Has a.r.b.r. bit the dust?

Old April 22nd 05, 06:00 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

nget wrote:

Can those on the far left only have fun if they shout down
the conservative and limit free speech?
Only a liberal like Wayne could say that he wants to lighten
things up while at the same time he attacks and flames away.
Life is good without the mental disorder of liberalism.

"Librul Orphant Annie" (with apologies to James Whitcomb Riley):

At one time a Lib-er-ul 'ud allus laugh an' grin,
An' make fun of ever' one, an' all they blood-an'-kin;
An' wunst, when they was "company", Conservatives wuz there,
He mocked 'em an' he shocked 'em, an' said he didn't care!
An' thist as he kicked his heels, an' turn't to run an' hide,
They wuz two great big Men In Black a-standin' by his side,
An' they snatched him out the door afore he knowed what he's about!
An' the Neo-cons 'll git you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!

Old April 22nd 05, 08:49 PM
LoGo USA

nget ngarrulously ngushed:

Only a liberal like Wayne...

I'm a LIBERAL? GASP! That's an odd proposition.
If John Birch gets the word on this new definition,
They'll be calling themselves neo-moderates, maybe;
And the NEW RIGHT, I guess, will insist that a baby
Has full rights from the instant of seminal spurting,
And that condoms are evil devices subverting
All the pleasures of sex to the work of the devil...
No, I'm kidding, of course; I should say (on the level):
All the folks here who know me will have a good laugh
At nget's rash assumption with this ngoofy ngaffe.

I'm afraid he has earned a swift swat on his tush;
From the way that I voted last year - NOT FOR BUSH -

My political bent can be simply condensed:
Mr. Kerry's the guy that I voted AGAINST!
When one posts to a newgroup he shouldn't condemn
A comparative stranger; this 'US versus THEM'
Predilection's a sad and frustrating condition;
When a guy's so comitted - a man on a mission -
That he leaps to such blatantly errant conclusions,
He perhaps should consider he suffers delusions.

As I've stated before, ev'ry newsgroup consumer
Clearly needs, most of all, an intact sense of humor.

Keep smiling [PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!]
Wayne

Old April 22nd 05, 11:58 PM
nget

LoGo USA Wrote:
nget ngarrulously ngushed:

Only a liberal like Wayne...

I'm a LIBERAL? GASP! That's an odd proposition.
If John Birch gets the word on this new definition,
They'll be calling themselves neo-moderates, maybe;
And the NEW RIGHT, I guess, will insist that a baby
Has full rights from the instant of seminal spurting,
And that condoms are evil devices subverting
All the pleasures of sex to the work of the devil...
No, I'm kidding, of course; I should say (on the level):
All the folks here who know me will have a good laugh
At nget's rash assumption with this ngoofy ngaffe.

I'm afraid he has earned a swift swat on his tush;
From the way that I voted last year - NOT FOR BUSH -

My political bent can be simply condensed:
Mr. Kerry's the guy that I voted AGAINST!
When one posts to a newgroup he shouldn't condemn
A comparative stranger; this 'US versus THEM'
Predilection's a sad and frustrating condition;
When a guy's so comitted - a man on a mission -
That he leaps to such blatantly errant conclusions,
He perhaps should consider he suffers delusions.

As I've stated before, ev'ry newsgroup consumer
Clearly needs, most of all, an intact sense of humor.

Keep smiling [PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!]
Wayne

You are most likely a closet liberal,and this may just be your best
chance to come out.
Along with a sense of humor,a sense of fair play would be refreshing.In
order for the group to become something of value a certain amount of
trust should be in place.
Bottom line is Chicago monkeys wiped their butts on this place then
left.Before they had their own board which they also trashed.End.

--
nget

Old April 23rd 05, 05:03 AM

LOL! "My political bent"??? You mean Alfred E Newman lost? Swear to
that on a stack of Holy Bibles? ;-)

Old April 23rd 05, 06:01 AM
Edward Dolan

"nget" wrote in message

LoGo USA Wrote:
nget ngarrulously ngushed:

Only a liberal like Wayne...

I'm a LIBERAL? GASP! That's an odd proposition.
If John Birch gets the word on this new definition,
They'll be calling themselves neo-moderates, maybe;
And the NEW RIGHT, I guess, will insist that a baby
Has full rights from the instant of seminal spurting,
And that condoms are evil devices subverting
All the pleasures of sex to the work of the devil...
No, I'm kidding, of course; I should say (on the level):
All the folks here who know me will have a good laugh
At nget's rash assumption with this ngoofy ngaffe.

I'm afraid he has earned a swift swat on his tush;
From the way that I voted last year - NOT FOR BUSH -

[...]

Right you are nget! All the nonsense poetry in the world cannot obscure the
fact of what happened here with Ed Gin and his Monkey Islanders nor how the
rest of the group stood by and let it happen. Meinecke and Sherman proved
themselves to be the cowards that they are by not coming to the defense of
the group. There were only a few of us who had any self respect, let alone
decency.

