Horse riders on mobile 'phones

Old August 8th 11, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Horse riders on mobile 'phones

A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...posed-be-safer

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 8th 11, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...posed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a hazard
when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman fell into a
lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers running past for help but
they couldn't hear her because they were listening to music. A cyclist
eventually stopped and rescued her.

Old August 8th 11, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...posed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a hazard
when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman fell into a
lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers running past for help
but they couldn't hear her because they were listening to music. A
cyclist eventually stopped and rescued her.

Yes, I posted the story - "Reading cyclist helps save drowning woman."

Old August 8th 11, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...posed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a hazard
when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman fell into a
lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers running past for help
but they couldn't hear her because they were listening to music. A
cyclist eventually stopped and rescued her.

Some cyclists wearing headphones have just crashed into things and died.
Ipod zombies is the description.

Old August 8th 11, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Scion

Simon Mason wrote:

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...country-was-su
pposed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a
hazard when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman
fell into a lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers
running past for help but they couldn't hear her because they were
listening to music. A cyclist eventually stopped and rescued her.

Yes, I posted the story - "Reading cyclist helps save drowning woman."

On a bike, I think reading is probably worse than listening to music.

I'll get me coat.
Old August 8th 11, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Scion" wrote in message
.. .
Simon Mason wrote:

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...country-was-su
pposed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a
hazard when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman
fell into a lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers
running past for help but they couldn't hear her because they were
listening to music. A cyclist eventually stopped and rescued her.

Yes, I posted the story - "Reading cyclist helps save drowning woman."

On a bike, I think reading is probably worse than listening to music.

You can actually get video glasses that show films on their inside lenses.
I'm sure they could be rigged up to a Kindle.

Old August 8th 11, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 08/08/2011 17:03, Scion wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

"Mr. wrote in message
"Simon wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...country-was-su
pposed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a
hazard when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman
fell into a lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers
running past for help but they couldn't hear her because they were
listening to music. A cyclist eventually stopped and rescued her.

Yes, I posted the story - "Reading cyclist helps save drowning woman."

On a bike, I think reading is probably worse than listening to music.

I'll get me coat.

I've already done that one. SM didn't respond. He has no sense of humour,
except for when he thinks that the misfortune of a car-driver or a
pederstrian is worth laughing at.
Old August 8th 11, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Scion" wrote in message
.. .
Simon Mason wrote:

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A new hazard to beware of.

http://road.cc/content/blog/40276-an...country-was-su
pposed-be-safer

It's not just mobile phones, using portable music players can be a
hazard when out and about. There was a recent story in which a woman
fell into a lake and started drowning. She shouted to joggers
running past for help but they couldn't hear her because they were
listening to music. A cyclist eventually stopped and rescued her.

Yes, I posted the story - "Reading cyclist helps save drowning woman."

On a bike, I think reading is probably worse than listening to music.

You can actually get video glasses that show films on their inside lenses.
I'm sure they could be rigged up to a Kindle.

you should get some.

FORGET ABOUT MOBILE PHONES... Great Job Techniques 0 February 17th 08 06:12 AM
Are mobile phones wiping out our bees? Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 24 April 24th 07 07:05 PM
Mobile phones, wives and Cokers onebyone Unicycling 22 July 12th 05 12:52 AM
Mobile 'phones crackdown MartinM UK 79 November 23rd 04 02:32 PM
Mobile Phones Vincent Wilcox UK 38 December 5th 03 10:02 AM