Road rage incident near Haverhill sparks police hunt for cyclist

Old July 12th 20, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Road rage incident near Haverhill sparks police hunt for cyclist

On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 01:14:20 GMT, JNugent
wrote:
[]
So you were one of the obstructive fairy-cycle riders, were you?

Is this your new insult-of-choice; given up on the "fully qualified
cyclist" mantra?

Are you (and maybe more to the point, certain others) going to take the
same huff about terms such as "cagers", "moronists", etc?

If you were to do that, we could start getting somewhere, couldn't we?

In the meantime, there is nothing remotely insulting in pointing out
that someone who is too dangerous, too stupid or too lacking in skills
(singly or in any combination) to have a driving licence is still fully
qualified to ride a bike.

Perhaps that should not be the legal situation.

But it is.
Old July 12th 20, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:15:03 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
billymansell replied to AidanR | 143 posts | 19 hours ago
4 likes

Firstly, not all drivers who honk their horn are being impatient.

True but we don't know whether that relates here as we've only heard one side.

But none of that justifies forcing the driver to stop the car and then hitting it hard enough to leave a dent.

Again we've only heard one side. Maybe the cyclist felt threatened by an impatient driver who used his horn aggressively and feared he would use his car as a weapon.

Yes, nobody was hurt, but how did the driver and his wife know that it would stop there?

Maybe, just maybe, the driver shouldn't have started a confrontation, intentionally or otherwise. Again we don't know the full events without hearing the other side.

How would you feel if it happened to your parents or grandparents?

Please, not a strawman.
Old July 12th 20, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 13:30:43 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 01:14:20 GMT, JNugent
wrote:
[]
So you were one of the obstructive fairy-cycle riders, were you?

Is this your new insult-of-choice; given up on the "fully qualified
cyclist" mantra?

Are you (and maybe more to the point, certain others) going to take the
same huff about terms such as "cagers", "moronists", etc?

If you were to do that, we could start getting somewhere, couldn't we?

I don't have any faith that you can set aside your blinkers, sadly.

In the meantime, there is nothing remotely insulting in pointing out
that someone who is too dangerous, too stupid or too lacking in skills
(singly or in any combination) to have a driving licence is still fully
qualified to ride a bike.

Ah, here we go again.

Perhaps that should not be the legal situation.

But it is.

I hear you say it's all about Legalities not about Safety.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old July 13th 20, 03:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 12/07/2020 21:09, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[]
So you were one of the obstructive fairy-cycle riders, were you?

Is this your new insult-of-choice; given up on the "fully qualified
cyclist" mantra?

Are you (and maybe more to the point, certain others) going to take the
same huff about terms such as "cagers", "moronists", etc?
If you were to do that, we could start getting somewhere, couldn't we?

I don't have any faith that you can set aside your blinkers, sadly.

You don't want to give up the insults. OK.

In the meantime, there is nothing remotely insulting in pointing out
that someone who is too dangerous, too stupid or too lacking in skills
(singly or in any combination) to have a driving licence is still fully
qualified to ride a bike.

Ah, here we go again.

Which bit of it was the slightest bit inaccurate?

Perhaps that should not be the legal situation.
But it is.

I hear you say it's all about Legalities not about Safety.

Then let me expand it a little in order to accommodate your reasonable
concern.

Someone who is too anti-social (even sociopathic) and far too prone to
causing danger on the roads to be trusted with a driving licence is
nevertheless deemed safe enough to be a cyclist.
Old July 13th 20, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

JNugent wrote:
On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[]
So you were one of the obstructive fairy-cycle riders, were you?

Is this your new insult-of-choice; given up on the "fully qualified
cyclist" mantra?

Are you (and maybe more to the point, certain others) going to take

the
same huff about terms such as "cagers", "moronists", etc?
If you were to do that, we could start getting somewhere, couldn't

we?

I don't have any faith that you can set aside your blinkers, sadly.

You don't want to give up the insults. OK.

Eh? If you think that's an insult you must be everso sensitive.

In the meantime, there is nothing remotely insulting in pointing out
that someone who is too dangerous, too stupid or too lacking in

skills
(singly or in any combination) to have a driving licence is still

fully
qualified to ride a bike.

Ah, here we go again.

Which bit of it was the slightest bit inaccurate?

Perhaps that should not be the legal situation.
But it is.

I hear you say it's all about Legalities not about Safety.

Then let me expand it a little in order to accommodate your reasonable
concern.

Someone who is too anti-social (even sociopathic) and far too prone to
causing danger on the roads to be trusted with a driving licence is
nevertheless deemed safe enough to be a cyclist.

