bike shop near Concord Mass.

Old April 1st 05, 10:42 PM
pam_in_sc

Default bike shop near Concord Mass.

Does anyone know of a bike shop near Concord Mass. that sells used
bikes? I'm going to visit family there later this month, and then will
be in Massachusetts again at a family house in Cape Cod for two weeks in
June. There are bikes there, but only three-speeds. I really want to
be able to bike more seriously, and might even try to get up there in
June in time for the Hyannis triathlon. But I'm not fast and I'm not
serious enough to take my bike with me on the plane. I visit every year
and could store a bike there.

I think I would be looking for a road bike with shifters on the
downtube, 10 or 12 speeds would be fine, an older bike of low-moderate
quality but after the change to 700 wheels so I don't have to track down
hard to find parts. I ride an Orbea with Campy brifters, but years ago
I used to ride with downtube shifters so I figure I could manage well
enough that way and a bike of that type would be much cheaper.

I'm 5 ft 6 in. tall and my bike is set up at 26 1/2 inches from the
middle of the crank to the top of the saddle where it widens, 23 1/2
inches from the middle of the seatpost to the middle of the handlebar
where it meets the stem.

Pam

Old April 2nd 05, 12:01 AM

Pam,

I work in Concord- there are a few places nearby- like the Bicycle
Exchange in Cambridge right near Porter Sq in particular that sell used
bicycles. You could also do well off craigslist where there are plenty
of bikes everyday for pretty cheap.

If neither of these pan out you can email me as I have a 49cm Bianchi
Axis I use in the winter you could borrow. It has fenders, 700x35 tires
and other unstylish equipment but it works great and should fit you
well.

Assume you know about the CRW club which has lots of rides in the areas
including Thur and Friday night leaving from the Hanscom airport.

Justin

Old April 2nd 05, 01:10 AM

Wheelworks in Belmont has used bikes as well as rentals. Might want to
give them a call, too.

PH

Old April 2nd 05, 01:10 AM

Old April 2nd 05, 08:03 AM
Gary Smiley

Bikeway Source, located at the end of the Minuteman Bikeway in nearby
Bedford, sells new and used bikes and rents bikes as well.
Their url is: http://www.bikewaysource.com/ - Good luck!

"pam_in_sc" wrote in message
[...]

Spoke Over-Tension and Drifting Wheel Alignment mCrux Techniques 6 August 25th 04 04:29 PM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
Ordering a Trek 5200 Jason Spaceman Techniques 106 September 26th 03 10:42 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM