Bottles in the drainer

Old December 31st 19, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Bottles in the drainer

Monday, 30 December 2010

When I washed dishes this afternoon, I finally remembered to include
the two water bottles that have been sitting on the counter ever since
I took my bike in for an overhaul.

Just in time; on Saturday, the mechanic said that he was expecting my
new panniers on Tuesday, and everything else was good to go.

I had stopped by the Trailhouse on my way to Owen's (local sub-chain
of Kroger) on the flatfoot.

I swore off riding the flatfoot outside the village because the design
of the machine prevents one from pushing a pedal hard enough to get up
steerage way, and I hate being halfway across an intersection while
still frantically pushing with my feet. It doesn't help that the
crown of the road makes every such start slightly uphill.

But I have walked that distance more than once, so I thought that I
could just put my mind in pedestrian mode, use the sidewalk after
passing the Boathouse, and walk across every intersection.

But I found the two-thousand-foot ride to the Trailhouse such a slog
that I went home and got the car. Which gave me a one-o'clock curfew
for getting back, because the truck is also in the shop and Dave
wanted to go out in the afternoon. On the other hand, it meant that I
could buy more stuff than would fit into the dinky little basket on
the flatfoot.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Insulated Bottles John B. Techniques 73 March 2nd 13 01:48 AM
Cwispin bottles - again. Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 18 February 26th 12 09:37 AM
MORE than 70 bottles of h2o on stage 17 [email protected] Racing 1 August 3rd 06 10:55 PM
Custom bottles LSMike UK 2 July 5th 06 05:15 PM
FS:1992TourDupont bottles MEDICIOSSO Marketplace 0 November 20th 04 05:45 PM