'Cross in the CO news

Old December 7th 05, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default 'Cross in the CO news

BW wrote:
We can b & m about "who brung the racing" but Chris definitely made the
call to the Denver Post to draw a reporter out to the race, Pr is
something race organizers seem to have difficulty doing

His love enthusiasm cannot be disputed.

Brook

Is Chris the one who called in the drum corps too? That was a lot of
fun. I found out later that coincidentally, they were from Alex
Coelho's high school.

Bret

Old December 7th 05, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bret wrote:
BW wrote:
We can b & m about "who brung the racing" but Chris definitely made the
call to the Denver Post to draw a reporter out to the race, Pr is
something race organizers seem to have difficulty doing

His love enthusiasm cannot be disputed.

Brook

Is Chris the one who called in the drum corps too? That was a lot of
fun. I found out later that coincidentally, they were from Alex
Coelho's high school.

Bret

That was pretty cool.

I heard that for next year's CO date on the USGP calendar they're
bringing in the drumline from Morris Brown U.

Old December 7th 05, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

That wasn't pretty cool,....... please.

That was really cool!

You can thank Brian H for that one though....

The kids in the drum corp were so happy to be there, even though it was
way too cold to be playing drums outside. I think Alex was pretty proud
to show them what he does, I know I was proud of him, always am.......

We all should be proud, the CO cross comunity is a group of genuinely
wonderful people and I'm, for one, proud to be a part of what we have.

Colorado is gonna kill it, at Nat's. Keister, Bret, Brook, Alex, Brady,
Howes, Tejay, Danny, JHK, Katie, Eric and company are going to be a
"hurricane of pain", go get 'em you guys!!!! (and ladies).

DT

--
davetowle

Old December 7th 05, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

We drove up from Austin in my old Volvo to race the Nationals at Monument
Valley Park, that was in 1980. Eddie B had the whole OTC gang out there
so there must have been some of what Bret describes going on

BW

In article . com, "Bret"
wrote:

Patrick O'Grady wrote:
However, a suburban legend has it that Eddie B used to train the national
team in Monument Valley Park, where I put on my first 'cross races (and
still ride today). I have a little circuit that takes about six-and-a-half
minutes at fat-******* pace, with four run-ups, a couple of button-hook
descents, lots of windy flats and way too many oblivious poodle-walkers
wearing iPods.

I figured there must have been some cross training going on at the OTC
but not necessarily races. It's good to hear that you're training for
next cross season. :-)

Bret

Old December 7th 05, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default BoulderRacing Rocks!!!

CG was good in the PAST...
BUT, BoulderRacing.com and Brian H. rock the Boulder Racing Sceen NOW!!

Koppenburg RR, Lousiville Crit & Mike Horgan HC
Golden Gate MTB
Boulder Short Track Series
Boulder Cyclo Cross Series

Somewhere around 18 or so days of racing. All from my front door!!!

Keep up the good work Brian and crew!!!
Plus he helps with the CU team and is on the NCCA Board.

Old December 7th 05, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

CoBikeRacer wrote:
CG was good in the PAST...
BUT, BoulderRacing.com and Brian H. rock the Boulder Racing Sceen NOW!!

Koppenburg RR, Lousiville Crit & Mike Horgan HC
Golden Gate MTB
Boulder Short Track Series
Boulder Cyclo Cross Series

Somewhere around 18 or so days of racing. All from my front door!!!

Keep up the good work Brian and crew!!!
Plus he helps with the CU team and is on the NCCA Board.

Nobody's taking anything away from Brian and his crew. They do a great
job. We're just happy to see Chris back. It sounds like they'll be
working together on at least one project.

Bret

Old December 7th 05, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Patrick O'Grady" wrote in message

However, a suburban legend has it that Eddie B used to train the national
team in Monument Valley Park, where I put on my first 'cross races (and
still ride today).

Is that different than Printer's Park? Printer's Park (if it's still there)
was on, of course, Printer's Parkway, just east of the velodrome. We did
used to have some impromptu races there. The only formal "race" I recall (I
started going to the Springs in the winter in 1986) was Les Barczewski's
cyclocross race in January 1986, back when each club was required to put on
a race annually. Les was a one man club.

The Colorado Springs website http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=788#M
doesn't list a Monument Valley Park.

Old December 7th 05, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Carl,

I assume Printer's Park was near the Printers and Typesetter Retirement
Home, that is now closed I believe. It was near the velodrome which is
where you trackies spent most of your time.

Monument Valley Park is next to Colorado College down by Monument Creek
which parallels I-25.

Brook

Old December 7th 05, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dancin' on the pedals

BW wrote:
It was near the velodrome which is
where you trackies spent most of your time.

Brook

Okay, I've gotta cut back on the caffeine. After reading the line
above from Brook's post, the song 'Will It Go Round In Circles' by
Billy Preston popped into my head.

Made me think, there must be other songs that can clearly be linked to
other cycling disciplines.

For example:

RAAM - 'Truckin' (for the lyric "what a long, strange trip it's been")

Okay, I either need another cup of coffee or someone else will have to
come up with some more examples