I frankly no longer give a damn about this group. I can stand stupid folks
since there are so many, but I can't stand cowardly folks - and that is what
ARBR is full of. Ed Gin and his Monkey Islanders will be back to rub your
noses in their **** yet once again. Learn to like it since you are cowards.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old April 23rd 05, 07:29 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I frankly no longer give a damn about this group. I can stand stupid folks
since there are so many, but I can't stand cowardly folks - and that is

what
ARBR is full of. Ed Gin and his Monkey Islanders will be back to rub your
noses in their **** yet once again. Learn to like it since you are

cowards.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Goodbye Ed, don't let the door hit you on the way out

Old April 23rd 05, 08:58 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I frankly no longer give a damn about this group. I can stand stupid
folks
since there are so many, but I can't stand cowardly folks - and that is

what
ARBR is full of. Ed Gin and his Monkey Islanders will be back to rub your
noses in their **** yet once again. Learn to like it since you are

cowards.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Goodbye Ed, don't let the door hit you on the way out

Everyone please note the lack of a period at the end of Leuck's brainless
comment.

I will only look in on the group periodically (and rarely) to see how it is
doing. However, threads having to do with the demise of ARBR from it's
former greatness will always interest me since I am one of the few who knows
what happened and why it happened.

Recumbent related subjects on this group are for the birds - always have
been and always will be because of various scoundrels who infest the group.
If anyone is genuinely interested in learning something about recumbents, I
suggest any moderated forum where scum like Ed Gin and his Monkey Islanders
are excluded.

The rest of you will have to settle for the likes of Leuck, Meinecke and
Sherman - quite a let down I know after having had the privilege of reading
the late great Ed Dolan. But nothing good lasts forever.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old April 23rd 05, 09:49 AM
Edward Dolan

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...

Trolls... likely will return...

One whose name should not be mentioned responded:

We great ones... are now gone, most likely never to return.

Inspiring me (once again) to have a bit of funky fun:

Jon was right in his doubts that non-trolls won a victory.
With a message itself just a tad contradictory,
One annoying old TROLL, who berated and cussed us,
Like a zombie, came back - non-poetic injustice!

When you read where a TROLL makes a promise (or threatens)
That he's gone, disappeared, like those furry Tibetans
Which most people suspect are just mythical creatures,
Don't believe it; TROLL bookings may be double features.

You relax, and the TROLL (much more vile than a Yeti)
May pop up like a landmine - SURPRISE! Bouncing Betty!
Though he swears he's "most likely to never return",
Don't take bets unless you have some money to burn!

Keep smiling,
Wayne

Your verse would have been truly appreciated in the good old days, but the
Ed Gin - Monkey Islanders episode has permanently soured this group to all
levity, wit and intelligence. Besides, those types have long since gone from
here and what is left now are the dregs of society - homo stupidus in all
his glory.

Do not waste any effort or your talent on this group as they are not worth
it. However, I think you are quite the poet (and witty too). I wish I could
do that but I never could write a single line of verse. Also, I never
attempt wit because I do not have the intelligence for it. The saddest sight
in the world are dumbbells who think they are witty. Sherman is a prime
example of that. It is better to be total plodder like Meinecke.

The trouble with writing verse is that no one will read it. It belongs to
the previous centuries, not to this century. It may be that rap is all we
are capable of anymore. I much prefer well written prose myself as I am
never sure what the poets are going on and on about. I once read Lord
Byron's works and finally decided it was beautiful but it never made much
sense - or at least it was not worth thinking about. But I am a lazy man if
nothing else and I never like to work at anything. I have always found
poetry to be hard work.

Best Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old April 23rd 05, 10:58 AM
Edward Dolan

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
BentJay wrote:
Why did the trolls go away? Is someone monitoring this newsgroup now?

I suspect they got bored coz eveyone ignored / killfiled them. That is
the
way it is with trolls. 'tis still and unmoderated 'froup.

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. But I have two eyes and
they were both wide open for the entire episode.

I can tell you what killed this group and it was not the so-called "trolls"
which have been with us from the beginning or any kill filing going on
either. It was a particular criminal troll by the name of Ed Gin with help
from his group known as the Monkey Islanders. He was a criminal troll
because his posts did not relate to anything that had gone before, he
interleaved his posts into other threads that were not relevant, he was
never responsive, he used every name and address in the book (sock puppets),
but even worse than that he used real names not his own so as to mislead
others as to who was saying what. He was also a computer hacker or at least
one of his associates was.

But Larrington laid low like most of the other cowards here and saw no evil,
heard no evil and said nothing. But I know who spoke up and who didn't speak
up and I am not about to gloss over it like so many others. Only McNamara
and a few others spoke up. The rest of you buried your heads in the sand
like ostriches hoping it would all go away. Now you know why I have such
contempt for this group overall and for a few members in particular whom I
had always regarded as the mainstay of the group.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old April 23rd 05, 11:02 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I will only look in on the group periodically (and rarely) to see how it

is
doing. However, threads having to do with the demise of ARBR from it's
former greatness will always interest me since I am one of the few who

knows
what happened and why it happened.

Wow got us all on pins and needles in anticipation

Recumbent related subjects on this group are for the birds - always have
been and always will be because of various scoundrels who infest the

group.
If anyone is genuinely interested in learning something about recumbents,

suggest any moderated forum where scum like Ed Gin and his Monkey

Islanders
are excluded.

Unlike you Ed Gin and his Monkey Islanders at least talked about recumbents

The rest of you will have to settle for the likes of Leuck, Meinecke and
Sherman - quite a let down I know after having had the privilege of

reading
the late great Ed Dolan. But nothing good lasts forever.

yawn