News from the Armstrong Family

Old September 6th 03, 05:26 PM
Claire Petersky

Default News from the Armstrong Family

"Slider2699" wrote in message om...
"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
s.com...
As a single man, and a Lance fan, this doesn't fill me with hope. If

Lance
can't keep a woman happy, with all he has to offer, then what chance on
Earth do I have? Kinda bummed that one of my heroes has to go through

this.

All he has to offer?
Remember, there tends to be a certain driven narcissism in someone who is

big star (in any field).
It helps to be driven and self-centered to get to the top.
Once he is on top, his ego tends to get a variety of stroking from people
who seek something from you.
At "work", everything revolves around him -- be it sports star, CEO, or
surgeon, for example.
At "home", particularly in a home with young children, things aren't quite
this way.

Flip it around. Would you REALLY rather be married to, say, Madonna, or
would you rather be married to someone with the stereotypical personality

of
a nurse, or a teacher?

I understand that, but Lance has always seemed to be a pretty decent person,
especially since his cancer.

After reading "It's not about the bike", I was struck how Lance
continues to hold pain about his father leaving the family. Also, his
former girlfriend and his wife both look remarkably like his mother. I
think he's got some unresolved issues about his parents.

Yes, he's got the drive to overcome cancer and win the TdF five times,
but that doesn't necessarily translate into being a happy person.
Every time I read about him weighing out every gram of food he eats or
him freaking out in an obsessive way about bits and pieces of my
bicycle -- while I know it's what he needs to do to win -- I'm sure
glad I'm not him. I'd also be sure glad not to be married to him.

I'd rather be married to my guy, who bikes 2400 miles a year, rather
than 24,000, and has a few love handles rather than 4% body fat.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky )
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
Old September 6th 03, 10:57 PM
Slider2699

"Pat" wrote in message
x-no-archive:yes

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:53:14 +0000, Preston Crawford wrote:

I seem to remember in his book he left someone who went through part

of
his cancer oddysey with him. Not very good at relationships,

apparantly.
Great cyclist. Heroic comeback, but not exactly faithful.

Why are you presuming that he was unfaithful? Relationships are

difficult
under the best of circumstances.

--

David L. Johnson

The paper reported that Lance had been having an affair with a 21-year old
woman.

So, that's why people assume he was unfaithful.

Which paper? Link, please...

Old September 7th 03, 02:21 AM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

The paper reported that Lance had been having an affair with a 21-year

old
woman.

So, that's why people assume he was unfaithful.

Which paper? Link, please...

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/...re/6707593.htm

Armstrongs separate

On a bicycle, as we all know, Lance Armstrong cannot be beaten. But in his
personal life he is subject to the same setbacks we all are. The five-time
Tour de France champion has separated from his wife, Kristin, and they are
trying to negotiate an amicable divorce. The couple, who have three young
children, had gone to Spain after his most recent Tour victory to attempt a
reconciliation, but returned to Texas early with their issues unresolved.
(According to several tabloids, Armstrong, 31, had been keeping company with
a 21-year-old coed from San Francisco.) This week, Armstrong told his
hometown newspaper, the Austin American-Statesman, "The craziest thing is,
we're closer now and better friends than ever before. We're truly committed
to maintaining a good relationship, but not a marriage." Pedaling is easy;
it's the dismount that's hard

Old September 7th 03, 03:07 AM
R.White

"Slider2699" wrote in message om...
snip

The man can beat cancer and win the Tour 5 times, but a
successful marriage escapes him. I think that says a lot.

It says that a lifetime commitment to another person is
not easy.
Old September 7th 03, 04:24 AM
Steve McDonald

Obviously, Armstrong still has a full amount of testosterone in his
system, despite his unfortunate surgery. Without this hormone affecting
his thinking, a man would realize just how ridiculous it is to try to
cohabitate with a woman. But, I guess that's Nature's plan to keep us
subjecting ourselves to a lifetime of such self-abuse.

Steve McDonald

Old September 7th 03, 05:04 AM
Garrison Hilliard

"Pat" wrote:
The paper reported that Lance had been having an affair with a 21-year old
woman.

Since Lance is a one-ball wonder whose dick doesn't work properly without drugs, I'd like to know what paper reported this.
Old September 7th 03, 05:34 AM
Slider2699

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote:
The paper reported that Lance had been having an affair with a 21-year

old
woman.

Since Lance is a one-ball wonder whose dick doesn't work properly without

drugs, I'd like to know what paper reported this.

Just having one testicle doesn't render one impotent. He's sterile, but that
doesn't mean the equipment doesn't work.

Old September 7th 03, 02:01 PM
cal

Your disrespectful drivel would be best kept to yourself. Your self
image and that quickly formed by people who overhear your rant is
vastly different.

Cal
Old September 7th 03, 02:47 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

So you're basing your accusation on what the TABLOIDS say? The same

tabloids
that see Bat Boy fighting Saddam, and Bigfoot impregnating women? The

Austin
paper didn't say Lance was cheating, they said tabloids reported it. Big
difference.

I knew you'd respond that way. Sure the tabloids say outrageous things, but
that doesn't mean that they can't report the truth, now does it? Face
it---you won't believe it unless it comes from Lance's mouth.

Pat in TX

Old September 7th 03, 08:31 PM
Slider2699

"Pat" wrote in message

x-no-archive:yes

So you're basing your accusation on what the TABLOIDS say? The same

tabloids
that see Bat Boy fighting Saddam, and Bigfoot impregnating women? The

Austin
paper didn't say Lance was cheating, they said tabloids reported it. Big
difference.

I knew you'd respond that way. Sure the tabloids say outrageous things,

but
that doesn't mean that they can't report the truth, now does it? Face
it---you won't believe it unless it comes from Lance's mouth.

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources. I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?