Stationary object "does" kill! Driver given jail sentence and ban.

Old December 16th 15, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Stationary object "does" kill! Driver given jail sentence and ban.

Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 16/12/2015 16:40, John Smith wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
On 16/12/2015 14:54, colwyn wrote:

A farmer has been convicted of death by dangerous driving despite
not being in his tractor at the time of the fatal crash, in what
is believed to be the first case of its kind. David Woodcock, 38,
was held responsible for killing biker Alan Horrocks even though
his tractor was stationary. He had left his large agricultural
vehicle protruding onto a country lane, in Congleton, Cheshire,
while he went to feed his cattle in a field on September 10 last
year. The 68-year-old failed to spot the eight tonne Caseloader
and ploughed his Triumph motorbike into the side of it -

OT, try a motorcycle or farming newsgroup

**** off to a motoring newsgroup, you thick ****.

**** off to a moderated cycling newsgroup, you thick ****.

The ****** moderated group is dying, very few posts.
I suspect that the pro-cyclists may have wanked themselves to death or
undertaken a left turning lorry.

Old December 16th 15, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Notice to self appointed moderator!

On 16/12/2015 17:16, colwyn wrote:
On 16/12/2015 16:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 16/12/2015 15:41, colwyn wrote:
On 16/12/2015 15:38, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 16/12/2015 14:54, colwyn wrote:
A farmer has been convicted of death by dangerous driving despite not
being in his tractor at the time of the fatal crash, in what is
believed
to be the first case of its kind.
David Woodcock, 38, was held responsible for killing biker Alan
Horrocks
even though his tractor was stationary.
He had left his large agricultural vehicle protruding onto a country
lane, in Congleton, Cheshire, while he went to feed his cattle in a
field on September 10 last year.
The 68-year-old failed to spot the eight tonne Caseloader and ploughed
his Triumph motorbike into the side of it -

OT, try a motorcycle or farming newsgroup

Try Specsavers: "We would urge all road users to 'think bike' as even a
simple lack of judgement can prove fatal to a CYCLIST."

It is a story about a motorcycle and a tractor, no bicycles involved.

I shall post what I like , where I like and when I like!

Sounds like a typical self centred cyclist.
Old December 16th 15, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

[...]

But it could so easily have been a cyclist.

--
Bod
Old December 16th 15, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 16/12/2015 17:09, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 16/12/2015 15:51, Bod wrote:
On 16/12/2015 15:38, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 16/12/2015 14:54, colwyn wrote:
A farmer has been convicted of death by dangerous driving despite not
being in his tractor at the time of the fatal crash, in what is
believed
to be the first case of its kind.
David Woodcock, 38, was held responsible for killing biker Alan
Horrocks
even though his tractor was stationary.
He had left his large agricultural vehicle protruding onto a country
lane, in Congleton, Cheshire, while he went to feed his cattle in a
field on September 10 last year.
The 68-year-old failed to spot the eight tonne Caseloader and ploughed
his Triumph motorbike into the side of it -

OT, try a motorcycle or farming newsgroup

ANY driver or CYCLIST could've been the victim because of the farmer's
thoughtlessness. It pays to highlight these accidents. It might make
other drivers more aware of the dangers.

No doubt low flying aircraft, skateboarders, roller skaters should all
be warned.

You forgot people flying with jetpacks.

--
Bod
Old December 16th 15, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

So **** off to a motoring newsgroup, you dim ****.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old December 16th 15, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

So **** off to a moderated cycling newsgroup, you dim ****.
--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.
Old December 16th 15, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:16:49 +0000, colwyn wrote:

[...]

I wonder how many people will email btinternet and eternal-september to
complain about you spoiling this cycling newsgroup with off-topic tripe.

Old December 17th 15, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

On 16/12/2015 23:08, Judith wrote:
[...]

Let me help the disgruntled!

BT Share holders meeting coming up in April 2016!

BT Shareholder Helpline for enquiries about your shareholding
UK Freefone 0808 100 4141
Non UK +44 121 415 7178
UK Textphone: Freefone 0800 169 6907
Non UK Textphone: +44 121 415 7028

BT Share Line
Tel: 0845 701 0707 (UK callers only)
The BT Share Price Line gives details of the day's London Stock Exchange
share price at 9am as provided by Hemscott; as well as the latest
shareholder news. Calls are charged at local rates.

Other enquiries
For general enquiries please call: 020 7356 5000

For info Share price 8 am : 476.4
As to News-servers: Google is your friend!

Old December 17th 15, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 09:06:54 +0000, colwyn wrote:

snip

I wonder how many people will email btinternet and eternal-september to
complain about you spoiling this cycling newsgroup with off-topic tripe.
Let me help the disgruntled!

BT Share Holder Meeting snipped

I say old bean: I trust you are not suggesting that I buy a single share and
then attend the share holder's meeting to make a complain about someone in the
newsgroup.

That would just not be the done thing.

Old December 17th 15, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

You can't just turn up and post you know: it is a private members club.

I don't think either myself or Simon Mason are allowed in.

More than 50% of posts there are made by a chosen few of 8 people.

More than thirty people ( a third of the number of posters there) have made
just one or two posts and then ****ed off (probably because it was made clear
they weren't welcome)