"New" WizWheelz

Old May 22nd 05, 02:49 PM
Ohio Jerry

Default "New" WizWheelz

Well folks, I did it.

After reading all the posts replying to my question about pedal steer,
I called someone who had a tadpole and asked him about his impressions
after having ridden it for a while. I also had the idea of wheedling a test
ride out of him. He said he liked it but hadn't used it much. In fact he was
thinking of selling it. So I tried it out and bought it the next day.

I think I got a real good deal:
Terra Trike 3.4
100 PSI tires
Rack, Lotsa lights, Mirrors, Air horn, Fairing, Doorbell (Bing-Bong !)
Computer
18 months old, 105 miles
$900

Pedal steer was no problem for me, but after putting about 15 miles on
it I thought "This thing is a @#$% dog! I didn't expect it to be real fast,
but this is ridiculous!" Anyway, the left disk brake started "singing". I
felt the disks and both were hot. The brakes were dragging all this time!
It was like riding uphill all the time. Adjusting them made a huge
difference.
Afterwards, it wasn't *too* hard getting up into the 20+ MPH range.

I also removed the fairing. It seemed to interfere with the "trike
experience".
It also made it kind of a challenge for an old fart like me to get in & out
of the
seat. I'm not that fast a rider anyway--somewhere close to Ed Dolan's 10-11
MPH
average--at least in an urban area.

Speaking of Mr. Dolan..You were right about multiple bents. Between my
wife and I we now have three of 'em.

Jerry

Old May 22nd 05, 06:20 PM
Edward Dolan

"Ohio Jerry" wrote in message
[...]

Jerry, you got a great deal on your TerraTrike. Some like the fairings and
some don't. I have mixed feelings about them myself.

It is hard for me to go 20 mph on my trikes, but I can go that fast on my
two wheelers, at least some of them. But unlike many others on this group, I
consider 15 mph to be fast. I think trikes are mainly for cruising around
town on safe roads. There is no downside to them if you have that attitude
about them.

I think your TerraTrike has a higher BB than mine. I have one of the early
versions, the one with the 26" rear wheel, above seat steering and the RANS
seat. I do prefer the lower BB which mine has. Let me know if you ever
experience any foot numbness due to the high BB. However, even your
TerraTrike has a lower BB than most other trikes currently being made.

I am embarrassed to tell others how many recumbent bikes I have. When asked,
I answer more than one and less than 15. The secret to having this many
recumbents lying around the house is not to have a wife and to have a fairly
large house. Otherwise, forget about it.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 22nd 05, 11:19 PM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I am embarrassed to tell others how many recumbent bikes I have. When

asked,
I answer more than one and less than 15. The secret to having this many
recumbents lying around the house is not to have a wife and to have a

fairly
large house. Otherwise, forget about it.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Now it's 15 eh? sure Ed

Old May 23rd 05, 03:27 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I am embarrassed to tell others how many recumbent bikes I have. When

asked,
I answer more than one and less than 15. The secret to having this many
recumbents lying around the house is not to have a wife and to have a

fairly
large house. Otherwise, forget about it.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Now it's 15 eh? sure Ed

Blessed are those who believe and have not seen. Nevertheless, one of these
fine days I am going to list all of my recumbents for the denizens of ARBR.
Only the old timers will recognized some of them as they were never popular.
Others are the most popular recumbents ever made which everyone will
recognize. Please note that I said LESS than 15. I will have to count them
myself to be sure exactly how many.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 23rd 05, 04:22 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

[...]

I can help you with that

The "Wizwheel" is actually a raty sofa
The "Rans" Is a bookshelf
The "Avatar" is a recliner...

Old May 23rd 05, 06:18 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news

[...]
Blessed are those who believe and have not seen. Nevertheless, one of

these
fine days I am going to list all of my recumbents for the denizens of

ARBR.
Only the old timers will recognized some of them as they were never

popular.
Others are the most popular recumbents ever made which everyone will
recognize. Please note that I said LESS than 15. I will have to count
them
myself to be sure exactly how many.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

I can help you with that

The "Wizwheel" is actually a raty sofa
The "Rans" Is a bookshelf
The "Avatar" is a recliner...

Oh ye of little faith! I can see that I will have to take a picture of each
and every one of my bikes. And then line them up for an all encompassing
picture. I will send you the pictures in an email as ARBR does not permit
pictures to be posted, except by means of a link to a website.

By the way, I just counted them and there are a total of 13 recumbents
littering the house. Anyone on this group got more than that?

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 23rd 05, 03:03 PM
nget

Edward Dolan Wrote:
"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

[...]

You got me by one Ed but only four are recumbents.I have 12 bikes with
five of them being electric uprights.I won't count the equinox trailer
that is in the garage.I would like to see your collection.Yes I do live
in a large old house with more rooms than I really need.My wife never
lets me forget that it's a chore to walk around these bikes.I promised
her last year that I was over the need to buy anymore bikes,then last
week I got an older Trice.

--
nget

Old May 23rd 05, 06:26 PM
HHS

"nget" wrote in message

You got me by one Ed but only four are recumbents.I have 12 bikes with
five of them being electric uprights.I won't count the equinox trailer
that is in the garage.I would like to see your collection.Yes I do live
in a large old house with more rooms than I really need.My wife never
lets me forget that it's a chore to walk around these bikes.I promised
her last year that I was over the need to buy anymore bikes,then last
week I got an older Trice.

--

If there is a restraining force within the house then one strategy might be
to convince her (almost always a her) that you are in the bike business part

Old May 23rd 05, 11:47 PM
Edward Dolan

"nget" wrote in message

Edward Dolan Wrote:

[...]
By the way, I just counted them and there are a total of 13 recumbents
littering the house. Anyone on this group got more than that?

You got me by one Ed but only four are recumbents.I have 12 bikes with
five of them being electric uprights.I won't count the equinox trailer
that is in the garage.I would like to see your collection.Yes I do live
in a large old house with more rooms than I really need.My wife never
lets me forget that it's a chore to walk around these bikes.I promised
her last year that I was over the need to buy anymore bikes,then last
week I got an older Trice.

nget

Well, if I counted my uprights and some of the other very odd bikes I have,
everyone would consider me insane. But there was good and sufficient reason
for every bike I ever got. The trouble is that once I acquire a bike I can
never see any reason for letting go of it. I am a bit of a pack rat that way
I guess.

Some of my recumbents I have gotten on the cheap, some others were used ones
that were practically given to me. My main problem is that I never met a
bike I didn't like. I wish I could say as much for people.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota