Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History'

Old November 10th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History'

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci...atest_scam.htm
--
Davey Crockett
Old November 10th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

wrote in message ...
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci...atest_scam.htm
--
Davey Crockett

An appeal to authority or argument by authority is a type of argument in
logic, consisting on basing the truth value of an assertion on the
authority, knowledge or position of the person asserting it. It is also
known as argument from authority, argumentum ad verecundiam (Latin: argument
to respect) or ipse dixit (Latin: he himself said it). It is one method of
obtaining propositional knowledge, but a fallacy in regard to logic, because
the validity of a claim does not follow from the credibility of the source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

--
JF

"A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
- Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

Old November 10th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Global Warming ŒGreatest Scam in History'

In article KPnZi.2213$ET.1724@trndny03,
Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

wrote:
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci...r_channel_foun
der_warming_is_greatest_scam.htm

I preferred "Piltdown Man".

I'm trying to understand how the guy who founded the Weather Channel is in any way
qualified to speak with any authority on climate.

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old November 10th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

wrote:
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci...atest_scam.htm

I preferred "Piltdown Man".

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old November 10th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil Holman

Default Global Warming â?~Greatest Scam in History'

"Jim Flom" wrote in message
wrote in message
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci...atest_scam.htm
--
Davey Crockett

An appeal to authority or argument by authority is a type of argument
in logic, consisting on basing the truth value of an assertion on the
authority, knowledge or position of the person asserting it. It is
also known as argument from authority, argumentum ad verecundiam
(Latin: argument to respect) or ipse dixit (Latin: he himself said
it). It is one method of obtaining propositional knowledge, but a
fallacy in regard to logic, because the validity of a claim does not
follow from the credibility of the source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

--
JF

To be fair, one has to look beyond the authority and at the facts that
led to his conclusion. That man's sensibilities are so finally tuned as
to record a reading of imminent disaster on the doomometer is a mere
spit in the ocean when considering the grand scale of the history of the
Earth.
Personally, it makes sense to conserve the Earth's resources and use
them as efficiently as possible but not to prevent a 1/2 degree
temperature rise (or some such) over the next century. That's just
didling in the noise.

Phil H

Old November 10th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Phil Holman" piholmanc@yourservice wrote...

To be fair, one has to look beyond the authority and at the facts that led
to his conclusion. That man's sensibilities are so finally tuned as to
record a reading of imminent disaster on the doomometer is a mere spit in
the ocean when considering the grand scale of the history of the Earth.
Personally, it makes sense to conserve the Earth's resources and use them
as efficiently as possible but not to prevent a 1/2 degree temperature
rise (or some such) over the next century. That's just didling in the
noise.

Global warming is the new helmet thread.

--
J "fifty is the new thirty" F

Old November 10th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , Kyle Legate

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci...r_channel_foun
der_warming_is_greatest_scam.htm

He doesn't cite any sources. I think I'll continue to believe those who do.

http://tbogg.blogspot.com/2007/11/bu...el-im-not.html

Old November 10th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Old November 10th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Jim Flom wrote:

Global warming is the new helmet thread.

Will people wear fewer helmets as the global temperature rises?
Old November 10th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Nov 10, 1:53 pm, Kyle Legate wrote:
wrote:
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sci..._weather_chann...

He doesn't cite any sources. I think I'll continue to believe those who do.

Dumbass -

As you state, it's pretty much a matter of belief.

The analogy I like to think of w/ regards to attempting to show
someone the science of Global Warming is sorta like Darwinism vs.
Creationism. In order to accept Evolution, one has to believe in the
scientific method. Well, not everyone does, not even some people who
believe in Global Warming or Evolution.

By the Scientific Method, it is very probable that Darwin was correct
and that Global Warming is significantly caused by man-made sources,
but in neither one of those cases is it completely proven. No theory
is ever absolutely proven, they are only disproved.

So what are we left with? Another abortion argument, except this one
will have more and more evidence to analyze as time goes on.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 212 November 16th 07 02:41 AM
Global Warming and RBR Experts Tom Kunich Racing 69 June 26th 07 04:55 PM
Cycling not related to global warming Simon Brooke UK 162 May 26th 07 09:17 AM
Global Warming Richard Bates UK 84 July 25th 04 11:58 PM