Trip Across Canada

Old August 10th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MatthewSonberg

Default Trip Across Canada

I am planing to do a Uni trip across Canada (6,344km) to raise money for
a charity called save the children. Kris Holm has agreed to do a
section of Canada with me and i was wondering if any other people wish
to help out.

My Email address is

Thank you,

Matthew Sonberg

--
MatthewSonberg
Old August 11th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eroick

Matthew, I'm sure that you could get a lot of Canadians interested in
this ride. However, we need to know more about what to plan to do. When
do you start? What is your time frame? What route are you taking?

I also have a charity event I want to plan, so we should talk about
that too. Feel free to give me an email, my address is below.

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick
Email/MSN:
Old August 11th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclist.ca

Dates? Routes?

--
unicyclist.ca

http://www.Unicyclist.ca
Old August 11th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flyer

Seriously, when? I've been seriously considering this for some time. I'm
with jordan above me. Dates? Routes?

--
flyer
Old August 11th 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr_charm

I used to work with STC. They are a truly amazing charity and I applaud
what you are doing!
If I wasn't so far away I'd join you for a bit, but alas, I can only
give you my moral support. Good on you Matthew!

--
mr_charm

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" 'William
Shakespeare' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
Old August 11th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
napalm

Doing a charity ride is a great way to meet people, see some cool stuff
and push yourself beyond what you though physically and mentally
possible. I rode 2000km here in Australia (canberra-melbourne-adelaide)
solo over 28 days to raise money for a kids charity in Afghanistan in my
last university holidays.

Organising a sucessful ride though takes a lot of time and patience.
How do you intend to fund your trip? if you are expecting donations to
cover it all you run the risk of individuals thinking they are funding
your holiday, and not the cause. My ride was self funded, but some
sponsorship from UDC australia and a camping store here in canberra
helped me get kitted out at cost price. That way people were assured
that any money they did donate does straight to the charity, not to my
hip pocket and eccentric adventure.

There is a lot of work in putting on something like this before you
even get on the unicycle to start riding. For me it was acutally a
relief to start riding after so much time invested in chasing down
leads that most of the time left me high and dry. Persistence is the
key to the planning as much as it is in the riding.
Best of luck- if you have any questions pm me
mark

--
napalm

you wont do it...your SCARED!
"We are all racing towards death. No matter how many great,
intellectual conclusionswe draw during our lives, we know they are only
man made, like God"
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/LAVISs-stuff
Old August 11th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

I too am eager to hear more specifics. I would like to do a small run in
the NC area to help some of the Masonic charities.

--
rem48
Old August 11th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I'm back in Canada in like 8 days, and I'd be down for joining onto
something part way through, how would you go about doing it? More info
would greatly help us and you.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old August 11th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

Yep, I would love to help out or ride a section with you. Need to know
the route though.

Matisyahu rocks.

--
lpounds

'Levi' (http://tinyurl.com/6l5fmr)
'Photos'
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/25192939@N06/)
'Unicycle' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7MiIYTE5Yo)
'Juggle'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-q-VOaDB7M&feature=related)
'EGG'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y-Zwr3-i4k&feature=related)
Old August 11th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
asthian

I'd be up for part of the Atlantic Region ride.
Sounds like fun.

--
asthian

There's always free cheddar in a mousetrap, baby, it's a deal.