BiGHA Comments

Old November 10th 03, 02:19 PM
Lawrence Turner

Default BiGHA Comments

OK, Skip and Lorenzo, let's take it a step further. How do you know
it was really a Bigha and not some knock-off that was listed on eBay?

How do you know the sky is blue?

Can you be any more hard-headed?

P.S. it was not listed under bikes!

"skip" wrote in message ...
"Lawrence Turner" wrote in message
m...
Skip, the headline indeed read "recreational bike", but it was listed
as a Go Kart. One would not find the item if they searched for the
word "bike." I don't know how someone would have found the item
unless they searched for Bigha or looked at the Wired Auction's items.

You are correct. The BiGHA was listed under the broad catagory of Sports,
Sports Equipment, Go Carts, Recreational. But the specific listing was
"Bigha Recreational Bike" It is not true that a search under "bike" would
not turn up this listing. It would, but you would have to sort through a
lot of bike listings to find the BiGHA. Of course the proper search word
is BiGHA. I used it and it turned up this listing within seconds.

I think we should commend Bigha for donating to charity rather than
try to infer something from the price or what it was listed as.

It seems to me you are the one trying to make inferences. In my post I
stated the auction price without comment. You also state BiGHA donated the
bike to charity. Do you know this for sure or is this an inference on your
part?

skip

Old November 10th 03, 06:52 PM
skip

Lawrence you are wearing me out man. If I concede you've been right about
everything would you be willing to let this go?

skip

Old November 10th 03, 07:32 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Ian wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love must be edykated coz e writed:

Did you not understand the questions? Did you pay the full retail
$3000.00 price? Why did you decide to spend that much when there are
other much cheaper bikes that are in the same class? In what way is this
bike superior to similar but much less expensive bikes? In what way is
this bike the equal to similarly priced but much higher performance bikes?

You do not even understand the questions you ask!

Why are you afraid to answer these simple questions? What are you trying
to hide? Do you even have a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about
other people."
Virginia Woolf (1882-1941).

Old November 10th 03, 10:43 PM
Ian

Ian wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love must be edykated coz e writed:

Did you not understand the questions? Did you pay the full retail
$3000.00 price? Why did you decide to spend that much when there are
other much cheaper bikes that are in the same class? In what way is this
bike superior to similar but much less expensive bikes? In what way is
this bike the equal to similarly priced but much higher performance bikes?

You do not even understand the questions you ask!

Why are you afraid to answer these simple questions? What are you trying
to hide? Do you even have a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about
other people."
Virginia Woolf (1882-1941).

Of course I don't have a BiGHA, and I have never claimed to have one, are
you stupid? Why do you hate BiGHA? Did you lose money when BikeE went under,
answer the questions boy.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old November 11th 03, 12:09 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Ian wrote:

[...]

So why did you imply that you did have one in this post?:
Ian wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love must be edykated coz e writed:

And still no answer...

Actually more than one person said yes, including me, but you used

selective
recognition to ignore those posts.

I guess some people just can't be trusted. Of course you don't have a
Bigha, who with any real recumbent experiences would pay $3000.00 for a
slow heavy comfort bike?

I didn't lose any money when many of the same people who now run Bigha
drove BikeE into the ground and lied right here in this newsgroup about
what was happening. But many of their suppliers and dealers did lose
significant amounts of money. Maybe that's why they aren't selling
Bighas though dealers, no dealer will trust them.

Why do you think that I hate Bigha? It looks like it might be a nice
$1500 bike. I just wonder who would pay twice that much for one.
Obviously not you, so why do you love them so much?

Old November 11th 03, 09:23 AM
Ian

Lorenzo L. Love must be edykated coz e writed:

So why did you imply that you did have one in this post?:
Ian wrote:

I have never implied that I have one, you are so blinkered on your little
crusade to the point of being irrational.

I guess some people just can't be trusted.

You see one of those people in the mirror every morning.

Of course you don't have a
Bigha, who with any real recumbent experiences would pay $3000.00 for a
slow heavy comfort bike?

I didn't lose any money when many of the same people who now run Bigha
drove BikeE into the ground and lied right here in this newsgroup about
what was happening. But many of their suppliers and dealers did lose
significant amounts of money. Maybe that's why they aren't selling
Bighas though dealers, no dealer will trust them.

Why do you think that I hate Bigha? It looks like it might be a nice
$1500 bike. I just wonder who would pay twice that much for one.
Obviously not you, so why do you love them so much?

In a flat area weight is not an issue, if I wanted a city bike and actually
had a left knee that allowed me to ride a two wheeler then I would happily
spend $3000 on one, it has a lot of nice features and actually looks like it
has been designed, unlike most recumbents that have more than a hint of
being home built about them.

--
Ian

Old November 11th 03, 10:02 AM
Eduardo L P Jr

"Ian" escreveu na mensagem
................. it has a lot of nice features and actually looks like it
has been designed, unlike most recumbents that have more than a hint of
being home built about them.

--
Ian

What is wrong with homebuilts? The best solutions found in almost all
recumbents today was born in homebuilts...

All the best

Eduardo

---

Old November 11th 03, 10:05 AM
Ian

Eduardo L P Jr must be edykated coz e writed:

"Ian" escreveu na mensagem
................ it has a lot of nice features and actually looks like it
has been designed, unlike most recumbents that have more than a hint of
being home built about them.

--
Ian

What is wrong with homebuilts? The best solutions found in almost all
recumbents today was born in homebuilts...

All the best

Eduardo

I'm in sock puppet hell!

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old November 11th 03, 10:12 AM
Eduardo L P Jr

"Ian" escreveu na mensagem
Eduardo L P Jr must be edykated coz e writed:

I'm in sock puppet hell!

--
Ian

Of course you aren't... I just want to know what you think is wrong with
homebuilts. I've just made a question. If you don't want to answer, is your
right, but "sock puppet" isn't an apropriate term... I don't want to crucify
you. I'm attempting to be kind, but you appear to be irate. Don't worry...
Be happy!

cheers

Eduardo

---

Old November 11th 03, 11:06 AM
Ian

Eduardo L P Jr must be edykated coz e writed:

"Ian" escreveu na mensagem
Eduardo L P Jr must be edykated coz e writed:

I'm in sock puppet hell!

--
Ian

Of course you aren't... I just want to know what you think is wrong with
homebuilts. I've just made a question. If you don't want to answer, is your
right, but "sock puppet" isn't an apropriate term... I don't want to crucify
you. I'm attempting to be kind, but you appear to be irate. Don't worry...
Be happy!

There is nothing wrong with home builts, some of the best machines around
started as home builts, but conversely it is refreshing to see a recumbent
displaying such a together approach as the BiGHA, it sends messages out to
the non bent world that these machines are not backyard specials.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

new Bigha web site... Ernest General 11 November 30th 03 01:41 PM
BiGHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 1 September 28th 03 08:03 AM
BigHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 2 September 28th 03 01:50 AM