How to get speeding drivers to slow down.

Old May 11th 09, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn

Default How to get speeding drivers to slow down.

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...

"spindrift" wrote in message
A Safespeed supporter who recklessly and illegally overtakes and then
threatens a lone female, class!

It puzzles me as to why there are so many pro motoring lobbyists on a
cycling NG; surely they have more than enough forums of their own.

Although I travel mostly by car or train I use a bicycle most Sunday
afternoons and you would probably laugh if you saw my bike. I'm the kind of
cyclist who has a bell and reflectors fitted and obeys traffic signals and I
don't wear Lycra. I suppose that doesn't make me a real cyclist.

Old May 11th 09, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...

"Sir Jeremy" wrote in message
On 11 May, 10:45, "Simon Mason" wrote:
This works every time. A car coming towards you is obviously speeding
and
you, being a responsible law abiding citizen, wish it to slow down lest
it
kills someone down the road. All you do is point behind you and shout
"speed
trap", then watch as they slam on their brakes and stick to the limit.
Some
even thank you!

What the **** is it to do with you anyway?

Because I am a responsible law abiding citizen and like to do my bit for
road safety.

How do you know the oncoming car is speeding?

34 years of driving experience dear chap and the solid evidence of their
brake lights. If they are *NOT* speeding, why would they slam on the
brakes, eh?

So you're a driver? You evil man!

Old May 11th 09, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

"Sir Jeremy" wrote in message
[...]

So you're a driver? *You evil man!- Hide quoted text -

Mr Benn, there's no aniti-motorist sentiment here, most of us are
motorists after all!

If you feel that criticising BAD drivers is 'anti-motorist' then
there's not much I can do about it, but don't invent arguments that
haven't been made.
Old May 11th 09, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"spindrift" wrote in message
A Safespeed supporter who recklessly and illegally overtakes and then
threatens a lone female, class!

It puzzles me as to why there are so many pro motoring lobbyists on a
cycling NG; surely they have more than enough forums of their own.

Although I travel mostly by car or train I use a bicycle most Sunday
afternoons and you would probably laugh if you saw my bike. I'm the kind
of cyclist who has a bell and reflectors fitted and obeys traffic signals
and I don't wear Lycra. I suppose that doesn't make me a real cyclist.

Cyclists come in lots of guises. Hairy mountain bikers, lycra clad roadies,
shoppers with baskets, commuters with fold up bikes and so on.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old May 11th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn

"spindrift" wrote in message
A Safespeed supporter who recklessly and illegally overtakes and then
threatens a lone female, class!

It puzzles me as to why there are so many pro motoring lobbyists on a
cycling NG; surely they have more than enough forums of their own.

Although I travel mostly by car or train I use a bicycle most Sunday
afternoons and you would probably laugh if you saw my bike. I'm the kind
of cyclist who has a bell and reflectors fitted and obeys traffic signals
and I don't wear Lycra. I suppose that doesn't make me a real cyclist.

Cyclists come in lots of guises. Hairy mountain bikers, lycra clad
roadies, shoppers with baskets, commuters with fold up bikes and so on.

Can I qualify as one then? Please!

Old May 11th 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 11 May, 12:08, spindrift wrote:
A Safespeed supporter who recklessly and illegally overtakes and then
threatens a lone female, class!

Not at all- a safe overtake. She gave me the dickhead sign and I
wanted to ask what her problem was. Nothing threatening- she shouldn't
make rude gestures if she doesn't want to get involved
Old May 11th 09, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 11 May, 12:23, spindrift wrote:
On May 11, 12:18*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"spindrift" wrote in message

I don't mind them , call it the very public exposure of the kind of
mindset among the pro-speeding lobby. nuxxy and judith and the others
serve as a warning that the kind of people who demand the right to
drive as fast as they like are precisely the least suitable people to
whom this benefit ought be applied. Borderline sociopaths.

its the only chance you get-you're banned everywhere else
Old May 11th 09, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

spindrift wrote:
On May 11, 12:36 pm, "Mr Benn" %%%@%.%% wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

. uk...

"Sir Jeremy" wrote in message
On 11 May, 10:45, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
[...]

A definite "wwoooooosssssssh" there I think.

Old May 11th 09, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 11 May, 12:00, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"Sir Jeremy" wrote in message

[...]

Do you shout at cyclists jumping red lights or riding on the pavement?
or people let their dogs **** and don't poop-scoop?
That way lies madness. In a few years you'll be the one sitting on a
park bench with your can of Strong Brew howling at passers-by
Old May 11th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On May 11, 1:11*pm, Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 11 May, 12:08, spindrift wrote:

A Safespeed supporter who recklessly and illegally overtakes and then
threatens a lone female, class!

Not at all- a safe overtake. She gave me the dickhead sign and I
wanted to ask what her problem was. Nothing threatening- she shouldn't
make rude gestures if she doesn't want to get involved

You admitted you broke the law. You exceeded the speed limit. Did you
child and old person to see if they thought your erratic, aggressive
driving was 'safe'?

Thought not.

Just get out of bed earlier or leave more time for your journey, and
if you habitually get out of your car and approach women on their own
I look forward to you getting a tyre iron wrapped round your skull.

Speeding! Unicorn Unicycling 19 September 4th 08 03:14 PM
drivers speeding away nash General 68 February 15th 07 06:13 PM
Another speeding idiot Zog The Undeniable UK 23 January 3rd 05 07:25 PM
Too slow in Italy. How slow? DaveB Australia 2 February 28th 04 09:38 PM
speeding ticket salmoneous General 16 October 18th 03 02:19 AM