trek 1000 vs cannondale R400 Triple

Old September 5th 03, 07:00 PM
mark watkins

Default trek 1000 vs cannondale R400 Triple

How does the Cannondale R400 Triple compare to the Trek 1000 as an
entry level road bike? I'll be biking 10-20 miles per day on
moderately hilly territory for fun and exercise. I average about 15
MPH over the long haul now on my 15 year old Schwinn Le Tour.
Old September 5th 03, 10:21 PM

In article , mark
watkins wrote:

How does the Cannondale R400 Triple compare to the Trek 1000 as an
entry level road bike? I'll be biking 10-20 miles per day on
moderately hilly territory for fun and exercise. I average about 15
MPH over the long haul now on my 15 year old Schwinn Le Tour.

They're both good bikes by good companies. Cannondale has had some
financial problems lately (like a lot of companies) but those are
really from the bad idea of trying to build motorcycles. No one
seriously believes the Bicycle side in in trouble.

2-3 hours a day on hilly terrain? Choose the one that fits you better.
If you don't know how to work this out for yourself, first do some
reading here on the internet so you can converse in common terms and
then find a trustworth fitter. Not a "can you see the front hub?"
fitter but a measured your body and or put you on the serrota fit cycle
type fit. I'll cost 50-100 dollars but most shops will apply it to the
purchase price when you do in fact buy the cycle from them. If you
aren't sure who the good fitters in the area are. Head to the nearest
local bike store (LBS) even a bad one and find out who the local clubs
are. Go to ride start 20 minutes early and start asking if they know
who the good fitters are. Don't worry about friendliness. Almost NO
bike rider can resist showing away about how much they know.
Old September 12th 03, 06:49 PM
Bob M

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:21:15 GMT, wrote:

In article , mark
watkins wrote:

How does the Cannondale R400 Triple compare to the Trek 1000 as an
entry level road bike? I'll be biking 10-20 miles per day on
moderately hilly territory for fun and exercise. I average about 15
MPH over the long haul now on my 15 year old Schwinn Le Tour.

They're both good bikes by good companies. Cannondale has had some
financial problems lately (like a lot of companies) but those are
really from the bad idea of trying to build motorcycles. No one
seriously believes the Bicycle side in in trouble.

2-3 hours a day on hilly terrain? Choose the one that fits you better.
If you don't know how to work this out for yourself, first do some
reading here on the internet so you can converse in common terms and
then find a trustworth fitter. Not a "can you see the front hub?" fitter

I know this isn't the best method, but on both my Trek (15 years old) and
my LeMond (a few months old), this is exactly the position I have. Now,
the LeMond fits much better in the rear, so I find it strange that I can't
see the hub on either bike when I'm in the drops, but that's the way it is.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply