talking about him in relationship to this group. The group is
my focus, not him. Also, please note that in this thread I am talking TO
you, not ABOUT you. That is because I do not believe I am wasting my time
with you.

But the others on the group are not like him. They are mostly just dumb

and
ignorant and do not know any better. They "ignore" like you do to the
detriment of the group. When Gin attacks you, I will chip in in your
defense - which is more than you ever did for me, or anyone else for that
matter.

Aww nobody came to poor Ed Gin..er Ed Dolan's defense, gosh can't imagine
why

Never mind me, you did not come to the defense of the group, as if you were
not part of it even though you have been posting here like forever. But
maybe you are just slumming here like so many others. But why stay so long
if that is the case?

Why belong to a group in the first place if you do not feel some
obligation and loyalty to the group. No one cares about your two cents

worth
on anything, let alone recumbents. Try to be a person for a change
instead
of "I could care less" sort of non-person.

Then leave already, nobody wants you here, go back to your supposed dozen
or
so recumbents laying around your house

Can't be a person, can you? Just a sorry caricature of a person.

By the way, I ignore 95% of the messages on ARBR because they do not
interest me and I also ignore certain posters for the same reason. But

those
messages and posters that do interest me get my full attention, as you
should well know by now.

Sure Ed sure

You bet Leuck! You are NOT one of the few posters here on ARBR who interest
me, but rather with you it is always the subject, trivial though it may be.
You are not on the abysmal low level of Slugger, but you are far from the
rarefied heights of Ed Dolan the Great!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old April 29th 05, 06:25 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Fred sounds a lot like you Ed...wait I forgot you don't have a recumbent
or
ride

Can't get beyond the proxy - can you.

Don't really care to either

The world is full of characters like Gin and I do not waste my time on

them.

Sure you do, you haven't stopped talking about him/them

There is no them, just him. Note that I am talking ABOUT him, not TO him.
And I am only talking about him in relationship to this group. The group

is
my focus, not him. Also, please note that in this thread I am talking TO
you, not ABOUT you. That is because I do not believe I am wasting my time
with you.

No you are talking about him because he bugs you, you can't help but talk
about him. He really got to you

Aww nobody came to poor Ed Gin..er Ed Dolan's defense, gosh can't

imagine
why

Never mind me, you did not come to the defense of the group, as if you

were
not part of it even though you have been posting here like forever. But
maybe you are just slumming here like so many others. But why stay so long
if that is the case?

Defense of the group? you could have had everyone against the guy(s) and he
still would have posted, he/they could have cared less

Sure Ed sure

You bet Leuck! You are NOT one of the few posters here on ARBR who

interest
me, but rather with you it is always the subject, trivial though it may

be.
You are not on the abysmal low level of Slugger, but you are far from the
rarefied heights of Ed Dolan the Great!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

You mean "Ed Dolan the Coward - Minnesota"

Old April 29th 05, 10:14 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Fred sounds a lot like you Ed...wait I forgot you don't have a
recumbent
or
ride

Can't get beyond the proxy - can you.

Don't really care to either

I think that is the whole purpose of a proxy, to remain forever anonymous so
one can act like a scoundrel with no consequences.

The world is full of characters like Gin and I do not waste my time on
them.

Sure you do, you haven't stopped talking about him/them

There is no them, just him. Note that I am talking ABOUT him, not TO him.
And I am only talking about him in relationship to this group. The group

is
my focus, not him. Also, please note that in this thread I am talking TO
you, not ABOUT you. That is because I do not believe I am wasting my time
with you.

No you are talking about him because he bugs you, you can't help but talk
about him. He really got to you

What really bugged me is the way the group reacted to him by not reacting. I
would not have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it. I assure you, he did
not get to me. But the group did. That is why I am conversing with you right
now.

Aww nobody came to poor Ed Gin..er Ed Dolan's defense, gosh can't

imagine
why

Never mind me, you did not come to the defense of the group, as if you

were
not part of it even though you have been posting here like forever. But
maybe you are just slumming here like so many others. But why stay so
long
if that is the case?

Defense of the group? you could have had everyone against the guy(s) and
he
still would have posted, he/they could have cared less

I think you are right, but still everyone should have said at least
something. The silence was deafening.

Sure Ed sure

You bet Leuck! You are NOT one of the few posters here on ARBR who

interest
me, but rather with you it is always the subject, trivial though it may

be.
You are not on the abysmal low level of Slugger, but you are far from the
rarefied heights of Ed Dolan the Great!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

You mean "Ed Dolan the Coward - Minnesota"

No, I mean Ed Dolan the Great. I spoke up, you did not.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota