RaceFace Instructions

Old August 15th 04, 11:28 PM
The Nelson Paradigm

Default RaceFace Instructions

Last week I finally installed a set of Turbine LPs on my ride. These appear
to be from one of the last production runs of square taper cranks before
they went purely to ISIS. One thing I noticed in the instructions (I was
confirming torque specs) was a very distinct change concerning the spindle
itself...

....they now want you to put a thin layer of grease on the tapers.

I found that really interesting considering the venom that gets spewed all
around with this issue. It's also a distinct change from earlier
instructions with the very same crank, where they very specifically said to
clean the tapers with acetone and let them dry. They also acknowledged the
controversy of using grease, but said they found it to be the better way of
doing things.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I'm selling the chainrings that came packed
with the crank on eBay (using the store's account so I can build up the
rating.) They're 9 speed, 110/74 24-34-46 (I'm running 8s 24-36-48
currently)

Cheers, ya'll

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com
http://intbike.com

Old August 15th 04, 11:48 PM

You may have to lower and adjust the front derailleur.

I MTB 2004

Old August 16th 04, 02:06 AM
The Nelson Paradigm

wrote in message
You may have to lower and adjust the front derailleur.

I MTB 2004

What in the world for? The chainline is in precisely the same place as with
the old '93 LX crank it replaced.

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,