New Echo 48mm rim (trials)

Old September 28th 05, 11:46 PM
DK

Default New Echo 48mm rim (trials)

[image:
http://observedtrials.net/vb/attachm...id=2564&stc=1]
[image:
http://observedtrials.net/vb/attachm...id=2566&stc=1]

Some specs- echo 48mm
weight- 710g
30mm drilled holes
"Extra thick side walls, dent proof"

wayyy rad-er than a dx32...

--
DK - getting rude again

*^useless post^

dr. zaius, dr. zaius, whats your monkey diagnosis
*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old September 28th 05, 11:48 PM
litldude2

Am i missing something or is there supposed to be something behind those
holes? Wouldnt the tube be shoved up against them?
How much are they?

--
litldude2 - Spencer

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
________________
LitlDude2: you suck
Byrnetown: yea
________________
beware of the evan!

Old September 28th 05, 11:54 PM
john_childs

litldude2 wrote:
*Am i missing something or is there supposed to be something behind
those holes? Wouldnt the tube be shoved up against them? *

Yes. They use a very sturdy and wide rim strip. Bonus points if the
rim strip is a nice bright color.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

Old September 28th 05, 11:57 PM
DK

litldude2 wrote:
*Am i missing something or is there supposed to be something behind
those holes? Wouldnt the tube be shoved up against them?
How much are they? *

1) you have rim strips...

2) Im not sure yet.. Im guessing around $60

Old September 29th 05, 04:24 AM
gerblefranklin

Meh, that's not much different from the Try-All rim, and at least the
try-all comes in 19". In the end drilled rims are weaker, but if you
don't need the extra strength, they can be good. The try-all also has
what appears to be a better, stronger profile.

In case it aint obvious, I lam biased a bit in favor of the rim i use.

BTW, John is right, they have super wide rim strips. Still, there is
some bulge factor, but it just makes the tire a bit mroe squishy, which
is nice.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old September 29th 05, 07:02 AM
Duffle

And they come in green! *bonus points*. Now a decent green frame...

--
Duffle
Duffle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9239

Old September 29th 05, 08:18 AM
Evan Byrne

the thick rim strip you have to use must add to some of the weight you
just lost by drillin those holes

--
Evan Byrne - Hangin.

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper

Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old September 29th 05, 09:54 AM
Smilymarco

http://www.echobike.com/partspage/rim-rear.htm

32 holes only

--
Smilymarco - muss noch viel lernen

www.sixsixone.com
Smilymarco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4110

Old September 29th 05, 04:41 PM
kington99

Seems very shallow i.e. not much distance between the two layers, but
that might be because the rim is much wider than normal, 48mm seems a
nice compromise between the DX-32 and the large marge (64mm), sounds
like a great Muni rim that would give better tyre support than the DX-32
and still be light. Does the Try-All come in 24" and 26"?

--
kington99 - I HAVE figured out how to change th

Dave