Sweat control with new helmet?

Old August 29th 03, 05:25 AM

Default Sweat control with new helmet?

I recently "upgraded" from an old Giro Hammerhead road helmet to a new =
Giro
Eclipse. The improved ventilation and lighter weight is nice but sweat
control is a bigger problem than even. The new helmet provides more
coverage to the skull so there's no place for my usual sweat band. Also,
the little built-in sweat pads are smaller than ever.

Why can't helmets do a better job of sweat control?

What do you do to keep the sweat out of your eyes?

Ideas welcome. TIA

lorendi

Old August 29th 03, 07:52 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
writes:

What do you do to keep the sweat out of your eyes?

What I do is grow lots of hair. But then I've got to use
cycling glasses just to keep my hair out of my eyes.

Hair is a PITA, itself. I'm jealous of all you bald guys
out there. When I get my next paycheque, I'm gonna ride
down to the barber shop[*] to get a haircut (weather
permitting). The barber shop is about a 5 1/2 Km downhill
coast away. And I'm going to ride there without wearing my
h*lm*t. Call me an "organ donor" if ya want.
I'd rather be a hair donor.

cheers,
Tom
[*] Mario's, at Oak & 67th, Vancouver, BC. One of the
last real barber shops in town (that are any good.)

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old August 29th 03, 01:09 PM
Noel Llopis

DiabloScott wrote in
:

lorendi wrote:
What do you do to keep the sweat out of your eyes?

http://www.headsweats.com/

I second that. I got my hair cut very short and I had major problems
with sweat going into my eyes and all over the inside of my
glasses. Then I got one of those Coolmax head caps and I hardly get
any sweat on my face anymore. Highly recommended!

--Noel
Old August 30th 03, 01:13 AM
David L. Johnson

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:25:47 +0000, lorend wrote:

Why can't helmets do a better job of sweat control?

Good question. But maybe the thread on washing a helmet is relevant.

What do you do to keep the sweat out of your eyes?

I recently got this headband. I was quite skeptical, but the guy in the
shop said it was really worth it. All it is is a piece of cool-max fabric
that you tie around your head. It is thinner than most headbands and will
probably fit under the helmet.

Damn thing works great. Keeps the sweat out of my eyes, and keeps me cool
better than the thicker headbands.

I think it's marketed by Trek.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | You will say Christ saith this and the apostles say this; but
_`\(,_ | what canst thou say? -- George Fox.
(_)/ (_) |

Old August 30th 03, 03:02 AM
Bran

spake thusly on or about Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:25:47
UTC

- What do you do to keep the sweat out of your eyes?
-

dew rag. I use flannel clothes about 12x24 inches to both suckup the
sweat and cover the back of my neck
--
I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head
start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?

Helmet reminder... RB General 24 September 24th 03 12:00 PM
France helmet observation (not a troll) Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 20 August 30th 03 08:35 AM
Q: old helmet straps toobdood General 10 August 21st 03 11:03 PM
How I cracked my helmet Rick Warner General 2 July 12th 03 11:26 AM
Any helmet laws successfully overturned? one of the six billion General 20 July 3rd 03 12:34 AM