'Cross in the CO news

Old December 6th 05, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default 'Cross in the CO news

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3281982

great photo!

Old December 6th 05, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Scott wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3281982

great photo!

The Camera has an article too:
http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/cycli...288404,00.html

Bret

Old December 6th 05, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Even better in the paper, it's presented as a series of photos--short
landing, airborne, splat.

Old December 6th 05, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Scott wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3281982

great photo!

Grealish the first to bring 'the racers to Boulder 20 years ago?'
Ahh, I think not.

Old December 6th 05, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Scott wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3281982

great photo!

Grealish the first to bring 'the racers to Boulder 20 years ago?'
Ahh, I think not.

I thought that comment seemed 'questionable' too, but haven't been
around long enough to know the real deal. I'm sure there's someone out
there who can shed some light on it.

Old December 6th 05, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I did a Greeleach Cross race about 10 years ago. It was at the gravel
quarry on Valmont. Got to run over big piles of dirt. Yea Fun...
NOT!!!

Colorado Cross racing is much bigger now then it was 10 years ago.
Full schedule from mid-September to December. Good variety of courses
and promoters.

Old December 6th 05, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Scott wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3281982

great photo!

Grealish the first to bring 'the racers to Boulder 20 years ago?'
Ahh, I think not.

What it said was:"who first brought the *hybrid racers* to Boulder
nearly 20 years ago."

When I started racing cross back in the late 80's, Chris was the only
one promoting cross races in Boulder. Other folks like Hammer Racing
Team (my team back then) were doing the Chatfield races in SW Denver
even though it was a Boulder team. I'm not really sure whether
anything happened in Boulder before that. In any case, it didn't get
big until Chris came along. He did a lot of races.

Bret

Old December 6th 05, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

CoBikeRacer wrote:
I did a Greeleach Cross race about 10 years ago. It was at the gravel
quarry on Valmont. Got to run over big piles of dirt. Yea Fun...
NOT!!!

Colorado Cross racing is much bigger now then it was 10 years ago.
Full schedule from mid-September to December. Good variety of courses
and promoters.

I liked that Western Mobile site and was sorry to see it go. It wasn't
pretty, but the courses were good. Spectators could stand on that hill
in the middle and see the entire course.

Bret

Old December 6th 05, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

We can b & m about "who brung the racing" but Chris definitely made the
call to the Denver Post to draw a reporter out to the race, Pr is
something race organizers seem to have difficulty doing

His love enthusiasm cannot be disputed.

Brook
Old December 7th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I couldn't agree more Brook.

Chris is doing more than ever for the sport these days, and we are so
lucky to have him back promoting and advocating, here in Colorado.

Primus Mootry made the season a lot more fun.

I'm going to take the "high road" on this one, and just say I
appreciate everything you do Chris.

DT

--
davetowle