My Impressions of the Sanya City Circuit Race [long]

Old October 31st 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Donald Munro

Default My Impressions of the Sanya City Circuit Race [long]

rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
Have I mentioned how much I appreciate your taxes paying my salary? Ooops,
look at the time! I have to go back to bed and sleep in late so I'll look
properly rumpled when I autopilot my lecture today.

Being in Paris that must be an Airbus autopilot.

Old October 31st 07, 08:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc

* Stu Fleming a écrit profondement:

| Richard (Dick) Bukacki,

maybe I get different results searching based on my location
in france currently but:

http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/pelotons/eq1968.php

http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/p...ki_richard.php

memoire-du-cyclisme.net is a good site to bookmark

--
There is a rising sentiment in America today, it is nationalism.

Americans are growing weary of seeing their sons die in wars to bring
democracy to people who do not seem all that appreciative. They are
tired of reading of factories going to China and jobs going to India,
while illegal aliens march in their cities under foreign flags to
demand their "civil rights." They are tired of reading about new
billionaires as their wages fail to rise to compensate for soaring gas
prices and the falling value of their homes.
Old October 31st 07, 08:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Donald Munro

Stu Fleming wrote:
Phonetic spelling doesn't help.
You need to search for "dick" and "bukkake". I think Ewoud can share the
results of his Google image search too.

Just an application of your old rbr speling theory.

Old November 9th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc

On Oct 30, 2:07 am, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:
Marian schreef:

As someone who lives in Sanya and who truly enjoys cycling as a sport

If you really do races because they're fun and to improve yourself, and
30.2 kph for 60 km was the fastest you ever went for the distance, and
you did not win, why did you get knickers in a twist over some prize
money and a 2nd place (loser's) trophy?!

BTW, I checked the ultra comprehensive "100 Years of road cyclists -
Dutch professional riders and their results" and no mention of a Jan
Kole, or Koole, Coole, Koelen or similar. Did he never leave the amateur
ranks despite his Giro and Vuelta exploits?

I did stumble upon the impressive palmares of Richard (Dick) Bukacki,
born 1946, professional 1968-1982, 4 full pages of results, 1 win each
for the 1st 2 years, several wins every year after that. A real sharp
shooter.

--
E. Dronkert

you know i think you have something wrong my dad raced in the 1980's
jan adriaan kole

sincerly Sander Kolw

Old November 9th 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Donald Munro

wrote:
you know i think you have something wrong my dad raced in the 1980's jan
adriaan kole

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Oh right, well in any case there is no-one by that name in the book,
purporting to hold all Dutch _professional_ road cyclists from 1895 to
1995 or thereabouts. Did your father have a contract as a professional
rider? If indeed he did, the book isn't complete after all...

Perhaps he wasn't registered/licensed in Holland ?

Old November 9th 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Ewoud Dronkert

Donald Munro wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Oh right, well in any case there is no-one by that name in the book,
purporting to hold all Dutch _professional_ road cyclists from 1895 to
1995 or thereabouts. Did your father have a contract as a professional
rider? If indeed he did, the book isn't complete after all...

Perhaps he wasn't registered/licensed in Holland ?

No, doesn't matter, the scope of the book is all pro riders of Dutch
nationality.

--
E. Dronkert
Old November 10th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Stu Fleming

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Donald Munro wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Oh right, well in any case there is no-one by that name in the book,
purporting to hold all Dutch _professional_ road cyclists from 1895 to
1995 or thereabouts. Did your father have a contract as a professional
rider? If indeed he did, the book isn't complete after all...

Perhaps he wasn't registered/licensed in Holland ?

No, doesn't matter, the scope of the book is all pro riders of Dutch
nationality.

Dutch sporting names are always very confusing.
There was an English soccer manager in the late 70s who tried to sign
Hertz Van Rental.

Sanya Race Marian Racing 2 October 13th 07 11:17 PM
Sea Otter Mens Pro Circuit Race -- video recap steephill Racing 0 April 12th 06 10:11 AM
Cabrach Circuit - long ride report David Martin UK 3 September 6th 05 10:17 AM
A Grand Day Out or A Circuit of the Applecross Peninsula (long, for me anyway) the.Mark UK 5 May 10th 05 08:21 PM
Sunday LAX Circuit race cat6 Racing 0 March 15th 05 08:14 PM