Horse riders block traffic

Old December 14th 09, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Horse riders block traffic

Saw a mass of horse riders today near Buckingham Palace and they were
deliberately blocking traffic and making it crawl. Judging by their
elaborate livery they had some sort of point to make. Also the police
were corking for them. So how come they are not denigrated by drivers
here as they do Critical Mass?

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old December 14th 09, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On Dec 14, 4:42*pm, Doug wrote:
Saw a mass of horse riders today near Buckingham Palace and they were
deliberately blocking traffic and making it crawl. Judging by their
elaborate livery they had some sort of point to make. Also the police
were corking for them. So how come they are not denigrated by drivers
here as they do Critical Mass?

--
Critical Mass Londonhttp://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist".

Doug, getting bored, as the evenings are now dark & he is not let out
at night without his minder, decides to post some of his usual
rubbish, asking a question for which he already knows the answer.

I wonder what his next sad post will be?

Why was he at Buck House, was he expecting to be invited in for tea,
or was he collecting his OBWoS (Obnoxious Bigoted Waste Of Space)?

WSR
Old December 14th 09, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday[_3_]

Doug wrote:
Saw a mass of horse riders today near Buckingham Palace and they were
deliberately blocking traffic and making it crawl. Judging by their
elaborate livery they had some sort of point to make. Also the police
were corking for them. So how come they are not denigrated by drivers
here as they do Critical Mass?

Stop acting the silly prick and grow up.
Old December 14th 09, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver

On 14 Dec, 16:42, Doug wrote:
Saw a mass of horse riders today near Buckingham Palace and they were
deliberately blocking traffic and making it crawl. Judging by their
elaborate livery they had some sort of point to make. Also the police
were corking for them. So how come they are not denigrated by drivers
here as they do Critical Mass?

You were at Buckingham Palace? A long way from catford, one may say
it's frivolous hypermobility.

Old December 15th 09, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_2_]

"Happi Monday" wrote in message
Doug wrote:
Saw a mass of horse riders today near Buckingham Palace and they were
deliberately blocking traffic and making it crawl. Judging by their
elaborate livery they had some sort of point to make. Also the police
were corking for them. So how come they are not denigrated by drivers
here as they do Critical Mass?

Stop acting the silly prick and grow up.

He has already grown up at 77 or so but is now heading back to childhood.

Old December 15th 09, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 14 Dec, 17:37, webreader wrote:
On Dec 14, 4:42*pm, Doug wrote:

Saw a mass of horse riders today near Buckingham Palace and they were
deliberately blocking traffic and making it crawl. Judging by their
elaborate livery they had some sort of point to make. Also the police
were corking for them. So how come they are not denigrated by drivers
here as they do Critical Mass?

Doug, getting bored, as the evenings are now dark & he is not let out
at night without his minder, decides to post some of his usual
rubbish, asking *a question for which he already knows the answer.

I wonder what his next sad post will be?

Why was he at Buck House, was he expecting to be invited in for tea,
or was he collecting his OBWoS (Obnoxious Bigoted Waste Of Space)?

I was merely passing by on my bicycle and happened to get caught up in
the blockage. It did remind me of Critical Mass though and of
differing attitudes to differing processions. Needless to say there
was no honking of horns or any rammings taking place. Motorists seemed
extremely patient this time and waited meekly for the blockage to
pass, unlike Critical Mass. I suppose a bunch of police and soldiers
would seem a tad more intimidating that some humble cyclists.

Old December 15th 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On Dec 14, 4:42 pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

Indeed we can all agree that you would find it difficult to tell the
difference between CM & what you saw, this is the reason that you
provide such laughs for the rest of us.

--
Tony Dragon
Old December 16th 09, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 14, 4:42 pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

No you are completely wrong again, or else deliberately trying to
misinterpret my post. While they looked nothing like CM they were
similarly impeding the flow of traffic but without the aggressive
response from impatient drivers. It is clear to me that drivers,
particularly motorists, do not regard cyclists as legitimate road
users who should be allowed to slow them down and instead cyclists
should always give way to them. On the other hand, they do regard many
other processions which impede them as quite acceptable or at the very
least impossible to confront in the same way as they do CM.

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!"

Old December 16th 09, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On Dec 14, 4:42 pm, Doug wrote:
[...]

Not dificult when there is no point to it.

While they looked nothing like CM

So they weren't an antisocial rabble.

they were
similarly impeding the flow of traffic but without the aggressive
response from impatient drivers.

Did they have a police escourt?

It is clear to me

but to nobody else.

that drivers,
particularly motorists, do not regard

antisocial

cyclists as legitimate road
users who should be allowed to slow them down and instead cyclists
should always give way to them. On the other hand, they do regard many
other processions

which are organized correctly.

which impede them as quite acceptable or at the very
least impossible to confront in the same way as they do CM.

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!"

In other words apart from the fact that both users (horse parade & cm)
were using the roads, there was no similarity between them, except in
your own blinkered mind.
--
Tony Dragon