USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Old December 21st 03, 04:24 AM
Shayana Kadidal

Default USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

That would explain the big "Trek" logo still on his shoulders!

Matt is changing teams (to Cofidis) for next year ... Could be he's already
returned his Trek to USPS and has received his new bike from Cofidis, but
still has to race in USPS colors until 1 January.

Old December 21st 03, 01:51 PM
Callistus Valerius

Default trek 5200 for sale

But, don't sell the Trek just yet. The worst I've heard about the Trek
- USPS relationship is that Trek will no longer put the USPS decal on
their bikes, because the Postal biggies want too much for each decal.
That's what my dealer told me last summer when I bought my 5200 (now
magically transformed to at least a 5600 by the application of my Record
gruppo, Mavic wheels, Michelin tires, Flite saddle, etc.).

I know you're in France, so maybe you're forced to use Michelin tires,
but I prefer vredestein's.

Old December 21st 03, 06:44 PM
Bob Schwartz

Jiyang Chen wrote:
That's unfortunate for Trek. Lance Armstrong is the main reason why Trek is
such a popular brand among recreational riders. W/out Lance they will lose
a big share of the business.

LANCE is a part owner of Trek.

As trolls go, this one needs work.

Bob Schwartz

Old December 21st 03, 10:21 PM
Fake name goes here

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

LANCE is a part owner of Trek.

BS...lets see the press release.

As trolls go, this one needs work.

it worked on YOU.
Old December 21st 03, 10:54 PM
Heinz Getzler

anonymous wrote in message ...
Looks like usps will be riding Decathlon bikes with Campy this year:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...southbank/D59A
5066

It's way to early to tell. The USPS rider was probably just riding
another bike. Sometimes pro's will ride another bike especially if
they are on the verge of changing teams.
Old December 21st 03, 11:20 PM
Stewart Fleming

Callistus Valerius wrote:
My Trek 5200 is now for sale. Where do you buy Decathlon bikes?

Ask Daley Thomson.

Old December 22nd 03, 03:03 PM
Bob Schwartz

Fake name goes here wrote:
In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

LANCE is a part owner of Trek.

BS...lets see the press release.

Dumbass,

It is in the endorsement contract. Instead of money LANCE took
a stake in the company. Details of stuff like that are not
typically made public.

My guess is that it has worked out well for both parties.

As trolls go, this one needs work.

it worked on YOU.

Ain't nobody pullin' a fish hook out of my lip.

Bob Schwartz

Old December 22nd 03, 04:54 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

It is in the endorsement contract. Instead of money LANCE took
a stake in the company. Details of stuff like that are not
typically made public.

My guess is that it has worked out well for both parties.

Lance was given a token piece of the company, much as the employees get, a
few years ago. Trust me, Lance is very well paid, in cash.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old December 22nd 03, 04:57 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

But, don't sell the Trek just yet. The worst I've heard about the Trek
- USPS relationship is that Trek will no longer put the USPS decal on
their bikes, because the Postal biggies want too much for each decal.
That's what my dealer told me last summer when I bought my 5200 (now
magically transformed to at least a 5600 by the application of my Record
gruppo, Mavic wheels, Michelin tires, Flite saddle, etc.).

TREK doesn't put the USPS decal on "team"-paint bikes anymore because USPS
wanted a significant royalty for use of their name. Yes, that's correct.
USPS wanted $$$ for TREK to advertise them. Please note we're talking about
money going to the USPS (government agency), not the team.

The funny thing is, before 9/11, people wanted that decal REMOVED from their
bikes! I can't tell you how many people would say "I'd buy that color if it
didn't have that USPS decal on it." But many things changed after 9/11 (and
the anthrax sutff that followed), including people's thoughts about
government agencies. Strange but true.

Old December 25th 03, 02:18 AM
Jiyang Chen

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message

LANCE is a part owner of Trek.

What good is that? Everyone wants THE bike that Lance rides, not a bike
from a company that's partly owned by Lance.

Jiyang

Trek 820 vs. Fuji Boulevard Jim_Bowman_007 Mountain Biking 8 July 9th 04 03:50 AM
Klein vs. Trek Lester Long Racing 22 September 29th 03 06:47 PM
New (2004) Trek 1200 Howard Slomer General 2 August 10th 03 01:20 AM