Flat tire repair.

Old August 9th 04, 12:29 AM
GEBUH

Default Flat tire repair.

I have a kickstand that attaches near the dropouts, I put the stand down and
lean my TE against something. That gives me plenty of room to remove the tire.
Since I have rear panniers this is easy- I don't have to remove them to get to
the wheel.
gebuh
Old August 9th 04, 09:26 PM
dipseair

One more tip.

"Torben Scheel" wrote:
Usually I just pump up the tube with 10-15 strokes and listen for air escaping (from the tube!) while rotating it near the good ear.

This will probably draw some interesting comments but here goes:

I find that some leaks don't make enough noise to hear so I always
rotate the tube with some air pressure near wet lips and have always
found the leak quickly.
Old August 13th 04, 06:51 AM
Child

"GEBUH" wrote in message
I have a kickstand that attaches near the dropouts, I put the stand down

and
lean my TE against something. That gives me plenty of room to remove the

tire.
Since I have rear panniers this is easy- I don't have to remove them to

get to
the wheel.
gebuh

BETH!!
How are you!?!?!?!

How are the kids?

Toured with them lately?

-Other Beth

Old August 19th 04, 03:39 PM
Torben Scheel

dipseair wrote:
One more tip.

"Torben Scheel" wrote:
Usually I just pump up the tube with 10-15 strokes and listen for
air escaping (from the tube!) while rotating it near the good
ear.

This will probably draw some interesting comments but here goes:

I find that some leaks don't make enough noise to hear so I always
rotate the tube with some air pressure near wet lips and have always
found the leak quickly.

Jup, and works in traffic too :-)

Regards,
Torben

When to change the tire Jose Capco Techniques 10 July 1st 04 08:15 PM
DIY Tire Removal 2 g.daniels Techniques 4 May 21st 04 05:25 PM
DIY Tire Remval 2 g.daniels Techniques 1 May 17th 04 10:26 PM
Flat Tire Repair Question from MB Newbie Sorni Mountain Biking 43 August 29th 03 01:14 PM
flat tire question The Causey Way Techniques 2 July 19th 03 05:41 PM