Koksijde cyclocross spectating

Old November 12th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Default Koksijde cyclocross spectating

I know this is totally off topic for a global warming
discussion newsgroup, but here goes.

I'm planning on being in Koksijde for the World Cup
race. Is there a protocol for cyclocross viewing similar
to road events i.e. is there a sign in area where you
can show up with your kid and score autographs and chat
up the couple of Americans that will be racing?

Do I need to be there well in advance, like Alpe d'Huez?

Must see the flyover? Avoid the flyover because of the
crowds? Will it be difficult to circulate around the
course during the Elite race.

Is this insane, should I watch it on TV?

Bob Schwartz
Old November 12th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I'm planning on being in Koksijde for the World Cup
race. Is there a protocol for cyclocross viewing ...

wear rubber boots ... drink too much beer ... don't be uncomfortable
****ing in public ...

Old November 12th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 12, 11:53 am, William Asher wrote:
wrote:
I'm planning on being in Koksijde for the World Cup
race. Is there a protocol for cyclocross viewing ...

wear rubber boots ... drink too much beer ... don't be uncomfortable
****ing in public ...

Are you sure you haven't gotten advice for shepherds mixed up with
cyclocross?

--
Bill Asher

Not in Belgium he hasn't.
In the Netherlands - wear orange and bring a tuba too.

rik

Old November 12th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Bob Schwartz schreef:
Do I need to be there well in advance, like Alpe d'Huez?

Well, a few hours in advance is early enough. And you will get to see
the U23 and/or the women.

Must see the flyover? Avoid the flyover because of the
crowds? Will it be difficult to circulate around the
course during the Elite race.

There will be busy and less busy stretches. See
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsUXwL_cl0M

--
E. Dronkert