Nice wildlife day

Old May 11th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JCrowe

Default Nice wildlife day

Hey Folks,

Here in the urban vastness surrounding Austin, TX, it's possible to
ride into pockets of serenity. Today, to go along with the buttloads of
whitetail deer that are common here, I saw my first roadrunner of the
year. A day to celebrate. Music - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts -
Brian Eno and David Byrne.
Old May 11th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
JCrowe writes:
Hey Folks,

Here in the urban vastness surrounding Austin, TX, it's possible to
ride into pockets of serenity. Today, to go along with the buttloads of
whitetail deer that are common here, I saw my first roadrunner of the
year. A day to celebrate.

There used to be this Lone Star beer commercial,
of an armadillo blithely waddling across a highway
in the summer heat, as the doppler effects of an
approaching semi approaches, blasting the notes of
Surfing Bird (by Sam the Sham and the Pharaoes.)

The semi was full of Lone Star beer. I guess the
armadillo was full of ... I dunno ... bugs, 'n other
disgusting stuff that gets revealed when critters
get squashed on the highway pavement.

Here in Vancouver we have feral/released/escaped
bunnies. We also have coyoots.

Music - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts -
Brian Eno and David Byrne.

That's a brilliant combination; I like it.
Eno needs people to settle him down just
enough.

Lately I'm into the (UK) Chamelions.
They're not too unlike Wishbone Ash,
and scarily similar to later incarnations
of The Beatles, but applicable to now.

And I for some reason I can't get the
Jethro Tull song: Nothing To Say, outa
my head. I guess it has to do with
stuff going on at work.

Climb a tower of freedom.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Wildlife Nick Kew UK 4 August 1st 07 09:13 AM
Wildlife on NCN-11 Mike Causer UK 1 May 23rd 06 10:44 AM
lot's o wildlife aspenmike Unicycling 9 November 9th 04 09:22 AM
The wildlife dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 26 July 26th 04 04:16 PM
[OT] CONservation hooligans at work, RSPB, WT, WWT, SNH slaughtering wildlife by the million while claiming to protect wildlife. Mark Thompson UK 2 February 22nd 04 06:59 PM