Somebody mail the Page Family a copy of the U.S. Constitution

Old December 26th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Somebody mail the Page Family a copy of the U.S. Constitution

On Dec 25, 7:55*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Dec 25, 7:12 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:

I thought you didn't know what the 'heckling mess' was about.

There is a difference between heckling a participant during an event
(although Wellens didn't seem to know that) and heckling/disrupting an
interview.

Dumbass -

Didn't know until this thread.

As for the difference - I disagree, not if it's in a public place.

Analogy. after a football game, if the sideline reporter is
interviewing a player and fans are in the background
interrupting, booing, heckling, cheering, whatever.
well, that's just part of the gig.

thanks,

K. Gringioni

If that is the case, then like the sideline reporters, the organizers
should have held the awards/interviews in a more controlled forum.
However, I suspect what happened was unexpected, if not unprecedented.
Unfortunately, that just means that in the future organizers may feel
compelled to budget for a secured interview area or for security to
manage the interview area.

Dumbass -

It's all part of the show. They have a lot of police/security at the
football games, but they don't stop people from cheering/booing or
whatever. Oftentimes you'll see drunk fans in the background waving
their arms, doing all sorts of stupid things in the background of the
postgame sideline interview. They don't do anything unless it starts
to get profane.

Same goes for people in the stands during the game. Unless a fan gets
ridiculously profane, the paid security lets it happen. It's part of
the show.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old December 26th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Dec 25, 5:24*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Ever go to a high school or college football game and watch what the fans do to
the opposing team? *Ever see what the basketball fans behind the glass backboard
do to a free throw shooter from the away team?

Dumbass -

Where I grew up, in Laramie Wyo., home of the University of Wyoming,
the students behind the backboard would all stand up and moon the
opponent's free throw shooters.

The opponent's free throw shooters would be looking at a sea of bare
asses.

No one ever got arrested.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old December 26th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

" wrote:

On Dec 25, 10:35 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

"DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!!"

Had that guy sued in federal court he would have won.

For scuffling with a university cop? You're dreaming.
Even rent-a-cops get away with worse, and state university
cops are, for better or worse, real police.

John Kerry sat there like a scardy cat. He lost the election right there. Dude
is suppose to be a Democrat and he can't stand up for free speech at a political
question and answer?

Dude,
"Don't tase me, bro!" happened in September 2007.
I suppose there is an argument that voters in 2004
saw deep into John Kerry's soul and foresaw that
he would not stand up for a dumbass undergrad,
but you'd have to believe in Bigfoot to buy that.
Also, Kerry did say "That's alright, let me answer
his question" not "Eat hot taser, bitch," which is what
Dick Cheney would have said and admittedly would
be funnier.

Ben

Kerry is a pussy. He let the cops arrest and tase a guy for asking a question. He
ruined his image right there. Forever.

Magilla

Old December 26th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Do you think the drunks on Manayunk Wall in Philly who yell at the
cyclists are arrested? What the hell are you going to arrest them for?
Goddamn. This was POST RACE. You're moving the goalposts again. More
pussification of rbr.

It doesn't matter if it's pre-race, during race, or post-race. A public park
is a public park.

Magilla

"DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!!"

Had that guy sued in federal court he would have won.

John Kerry sat there like a scardy cat. He lost the election right there. Dude
is suppose to be a Democrat and he can't stand up for free speech at a political
question and answer?

Magilla

Gaddamn you're stupid. Kerry ran for president in 2004. Taze me dude was
15 months ago.
Old December 26th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

On Dec 25, 9:17*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Do you think the drunks on Manayunk Wall in Philly who yell at the
cyclists are arrested? *What the hell are you going to arrest them for?
Goddamn. This was POST RACE. You're moving the goalposts again. More
pussification of rbr.

It doesn't matter if it's pre-race, during race, or post-race. *A public park
is a public park.

Magilla

"DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!!"

Dumbass -

See the example about the sideline interview, post-football game. It's
the better analogy.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

None of these distinctions matter because there are no distinctions. You can say
whatever you want whenever you want.

Magilla

Old December 26th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
[...]

And that's for a private stadium (private property). On public property -
where all bike races take place - there has to be even more latitude. Short of
nudity or obstructing the course, I don't see a reason a cop can arrest
anyone.

Magilla

Old December 26th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
[...]

Sometimes the stadiums are public property (owned by the cities).
Still, in general I agree with you.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old December 26th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Do you think the drunks on Manayunk Wall in Philly who yell at the
cyclists are arrested? What the hell are you going to arrest them for?
Goddamn. This was POST RACE. You're moving the goalposts again. More
pussification of rbr.

It doesn't matter if it's pre-race, during race, or post-race. A public park
is a public park.

Magilla

If someone chose to hold up a sign in the middle of the race course
stating that they thought Page sucked, they would have the right to do
so because it's a public place?

No, not in the middle of the course. That part of the course is closed to the
public. But everywhere else is fair game.

Magilla

Breaking news: Hinault says you are a pussy.
Old December 26th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Dec 25, 10:40*pm, "Joe Big" wrote:
Relax jackass. *Just relax.

Dumbass -

Magilla is not out of control.

There have been plenty of incidents in this forum where people lose
it. This isn't close to being one of them.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.