Vos on the Track

Old November 25th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

Default Vos on the Track

Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss

Translation by fellow Dutchman...

She said that she had decided to train on the track to get stronger and
faster on the road. Her goal: a gold at the Olympics. No cyclingcross this
winter, because according to her the effect on her form is more negative
that positive - especially if you're trying to win. She also said that her
sponsor is two times a week hiring the track for her alone, so she can
become a little used to it. Eight months ago she trained on the track for
the first time and thought it very scary, even at 20 miles. Right now, she
is feeling more at ease. She hasn't particpated to a race yet, and according
to her it's not very realistic to think that in Beijing she might also win a
medal on the track. Next month she will run a race for the first time, and
then she will see.

GBMT

Old November 25th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss
|
| Translation by fellow Dutchman...
|
| She said that she had decided to train on the track to get stronger and
| faster on the road. Her goal: a gold at the Olympics. No cyclingcross this
| winter, because according to her the effect on her form is more negative
| that positive - especially if you're trying to win. She also said that her
| sponsor is two times a week hiring the track for her alone, so she can
| become a little used to it. Eight months ago she trained on the track for
| the first time and thought it very scary, even at 20 miles. Right now, she
| is feeling more at ease. She hasn't particpated to a race yet, and according
| to her it's not very realistic to think that in Beijing she might also win a
| medal on the track. Next month she will run a race for the first time, and
| then she will see.

Jeeperz, the track is no place for a nervous rider

I sure hope she makes out OK and doesn't cause any major problem for
the other riders

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old November 25th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:52:01 -0800, "GoneBeforeMyTime"
wrote:

Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss

I really like watching her ride. Look at that sprint and wild salute
at the end of the road worlds she won - she's a really dynamic
athlete, unlike so many cyclists whose body operate only in two
planes.
Old November 25th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Davey Crockett schreef:
Jeeperz, the track is no place for a nervous rider

Van Moorsel liked it well enough. (The individual pursuit...)

--
E. Dronkert
Old November 25th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
"GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss
|
| Translation by fellow Dutchman...
|
| She said that she had decided to train on the track to get stronger and
| faster on the road. Her goal: a gold at the Olympics. No cyclingcross
this
| winter, because according to her the effect on her form is more negative
| that positive - especially if you're trying to win. She also said that
her
| sponsor is two times a week hiring the track for her alone, so she can
| become a little used to it. Eight months ago she trained on the track
for
| the first time and thought it very scary, even at 20 miles. Right now,
she
| is feeling more at ease. She hasn't particpated to a race yet, and
according
| to her it's not very realistic to think that in Beijing she might also
win a
| medal on the track. Next month she will run a race for the first time,
and
| then she will see.

Jeeperz, the track is no place for a nervous rider

I sure hope she makes out OK and doesn't cause any major problem for
the other riders

I remember Van Moorsel was incredibly nervous on the track. When she took
2nd in the points race in the 2000 games, she said she was so scared of the
other riders behind her that she just went all out, which landed her 2nd. In
the Dutch special about Sydney games in 2000, she was riding on the track in
Holland in a practice session and also spoke about how incredibly fearful
she was of the track and wondered about what tires all the other riders were
using, and what effect that might have in training accidents and such.

In a recent interview with Emma Pooley, she admits she is poor descender but
also embarrassed that so many noticed that while she was a great climber, a
horrible descender.

In English...

Emma Pooley interview...

http://ciclismo.biciticino.ch/index....d=305#jumphere

GBMT

Old November 25th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

wrote:

Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss

I really like watching her ride. Look at that sprint and wild salute
at the end of the road worlds she won - she's a really dynamic
athlete, unlike so many cyclists whose body operate only in two
planes.

She's awesome! I remember in an interview on one of the blogs, Tina Pic was
asked what to do about Vos while racing in the Emakumeen Bira stage race in
Spain. Pic joked, we will just run her into a ditch, and that will be that,
and we will ride on!

GBMT

Old November 25th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Nov 25, 12:28 pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
"GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss
|
| Translation by fellow Dutchman...
|
| She said that she had decided to train on the track to get stronger and
| faster on the road. Her goal: a gold at the Olympics. No cyclingcross this
| winter, because according to her the effect on her form is more negative
| that positive - especially if you're trying to win. She also said that her
| sponsor is two times a week hiring the track for her alone, so she can
| become a little used to it. Eight months ago she trained on the track for
| the first time and thought it very scary, even at 20 miles. Right now, she
| is feeling more at ease. She hasn't particpated to a race yet, and according
| to her it's not very realistic to think that in Beijing she might also win a
| medal on the track. Next month she will run a race for the first time, and
| then she will see.

Jeeperz, the track is no place for a nervous rider

I sure hope she makes out OK and doesn't cause any major problem for
the other riders

--
Davey Crockett
-
Driving a Stake through the
Heart of the Politically Correct

Uh, Davey... I'm pretty sure if she can handle herself in the last km
of any road race ending in a sprint, she'll be just fine on the track.
Old November 25th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:28:28 +0100, Davey Crockett
wrote:

"GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss
|
| Translation by fellow Dutchman...
|
| She said that she had decided to train on the track to get stronger and
| faster on the road. Her goal: a gold at the Olympics. No cyclingcross this
| winter, because according to her the effect on her form is more negative
| that positive - especially if you're trying to win. She also said that her
| sponsor is two times a week hiring the track for her alone, so she can
| become a little used to it. Eight months ago she trained on the track for
| the first time and thought it very scary, even at 20 miles. Right now, she
| is feeling more at ease. She hasn't particpated to a race yet, and according
| to her it's not very realistic to think that in Beijing she might also win a
| medal on the track. Next month she will run a race for the first time, and
| then she will see.

Jeeperz, the track is no place for a nervous rider

I sure hope she makes out OK and doesn't cause any major problem for
the other riders

Acknowledging fear is an important part of riding safely. She looks
like a wizard on the road bike and very good at cross too - the track
skills will come soon enough.
Old November 26th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SH

All the more reason these women should get back in the kitchen and
make me a ****ing sandwich.

And get me a beer.

Oh, and iron my shirt while they're at it.

Old December 10th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

"GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Vos on the track, Vos speaks in Dutch...
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8mUGgNjss

Jeeperz, the track is no place for a nervous rider

I sure hope she makes out OK and doesn't cause
any major problem for
the other riders

She's causing some problems for the other riders - they can't get to
the line ahead of her!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ec07/dec09news

Daannnggg!