One can only wonder...

Old February 2nd 05, 02:07 PM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Since no one on this group gives a damn about what Ed Gin is doing, it
will be my pleasure to destroy this group as best I can. Then it will be
good riddance to the lot of us. Mr. Sherman will have to find another
group to be aloof in....

Through October 31, 2004, I was in 5th place overall for the year on
rec.bicycles.tech, a mere 5 posts behind Jobst Brandt. See
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech/msg/b1f29c9fa9dfe14f?dmode=source.

God help me if I ever end up on something as boring as rec.bicycles.tech.
But that is the perfect newsgroup for you as you are nothing if not a
techie. You should perhaps confine your Usenet activities to that group
since you are mostly just into nuts and bolts anyway. Why bore those of us
here on ARBR with your technical jargon which no one understands anyway.

Another group for you to consider would be a moderated forum like BROL.
There you could stay on topic and your technical advice would be appreciated
because you would be answering specific questions that were being asked.

As a result of Ed Gin, I have changed my mind about moderated boards. I am
now 100% in favor of them. Usenet groups are just for slumming as Ed Gin has
proven. But then you already knew this, didn't you. Maybe that is what you
are doing here too - just slumming with the rest of us. But you are a
slummer with a holier than thou attitude. Ed Gin is more honest than you. He
does not pretend to be anything but the jackass that he is.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 2nd 05, 04:30 PM
Freewheeling

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Freewheeling wrote:

Arne:

There's a division in the country, and it may be unrealistic to expect it
not to show up in a Usenet group like this. However, it seems to be
confined to certain threads that are clearly off topic. I'm open to
keeping it off entirely...

So why do you bring it up in this thread? Are you deliberately trying to
annoy those who disagree with you? If you think you will change someone's
opinion, you have a misconception of Usenet psychology. Just ask Mikey V
how many people he has turned against mountain biking. Give it a rest.

Well, I'm not in the uncomfortable position of having proscribed certain
"off topic" threads in general... so it would seem pretty natural to discuss
the content of those off topic threads. But thanks for providing the
perspective of the thought police.

, but suspect that the attempt would be like keeping slavery
out of the conversation in the 1860s. It'd work for awhile, but would
eventually begin to strike people as somewhat unnatural. As for
"bitter," I'm bitter that we now have totalitarian terrorism and that,
through people like Michael Moore, they've found a few cuts or skin
breaks to insinuate a bit of their infection into our culture... but
those are the same weaknesses that the pro-slavery folks exploited in
that earlier episode, and that the Nazis exploited in 1930s France.
We've got a flaw. Maybe it's partly me. Hopefully it's not a fatal one.

Anyway, this weekend was a big victory for the good guys....

[ Y Y AA W W W N N ]
[ Y Y A A W W W NN N ]
[ Y Y A A W W W W N N N ]
[ Y AAAAAAAA W W W W N N N ]
[ Y A A W W W W N NN ]
[ Y A A W W N N ]

Thanks. You define passive aggression, which were it not for the occasional
object lesson is sometimes a difficult concept to illustrate.

But strictly speaking no one asked you.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth