Cyclists Boycott Assos

Old March 16th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Cyclists Boycott Assos

On Mar 15, 4:29*pm, Bill C wrote:

Assos sounds sort French too, and I'm not wearing French Shorts.
Freedom shorts for me. *These colors don't runnn!!!!!

Glad to see you getting with the program. Have some "freedom fries".
Make sure you listen to Rush on monday so you know what to think for
the week though.

Dumbass -

Rush hates John McCain.

Who am I gonna vote for? I'm confused!

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 16th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Mar 15, 7:27*am, bobcullinan wrote:
On Mar 15, 4:27 am, "TM" wrote:

Fans of American cyclist Levi Leipheimer are boycotting the Swiss company
Assos. *Company officials announced to investors today that their first
quarter 2008 earnings would fall well below analysts' expectations as a
result. *"Stockpiles of XL, XLG and TIR sized goods are building and if they
continue at this pace will bring tremendous pressure to our balance sheet,"
an unnamed Assos official said. "This is serious."

"Leipheimer's fans are an enthusiastic, if uninformed, lot," said industry
analyst Handel Barr. *"They are upset Levi won't be allowed to start this
year's Tour de France, but they seem to have confused Assos with the Amaury
Sports Organisation (ASO) who promote Le Tour. *I can only speculate this is
because Assos and ASO both use the letters A, S, O exclusively in their
names, are connected to cycling in some fashion and are European."

News of the crisis has prompted the Swiss government to try and intercede on
Assos' behalf.

"We're having trouble even starting talks. *We tried to contact the boycott
leaders through the 'Let Levi Ride' website, but the people there were
unfamiliar with the boycott. *They did offer us a 'pro deal' on some
Bontrager components. *Unfortunately, the savings doesn't amount to more
than a pair of Fl.13 S5 bid shorts," said government spokesman Willelmus de
Fruentia. *"As it stands", he continued,"the war between the ASO and the UCI
will be the only European war that hasn't made Switzerland money. *That
would be embarrassing to have happen on our watch, no pun intended".

Hmmm...is this for real? It smells like a hoax to me.

Dumbass -

It's real.

People get confused easily w/ acronyms, plus Assos ran an Ass.OS
campaign a few years ago.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 16th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Let this be your first and last attempt at humor.
Old March 16th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Rush hates John McCain.

True - for now. It won't be long before he's supporting McCain just like he would
any other Republican candidate.

On the other hand, maybe Bill meant the band Rush...

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 16th 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
the 1978 World track championship in Munich.

That was when Toni Maier-Moussa and Hans Hess
brought out the very first anatomical skin suit that was
worn by Daniel Gisiger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Krienbühl
Old March 16th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

* *On the other hand, maybe Bill meant the band Rush...

--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * tanx,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Howard

* * * * * * * * * * * * Whatever happened to
* * * * * * * * * * * * Leon Trotsky?
* * * * * * * * * * * * He got an icepick
* * * * * * * * * * * * That made his ears burn.

* * * * * * * * * * *remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

That's a much better, and more recommended listen for sure, but they
are evil Canadians, and you might be un-American for listening to
them.
Bill C
Old March 16th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Rush hates John McCain.

True - for now. It won't be long before he's supporting McCain just like
he would
any other Republican candidate.

On the other hand, maybe Bill meant the band Rush...

Totally true. Neil Peart was making phone calls in support of Ron Paul.

Freewill!

Actually, considering how much trouble candidates get in for picking
thematically inappropriate theme songs, one of Rush's instrumental works
might be a reasonable choice.

I wouldn't recommend YYZ, but the 2112 Overture might reinforce the
libertarian credentials of any candidate.

Old March 16th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Ted van de Weteringe" wrote in message
Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
the 1978 World track championship in Munich.

That was when Toni Maier-Moussa and Hans Hess
brought out the very first anatomical skin suit that was
worn by Daniel Gisiger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Krienbühl

Well the official Assos website claims they came
out with the first Anatomical skin suit.

I see that Krienbuhl got laughed at.
Nobody laughed at Gisiger.

Krienbuhl's suit was beat out by this:
http://tinyurl.com/36868g

Old March 16th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Rush hates John McCain.

True - for now. It won't be long before he's supporting McCain just like
he would
any other Republican candidate.

On the other hand, maybe Bill meant the band Rush...

Totally true. Neil Peart was making phone calls in support of Ron Paul.

Freewill!

Actually, considering how much trouble candidates get in for picking
thematically inappropriate theme songs, one of Rush's instrumental works
might be a reasonable choice.

I wouldn't recommend YYZ, but the 2112 Overture might reinforce the
libertarian credentials of any candidate.

I'd have to say that if any candidate used a Rush song for their theme music, I'd
be pretty likely to *not* vote for 'em. I recognize that Rush are good musicians, but
I don't like their songs. Anyway, there's so many Canadian bands that I like better:
the Guess Who, the Diodes, the Pointed Sticks, DOA, the Subhumans, Personality
Crisis, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, Atomic 7, among others.

Old March 17th 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Rush hates John McCain.

True - for now. It won't be long before he's supporting McCain just like
he would
any other Republican candidate.

On the other hand, maybe Bill meant the band Rush...

Totally true. Neil Peart was making phone calls in support of Ron Paul.

Freewill!

Actually, considering how much trouble candidates get in for picking
thematically inappropriate theme songs, one of Rush's instrumental works
might be a reasonable choice.

I wouldn't recommend YYZ, but the 2112 Overture might reinforce the
libertarian credentials of any candidate.

Skip their music. Make the candidates drive red barchettas and elude
double-wide robot roadsters. Winner gets the White House. It'd make a
great reality TV show too.

Boycott Gettysburg Tom Mountain Biking 0 August 8th 06 05:22 PM
BOYCOTT PHONAK & ISHARES Alec Sander Racing 10 August 7th 06 09:49 AM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Rides 1 July 26th 06 11:17 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Mountain Biking 1 July 26th 06 10:46 PM
Boycott ALL Mexican restaurants [email protected] Racing 4 May 9th 06 11:52 PM