ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

Old June 4th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

Default ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.
Old June 4th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

hizark21 wrote:
ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

The spots are all filled. Who would the ASO kick out to make space for
Astana, and what excuse would they get?

Be realistic.
Old June 4th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Kyle Legate wrote:
The spots are all filled. Who would the ASO kick out to make space for
Astana, and what excuse would they get?

They could always engineer a positive test if a certain laboratory is
going to be doing the testing.
Old June 4th 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:56:58 -0700 (PDT), hizark21
wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

I'm not saying I agree with ASO's decisions, but you don't get it.
They told Astana they'll let them in after a year with no scandals.
It's clear. Astana could sweep the top ten in every race they get
into, and that wouldn't help then get into the Tour of France. In
fact, it would probably hurt.

Old June 4th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Jun 3, 11:56*pm, hizark21 wrote:
ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. *The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

Altho weird, as long as Bruyneel and Contador(true yellow jersey
contender but cloudy relationship with Operation Puerto, true or not)
are with Astana, ASO isn't going to let them in. ASO doesn't like
Bruyneel and the last thing ASO wants is another doping scandal with
the yellow jersey.
Old June 4th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

I'm not saying I agree with ASO's decisions, but you don't get it.
They told Astana they'll let them in after a year with no scandals.
It's clear. Astana could sweep the top ten in every race they get
into, and that wouldn't help then get into the Tour of France. In
fact, it would probably hurt.

Indeed. Astana has ****ed in the Tour's soup twice now.
They've earned this.

Bob Schwartz

Old June 4th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

On Jun 4, 4:36*am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:56*pm, hizark21 wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. *The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

Altho weird, as long as Bruyneel and Contador(true yellow jersey
contender but cloudy relationship with Operation Puerto, true or not)
are with Astana, ASO isn't going to let them in. ASO doesn't like
Bruyneel and the last thing ASO wants is another doping scandal with
the yellow jersey.

This seems like clear case of guilt by association as opposed to
actual evidence. Guilt by association has been very destructive to
cycling. It's clear to me now that the UCI needs to act now and
reasassert it's governing role.
Old June 4th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:22:50 -0700 (PDT), hizark21
wrote:

This seems like clear case of guilt by association as opposed to
actual evidence. Guilt by association has been very destructive to
cycling. It's clear to me now that the UCI needs to act now and
reasassert it's governing role.

What does the UCI have to do with the Tour of France?
Old June 4th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

hizark21 wrote:
This seems like clear case of guilt by association as opposed to
actual evidence. Guilt by association has been very destructive to
cycling. It's clear to me now that the UCI needs to act now and
reasassert it's governing role.

Are you referring to the team that got a second chance
last year and responded by ****ing in the soup again?
Oh yeah, this is a different team from last year.

I think ASO has made it clear that Astana can establish
that it is a different team by not ****ing in anyone's
soup.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 4th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Bob Schwartz wrote:
I think ASO has made it clear that Astana can establish that it is a
different team by not ****ing in anyone's soup.

Pea soup ?

I admit it, I am a wimp wafflycat UK 5 February 10th 06 12:21 PM
I admit it: I'm a poser! Erin Unicycling 8 January 29th 06 03:18 AM
I admit it: I'm a poser! johnfoss Unicycling 0 January 26th 06 07:44 PM
OK I admit I am a wimp. Maggie General 35 June 16th 05 12:04 AM
I admit it ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 4 September 5th 04 06:45 PM