ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

Old June 4th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

On Jun 4, 7:56*am, hizark21 wrote:
ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. *The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

I would assume that ASO would argue that the good showing of Astana
proves that they're doping. That's the type of reasoning you're seeing
from the ASO management.

Any argument about Astana ticking ASO off is specious, as Astana has
the right to participate, as a pro tour team. Even before the Pro
Tour, the top 15 rated teams were guaranteed a spot in the Tour de
France. Just another reason why the UCI is a necessary evil.

-ilan
Old June 4th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Bob Schwartz wrote:
I think ASO has made it clear that Astana can establish that it is a
different team by not ****ing in anyone's soup.

Donald Munro wrote:
Pea soup ?

http://news.sawf.org/Lifestyle/30794.aspx

Old June 4th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

I'm not saying I agree with ASO's decisions, but you don't get it.
They told Astana they'll let them in after a year with no scandals.
It's clear. Astana could sweep the top ten in every race they get
into, and that wouldn't help then get into the Tour of France. In
fact, it would probably hurt.

Indeed. Astana has ****ed in the Tour's soup twice now.
They've earned this.

And yet some believe that was possibly the cleanest Giro in a very long
time, specifically because Astana was there, which put everything under a
microscope.

The ASO just isn't making sense. Not so much in the exclusion of Astana, but
rather their atttitude about positive doping tests. They still consider it a
failure when they find someone testing positive, instead of evidence that
they can find and punish those doping. What was that latest thing they were
saying? That they're going to specifically target certain athletes because
of what happened last year, instead of randomized controls? I don't get it.
The randomized controls found Rasmussen didn't they? And Vino? And
Keschekin? But the fact that those guys were doping and caught is an
indication that doping controls aren't working?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:56:58 -0700 (PDT), hizark21
wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

I'm not saying I agree with ASO's decisions, but you don't get it.
They told Astana they'll let them in after a year with no scandals.
It's clear. Astana could sweep the top ten in every race they get
into, and that wouldn't help then get into the Tour of France. In
fact, it would probably hurt.

Indeed. Astana has ****ed in the Tour's soup twice now.
They've earned this.

Bob Schwartz

Old June 4th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
The randomized controls found Rasmussen didn't
they?

No.

Old June 4th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Jun 4, 10:28*am, wrote:
On Jun 4, 7:56*am, hizark21 wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. *The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

I would assume that ASO would argue that the good showing of Astana
proves that they're doping. That's the type of reasoning you're seeing
from the ASO management.

Well, they were on vacation a week before the start and came there and
kicked ass..'if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck'. Bruyneel and
Contador is the problem, Astana has nothing to do with it. Vino was
never a contender.

Old June 4th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Old June 4th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 4, 1:36*pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:56*pm, hizark21 wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. *The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

Altho weird, as long as Bruyneel and Contador(true yellow jersey
contender but cloudy relationship with Operation Puerto, true or not)
are with Astana, ASO isn't going to let them in. ASO doesn't like
Bruyneel and the last thing ASO wants is another doping scandal with
the yellow jersey.

No, with Contador and Bruyneel, the thing that worries ASO is another
string of 7 consecutive victories.

-ilan
Old June 4th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

saying? That they're going to specifically target certain athletes because
of what happened last year, instead of randomized controls? I don't get it.
The randomized controls found Rasmussen didn't they? And Vino? And
Keschekin? But the fact that those guys were doping and caught is an
indication that doping controls aren't working?

After Vino's positive, I highly doubt that Kaschekin's test was 'random'.
Old June 4th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
The randomized controls found Rasmussen didn't
they?

No.

My bad, I know that. Rasmussen was kicked out due to his phony whereabouts.
Doh.

Old June 4th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

I would assume that ASO would argue that the good showing of Astana
proves that they're doping. That's the type of reasoning you're seeing
from the ASO management.

Well, they were on vacation a week before the start and came there and
kicked ass..'if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck'. Bruyneel and
Contador is the problem, Astana has nothing to do with it. Vino was
never a contender.

So the only way to prove you're clean is to lose convincingly? We know 2nd
place isn't enough (Zabel in his past life).

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" wrote in
message

I admit it, I am a wimp wafflycat UK 5 February 10th 06 12:21 PM
I admit it: I'm a poser! Erin Unicycling 8 January 29th 06 03:18 AM
I admit it: I'm a poser! johnfoss Unicycling 0 January 26th 06 07:44 PM
OK I admit I am a wimp. Maggie General 35 June 16th 05 12:04 AM
I admit it ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 4 September 5th 04 06:45 PM