Suspended Seats

Old February 7th 04, 07:27 PM
Tom Nicholson

Default Suspended Seats

So has anyone got them to work on a recumbent yet?

A quick bit of limited googling seemed to say that any decent amount
of suspension on seats (esp. on the rear seat struts/chainstays) makes
for lots of pogo.

These came from older posts on usenet from the 90's mostly. I suspect
however that with the advances in suspension mechanisms that seat
suspension may be possible for little weight penalty, as long as the
aim is ride comfort, and not greater contact of the wheels with the
ground and the inherant handling improvements...

Yup, I'm looking for a way to smooth the ride on a 20" SWB bike
without dropping my tyre pressure (yes I have a mesh seat, yes it's
put on with elastic - I want more comfort!!

I think perhaps some sort of elastomer suspension might be the go,
perhaps utilising the mechanisms from standard upright seat
suspension.

Tom

(Hopefully encouraging some vibrant discussion)
Old February 8th 04, 06:57 PM
Jack Davis

Tom,

Consider PanTour hubs....