I'm sure you're trolling, but have you never heard of momentum? These
large metal boxes that you seem so keen to promote can cause serious
injury and death if not used properly - society handles this by requiring
various standards [of manufacture, maintenence and care when driving] to
be met; the danger from a cycle is much, much less.

Got it?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old July 13th 20, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 10:50 11 Jul 2020, Simon Mason said:

QUOTE: Police are on the hunt for a cyclist after an incident on a
country road which left a driver with a damaged rear door on his car.

Cambridgeshire police says it is investigating a report of 'public order
and criminal damage' that took place near West Wratting on June 8.

The 70-year-old driver of the car, who lives in Linton but does not wish
to be named, said the incident on the B1052 where it enters West
Wratting left his wife 'extremely stressed', adding that the attacker
'needs to be caught'.

Describing the incident, a statement from Cambridgeshire police said:
“It was reported that the victim, a man in his 70s, was driving along
the B1052 when he approached a group of cyclists and sounded his horn to
alert them that he was close by and about to overtake.(BAD MOVE -SM)

“At this point, it's reported one cyclist pulled out into the road and
stopped, bringing the driver to a halt.

“The cyclist then lifted his bike and began shouting verbal abuse
towards the driver.

“As the victim attempted to drive off, damage was caused to the vehicle
causing a dent to one of the rear passenger doors.

“The suspect has then got back on his bike and continued riding in the
direction of West Wratting.

“No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.”

The victim said the incident left a 'significant dent' in a rear door
panel of his car's passenger door – which he estimates will cost £300 to
£400 to repair – and happened when he and his wife were taking their
first drive out for months. They had both been shielding because of
Covid-19.

He added: “The damage to my wife is inestimable. She is actually
terrified of me actually talking to anyone about this. She has been
destroyed by this.

“She was really distressed.

“I think from the public's perspective he needs to be caught. Can you
imagine that someone can stop a car in the middle of the road and use
his bike to bang the side of the car and then get off scot-free. I don't
think that is reasonable.”

https://www.haverhillecho.co.uk/news...cyclist-after-
report-of-road-rage-incident-9115903/

A disgraceful incident. Some cyclists can't restrain their violent hatred
of motorists. They should attend unconscious bias training.
Old July 14th 20, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

JNugent wrote:
On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[]
[...]

What has any of it got to do with the fact that arrogant, dangerous,
sociopathic, unlicensed scofflaw chavs are not allowed (by law) to drive
or ride a motor vehicle but are fully qualified to ride bikes?

As we unfortunately see in news reported today, bikes too can cause
serious injury and death if not used properly. Even more unfortunately,
those injuries, serious and/or fatal, are often caused to innocent
pedestrians, usually with the culprit either scarpering into the sunset
(and pretending that they don't know that the police have asked them to
come forward) or hanging around to blame the victim.
Old July 14th 20, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

JNugent wrote:
On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[]
[...]

None of it, obviously.
Old July 14th 20, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

JNugent wrote:
On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
JNugent wrote:

[]

So you were one of the obstructive fairy-cycle riders, were you?

Is this your new insult-of-choice; given up on the "fully qualified
cyclist" mantra?

Are you (and maybe more to the point, certain others) going to take
the same huff about terms such as "cagers", "moronists", etc?
If you were to do that, we could start getting somewhere, couldn't
we?

I don't have any faith that you can set aside your blinkers, sadly.

You don't want to give up the insults. OK.

Eh? If you think that's an insult you must be everso sensitive.

You miss the point by some distance. I was referring to the sulytured
insults ("cagers", "moronists", "car-promoters", etc), besides which
anything I have said has always been exeptionally mild.

You *could* have agreed that those terms are unacceptably childish and
unhelpful.

But you have chosen (so far) not to do so.

But I don't condemn you for that - perhaps it was a genuine
misunderstanding on your part.
Old July 14th 20, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

JNugent wrote:
On 12/07/2020 11:36, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
JNugent wrote:

[]

So you were one of the obstructive fairy-cycle riders, were you?

Is this your new insult-of-choice; given up on the "fully qualified
cyclist" mantra?

Are you (and maybe more to the point, certain others) going to take
the same huff about terms such as "cagers", "moronists", etc?
If you were to do that, we could start getting somewhere, couldn't
we?

I don't have any faith that you can set aside your blinkers, sadly.

You don't want to give up the insults. OK.

Eh? If you think that's an insult you must be everso sensitive.

You miss the point by some distance. I was referring to the sulytured
insults ("cagers", "moronists", "car-promoters", etc), besides which
anything I have said has always been exeptionally mild.

Sorry - that should (obviously) have read: "cultured".