TdF posting protocol?

Old July 2nd 04, 11:24 PM
John Mallard

Default TdF posting protocol?

OK you peops with Eurosport.
Don't forget us lot that will be watching on ITV2
And indeed, those that will be taping the late night stuff from ITV1

Most years the agreement has been to give your post a subject line of
"Stage 3" ( for instance) so that those us that haven't watched stage 3 yet
will know not to read it yet..

Watch the thread as well.- You may need to change the subject line.
Last year I read a post with the subject " Stage 8" which told me the
result of stage ten! [1]

Only a suggestion mind. But it would be nice if people took care. I bet
most days there's going to be someone here who has to come home late and so
will video the transmission for later.

[1] I can't remember the actual stage numbers.

--
Cheerful Pedalling
John Mallard

Old July 3rd 04, 12:46 AM
Pete Biggs

John Mallard wrote:
OK you peops with Eurosport.
Don't forget us lot that will be watching on ITV2
And indeed, those that will be taping the late night stuff from ITV1

Most years the agreement has been to give your post a subject line of
"Stage 3" ( for instance) so that those us that haven't watched stage
3 yet will know not to read it yet..

Watch the thread as well.- You may need to change the subject line.
Last year I read a post with the subject " Stage 8" which told me
the result of stage ten! [1]

Only a suggestion mind. But it would be nice if people took care. I
bet most days there's going to be someone here who has to come home
late and so will video the transmission for later.

[1] I can't remember the actual stage numbers.

You can prefix the title with "Spoiler: ".

~PB

Old July 3rd 04, 01:14 AM
garryb59

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:24:00 +0100, "John Mallard" not_me@all wrote:

OK you peops with Eurosport.
Don't forget us lot that will be watching on ITV2
And indeed, those that will be taping the late night stuff from ITV1

Most years the agreement has been to give your post a subject line of
"Stage 3" ( for instance) so that those us that haven't watched stage 3 yet
will know not to read it yet..

Watch the thread as well.- You may need to change the subject line.
Last year I read a post with the subject " Stage 8" which told me the
result of stage ten! [1]

Only a suggestion mind. But it would be nice if people took care. I bet
most days there's going to be someone here who has to come home late and so
will video the transmission for later.

[1] I can't remember the actual stage numbers.

Make it easy on yourself......switch off your computer, enjoy your
leisure time with family and/or friends, go for a ride, have a beer
and watch TDF at your own pace.

I doubt you'll miss that much by not logging on.
No problem.

Garryb
Old July 3rd 04, 09:21 AM
Stan Cox

John Mallard wrote:

OK you peops with Eurosport.
Don't forget us lot that will be watching on ITV2
And indeed, those that will be taping the late night stuff from ITV1

Most years the agreement has been to give your post a subject line of
"Stage 3" ( for instance) so that those us that haven't watched stage 3 yet
will know not to read it yet..

Watch the thread as well.- You may need to change the subject line.
Last year I read a post with the subject " Stage 8" which told me the
result of stage ten! [1]

Only a suggestion mind. But it would be nice if people took care. I bet
most days there's going to be someone here who has to come home late and so
will video the transmission for later.

[1] I can't remember the actual stage numbers.

I will be switching to my July schedule & only checking this group in
the morning or after I have seen the days stage. Its the only way to be
sure of avoiding the result.

Stan Cox
Old July 3rd 04, 12:13 PM
MSeries

John Mallard wrote:
OK you peops with Eurosport.
Don't forget us lot that will be watching on ITV2
And indeed, those that will be taping the late night stuff from ITV1

Most years the agreement has been to give your post a subject line of
"Stage 3" ( for instance) so that those us that haven't watched stage
3 yet will know not to read it yet..

Watch the thread as well.- You may need to change the subject line.
Last year I read a post with the subject " Stage 8" which told me
the result of stage ten! [1]

Only a suggestion mind. But it would be nice if people took care. I
bet most days there's going to be someone here who has to come home
late and so will video the transmission for later.

[1] I can't remember the actual stage numbers.

Maybe you should discuss the Tour in rec.bicycles.racing

Old July 3rd 04, 01:25 PM
Jan

MSeries wrote:
John Mallard wrote:
OK you peops with Eurosport.
Don't forget us lot that will be watching on ITV2
And indeed, those that will be taping the late night stuff from ITV1

Most years the agreement has been to give your post a subject line of
"Stage 3" ( for instance) so that those us that haven't watched stage
3 yet will know not to read it yet..

Watch the thread as well.- You may need to change the subject line.
Last year I read a post with the subject " Stage 8" which told me
the result of stage ten! [1]

Only a suggestion mind. But it would be nice if people took care. I
bet most days there's going to be someone here who has to come home
late and so will video the transmission for later.

[1] I can't remember the actual stage numbers.

Maybe you should discuss the Tour in rec.bicycles.racing

You are joking,----- aren't you? :-)

Jan