CatEye TL-LD1000 Rear Flasher--Finally a good, easily available,LED flasher

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 16th 04, 02:29 PM
Steven M. Scharf

Default CatEye TL-LD1000 Rear Flasher--Finally a good, easily available,LED flasher

CatEye TL-LD1000 Rear Flasher--Finally a good, easily available, LED
flasher.

I received a CatEye TL-LD1000 from Nashbar today. I had not been a fan
of LED flashers due to the problems with field of view, and intensity,
but CatEye has a winner with the TL-LD1000. It has six rear facing LEDs,
plus two LEDs on each side. It has lenses over the LEDs, not just a red
plastic cover. It's very rugged, and it's waterproof. You can turn on
either the bottom or top five LEDs, or all ten. This is the first LED
flasher I've found that almost rivals the visibility of a xenon strobe.
I bought it for a new Dahon Speed TR folder, which also arrived today.

The mounting is funky. It includes a seat post bracket. It also includes
a screw that cuts threads into a hole on the back which theoretically
would let it mount directly to a reflector bracket on a rear rack (the
holes line up properly). However this screw is far too long, and you
need some washers or a spacer or you’ll destroy the light as you screw
it into the battery compartment. I used a spacer, and it works fine,
with no bracket. The directions do not mention this mounting option, and
don't tell you what the screw is for.

"http://www.cateye.com/en/products/viewProduct.php?modelId=41&catId=7&subCatId=4"

It isn't cheap, it cost me nearly $24 (with a Nashbar coupon code).

Nashbar Coupon Codes
10% off entire order! W198 01/03/2005
10% off entire order! AFFDC 12/20/2004

They had a 20% off code that expired, but you can still try it:

20% off $100 or more! 25DEC 12/14/2004

Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Braking Technique asqui Racing 55 July 25th 03 04:16 PM