Vanderkitten

Old March 22nd 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Vanderkitten

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...an09/jan21news

Vanderkitten roster for 2009

Vanderkitten Racing announced its eight-rider team, with
continuing title sponsorship from Vanderkitten Clothing, for
2009.

Jennifer Wilson, Liz Hatch, Melissa Sanborn and Leigh Hopkins
(Valletti) return to lead the team with the goal of capturing
the US Crit Series team title once again in 2009. With the
additions of Laura Bowles, Melodie Metzger, Virginia Perkins
and Elisabeth Williams, the team adds experience and the
additional horsepower needed to challenge the tough NRC race
schedule.

"I am really looking forward to the opportunity to work with
everyone on the roster," said recently appointed Team Race
Manager Jeff Hopkins. "It seems to me that Vanderkitten Racing
has all of the pieces in place to be a great team. I am proud
to see the enthusiastic support of Vanderkitten along with the
support of Stork Bicycles. We look forward to this year's
season and are ready for the challenges ahead."

2009 Vanderkitten Racing Team: Laura Bowles, Liz Hatch, Leigh
Hopkins, Melodie Metzger, Virginia Perkins, Melissa Sandborn,
Elisabeth Williams, Jennifer Wilson, Haley Beann, Jennifer
Greenberg, Charlotte Hart, Mary Maroon

Wow..what a far-reaching goal - to win the "team title of the USA Crits
Series" - a series that offers nothing to the winner. Dream big,
girls.

And all these teams that hire husbands of riders to be the D.S. are the
most ****ed up things I have ever seen in my life. You simply don't see
that in any other professional sport and doing this represents a trailer
park gene in the white trash of this sport.

You got Carrot Top (Jeff Hopkins) whose married to Leigh Hopkins
(formerly Valletti). You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her
****ed-up husband.

You got Team Type I run by Kori Seehafer's husband.

This sport is a ****ing double-wide trailer park.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 22nd 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her ****ed-up husband.

Not anymore, he's DS for Cervélo now. Also, why is JP van Poppel ****ed
up? (other than for running his wife's team).
Old March 22nd 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:02:52 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her
****ed-up husband.

Dude was way way fast.
Old March 22nd 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:41:22 +0100, Susan Walker
wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her ****ed-up husband.

Not anymore, he's DS for Cervélo now.

That explains a lot of their recent success.
Old March 22nd 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her
****ed-up husband.

Dude was way way fast.

Watching him ride away solo in the last 1K of a TDF stage is one of
the coolest things I've seen in the sport.
Old March 22nd 09, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Bret wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:14 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:02:52 -0400, MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her
****ed-up husband.

Dude was way way fast.

Watching him ride away solo in the last 1K of a TDF stage is one of
the coolest things I've seen in the sport.

That was more Jelle Nijdam's specialty, wasn't it? Did Van Poppel do 1k
flyers?
Old March 22nd 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 22, 3:28*pm, Susan Walker wrote:
Bret wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:14 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:02:52 -0400, MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her
****ed-up husband.
Dude was way way fast.

Watching him ride away solo in the last 1K of a TDF stage is one of
the coolest things I've seen in the sport.

That was more Jelle Nijdam's specialty, wasn't it? Did Van Poppel do 1k
flyers?

dumbass,

correct, jelle nidjam was my favorite rider. van poppel was more like
a mcewen type bursty sprinter.
Old March 22nd 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 22, 12:28*pm, Susan Walker
wrote:
Bret wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:14 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:02:52 -0400, MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her
****ed-up husband.
Dude was way way fast.

Watching him ride away solo in the last 1K of a TDF stage is one of
the coolest things I've seen in the sport.

That was more Jelle Nijdam's specialty, wasn't it? Did Van Poppel do 1k
flyers?

Dumbass -

No.

Van Poppel had a tremendous 5 second acceleration. There was no sense
in him trying Nijdam's strategy. A guy like that waits till the end.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 22nd 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message ...
[...]

Really ripping the vitriol acid touch today, hey. Well true, those are not big dreams but you got to start somewhere. Even taking a big team like Tibco to Europe with all those top women will certainly be a challenge next year, but personally I think Vanderkittens would look cool racing in Europe. I think the Euro crowds would get a kick out of the kittens too!

I've met five of the kittens, but Hatch is certainly the most violent I have witnessed in the crits. She rips at the front, but in Europe, I don't think the Kittens would fare as well as Tibco. On the Hubbies, Oenone Wood quit cause I heard after her Hubby wasn't allowed to travel and be at her side as a mentor as part of the team, she decided to hang it up. This is grape vine and unqualified info, but yeah, lots of women would like their hubbies there I guess, but it seems to rub against the grain sometimes with team management.

Yes, there is fair amount of nepotism, or back rubbing going on out there, but is this anything new? There are a few teams that are first rate and well run, even the websites of those teams. While High Road Colombia and Tibco are top women teams in America, the dynamics of their websites are stark contrast, but High Road benefit from the men's side of that site, which the other doesn't. That's one of the cooler sites I have seen for teams.

Old March 22nd 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Coaching and ****ing the same person = teh evil. I mean, if you're
coaching some performance vector other than the ****ing.