The demise of professional cycling

Old May 3rd 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default The demise of professional cycling

wrote:
And actually, if you take the paragraph above and replace
"professional bicycle racing" with any other organized human endeavor,
and "performance-enhancing drugs" with another 'cheating' method ...
you can see that there is nothing unique to bike racing. (e.g, try
"politics" and "influence peddling")

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

Its a dirty job being the official WADA podium girl breast implant
checker, but somebodies got to do it.

Old May 3rd 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 03 May 2007 09:35:19 +0000, Donald Munro

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

Its a dirty job being the official WADA podium girl breast implant
checker, but somebodies got to do it.

I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
against podium girls.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 3rd 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On 2 May 2007 12:19:09 -0700, Bill C wrote:

On May 2, 3:13 pm, Curtis L. Russell wrote:

e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

This has taken a nasty turn.

Curtis L. Russell

..

So would that be illustrated with a oicture of Britany, Paris,
Lindsay, or Madonna?
Bill C

Those would cover the 'nasty' part of the equation, unless by
'Britany' you meant the spaniel.

With that spelling, he apparently meant neither.

Recovering English major,

Old May 3rd 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On May 3, 10:32 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

--
Ryan Cousineau /
to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos- Hide quoted text -

Spelling is usually OK, typing is horrible, and that's on a good day.
I'd be willing to look up the spelling for the Spaniel, but I really
don't care how the skanks spell it.
Should slow down, and use spell check, but, damn, that ruins the flow
of the conversation for me. Lots of little idiosyncracies that require
the good will of others. I do occasionally cringe at some of it
though. The general level of everyone else's typing, and their
tolerance for my **** poor skills are a pleasant, and much
appreciated, surprise for me.
Bill C

Old May 3rd 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 3, 9:36 am, Curtis L. Russell wrote:

I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
against podium girls.

How do you feel about firm podium girls?

Old May 3rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On 3 May 2007 08:55:52 -0700, "
wrote:

On May 3, 9:36 am, Curtis L. Russell wrote:

I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
against podium girls.

How do you feel about firm podium girls?

Leaning toward them, as much as possible. And I realize now that my
last sentence could be taken two ways. If you have your choice between
being firmly against a particular podium girl and being firmly against
having podium girls as a concept, I'd lean toward the first. As much
as possible.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 3rd 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Howard Kveck" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article ,
Kyle Legate wrote:

Montesquiou wrote:
"Howard Kveck" a écrit dans le message de
In article , Montesquiou
wrote:

How many true champions left the sport because they never accepted
the
dopping ?
We never will know.
That's true. But you're forgetting that the answer might as easily
be
"none" as any that you may be thinking of.

As I know one of them, I was sure that "none" was not the answer.
It happens around 15/16 Y old

He said true champions, not teenage might-have-beens.

Yes, I know, my english is far from perfect.
However, I hope you can understand it, we use in France expressions like "
Champions en herbe, jeunes champions, petits champions, véritables
champions" also for to name young sportman.
I am thinking, as an example, to the french swimmer Laure Manaudou.
She was 14 years old when she began to train with Philippe Lucas.
14 years old .... and training because she was a true champion at 14,
winning so many competitions that Lucas convinced his father.

Look in your country and tell me if there is no similar example.

Indeed I agree with those who expressed concern on the lack of similar drug
tests in other sports....

That's the point I was making - we don't have any idea if they were
going to be champions until they actually became one.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Old May 3rd 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
. com,
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
[...]

You misspelled `idiosyncrasies', dumbass.

--
Michael Press
Old May 3rd 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Michael Press wrote:
You misspelled `idiosyncrasies', dumbass.

Dumbass,
On rbr we're all idiotsyncratic by definition otherwise we wouldn't be
here.

Old May 3rd 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Curtis L. Russell

wrote:

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

Its a dirty job being the official WADA podium girl breast implant
checker, but somebodies got to do it.

I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
against podium girls.

I don't mind being held firmly against podium girls...

Ye hypocrites! are these your pranks? To murder men and give God thanks?
Desist, for shame! Proceed no further: God won't accept your thanks for
murther
-- Robert Burns, 'Thanksgiving For a National Victory'