Taxi Mass blocks streets in London!

Old November 10th 11, 05:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

Default Taxi Mass blocks streets in London!

Taxi drivers have the barefaced cheek to criticise Critical Mass for holding
them up and then they do the same to other road users! Taxi's sometime go as
far as ramming CM cyclists too!

"Taxi drivers have been holding a 'mass drive-in' in Trafalgar Square to
protest over licencing rules.

Following the student protest earlier - see our live blog for exactly what
happened - the cabbies have taken over the London landmark to try and get
their message heard.

The United Cabbies Group has organised the demonstration over claims minicab
firms can get private hire licenses too easily - putting Londoners' safety
at risk and theatening their trade..."

http://www.lbc.co.uk/taxi-driver-pro...r-square-47182

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole cheats”, said a taxi
driver.
Old November 10th 11, 05:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

On 10-Nov-2011, "Doug" wrote:

The United Cabbies Group has organised the demonstration over claims
minicab
firms can get private hire licenses too easily - putting Londoners' safety
at risk and theatening their trade..."

http://www.lbc.co.uk/taxi-driver-pro...r-square-47182

There is this also...

"Parts of central London were gridlocked this afternoon as thousands of
black cabs showed up in support of a protest organised by the taxi union,
United Cabbies Group.

At the centre of the protest was Trafalgar Square where from 4pm around 800
taxis descended upon the area in support of the demonstration against
minicab touting which the UCG argues puts women at risk..."

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/n...ll/993.article

-- .

Old November 10th 11, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Doug wrote:

Taxi drivers have the barefaced cheek to criticise Critical Mass for
holding them up and then they do the same to other road users! Taxi's
sometime go as far as ramming CM cyclists too!

So?

You constantly criticise every road user other than cyclists at every
opportunity, then do exactly what it is you complain about!

You're a Hypocritical ****wit.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Old November 10th 11, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
Taxi drivers have the barefaced cheek to criticise Critical Mass for
holding them up and then they do the same to other road users! Taxi's
sometime go as far as ramming CM cyclists too!

"Taxi drivers have been holding a 'mass drive-in' in Trafalgar Square
to protest over licencing rules.

Following the student protest earlier - see our live blog for exactly
what happened - the cabbies have taken over the London landmark to
try and get their message heard.

The United Cabbies Group has organised the demonstration over claims
minicab firms can get private hire licenses too easily - putting
Londoners' safety at risk and theatening their trade..."

http://www.lbc.co.uk/taxi-driver-pro...r-square-47182

Are they exercising their democratic right to protest. ?
Perhaps if they started digging up bodies and releasing dangerous animals
and wrecking homes you would be happier?

Old November 10th 11, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 10/11/2011 08:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

Or hijacking peaceful protests.

Old November 11th 11, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

On 10-Nov-2011, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

Doug wrote:
Taxi drivers have the barefaced cheek to criticise Critical Mass for
holding them up and then they do the same to other road users! Taxi's
sometime go as far as ramming CM cyclists too!

"Taxi drivers have been holding a 'mass drive-in' in Trafalgar Square
to protest over licencing rules.

Following the student protest earlier - see our live blog for exactly
what happened - the cabbies have taken over the London landmark to
try and get their message heard.

The United Cabbies Group has organised the demonstration over claims
minicab firms can get private hire licenses too easily - putting
Londoners' safety at risk and theatening their trade..."

http://www.lbc.co.uk/taxi-driver-pro...r-square-47182

Are they exercising their democratic right to protest. ?

A bunch of hypocrites more like, who moan about being held up by a bunch of
cyclists and then they go an hold up other road users. So, what about the
democratic right of CM then not to be rammed by impatient taxi drivers?

Perhaps if they started digging up bodies and releasing dangerous animals
and wrecking homes you would be happier?

I'd be interested to know if the Taxi Mass had prior police permission as
their procession was not 'customarily held', as is CM.

Doug.
Old November 28th 11, 06:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Nov 25, 6:49*pm, Mark Williams ] wrote:
"Doug" writes:
Are they exercising their democratic right to protest. ?

A bunch of hypocrites more like, who moan about being held up by a
bunch of cyclists and then they go an hold up other road users.

While corking, I have often asked them about this. *At that point they
almost always become even more ashen-faced than normal and refuse to
continue debating the merits of the Mass. *It's hard to interpret that
as anything other than an admission of hypocrisy.

I'd be interested to know if the Taxi Mass had prior police permission
as their procession was not 'customarily held', as is CM.

A non-customary procession would only have to give `notice' (POA 1986).
`Permission' is demanded for a demonstration (SOCPA 2005). *It sounds
like they were doing both, and also had `organisers' (attracting greater
penalties), unlike CM.

It doesn't sound like much of a Taxi Mass if they are just circling one
roundabout for a couple of hours and then going home, though.
Fortunately, this would only impede motor vehicles. *Cyclists can just
filter past, as usual.

Circling a roundabout can cause a massive holdup and the bulk of CM
usually doesn't last much longer than two hours and they only circle
roundabouts for not more than a few minutes at a time. Clearly then
the taxi drivers are a bunch of blazing hypocrites who don't care
about themselves holding up traffic but seriously object when they are
held up, to the point of deliberately ramming cyclists out of their
way.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
All public road users are equal but some are more equal than others.