STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

Old March 6th 09, 09:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

Paul G. wrote:
Um... no. The Ugly Americans are the ones who "love" their country:

"The Encarta dictionary defines "Ugly American" as: stereotypical
offensive American: a loud, boorish, nationalistic American, especially
one traveling abroad, who is regarded as conforming to a stereotype that
gives Americans a bad reputation."

You do get sometimes get some loud americans on international
flights. I shudder to think of the day mobile phones are allowed,
especially satellite ones.

Old March 6th 09, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Paul G. wrote:
For entertainment I use those same skills to crush the souls of fools
like you.

If you were a typical rbr gay deviant you could wear stiletto heels
and crush soles instead.

Old March 6th 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Paul G. wrote:
Suppose we're flying a plane. I put 'er into a dive, exceed Vne and
rip the wings off. Then I turn the controls over to you.

Bill Asher wrote:
p.s. Â*"put 'er into a dive, exceed Vne and rip the wings off" was on
*my* list, not yours. Â*****er.

Paul G. wrote:
Learn to spell. It's "FOKKER". Next time I'm turning the controls over to
"Sully" Sullenberger. More dramatic. -Paul

One of the WW I Fokkers had 3 wings (a triple decker so to speak) which
would make ripping the wings off more spectacular.

Old March 6th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
I can only assume that JT has had some sort of really bad setback. I hope
he recovers from it and becomes the old JT.

Resistance is futile. Assimilation is inevitable. You're next.

Regards,
The Liberal Gay Deviant Committee (LGDC)

Old March 6th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Bill C wrote:

On Mar 4, 11:34*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
*John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:37:32 -0800 (PST), Bill C
wrote:

JT's vision of democracy and free debate:

* *That stuff sounds pretty much exactly like the way the Republicans
whipped the media into submission after 9-11 to me.

Yeah Howard A lot of them were jailed, tortured, offices firebombed,
etc...You really are a ****ing tool. I can cite examples of Chavez'
violence against mainstream news outlets, and so can you, but you HAVE
to defend these folks.

I "have to defend these folks?" Huh? Bill, I always know that you're teetering on
the brink of unleashing another diatribe when you pull out the Chavez references (and
you calling me a "tool" is quite an amusing stretch, considering how easily led you
are by rightwing talking points your posts demonstrate). In that article, Chavez
rails against the media in an attempt to bully them, which correlates to what I said.
Remember that illegal warrantless wiretapping program? One of the main targets were
journalists. Ari Fleischer intoning, "There are reminders to all Americans that they
need to watch what they say, watch what they do, and this is not a time for remarks
like that; there never is." Etc. Etc. Etc.

As for JT, RIF:

You actually suggest to John that "reading is fundamental?" Hmm.

JT, when was the last time, before Obama's election that you told
anyone this is a great, free Country and you are proud of it, and you
are optimistic about it?

I suppose you do that several times a day? That's kind of heading into "My
country, love it or leave it" territory. Or "My country, right or wrong."

Michael Moore and Rush, as symbols, are what's right about this
Country. They get to trash the government and still be free to speak.

You still cling to the belief that Moore is on par with Limbaugh or Coulter.
That's funny.

You know, you do the same thing again and again. You find a way to link someone
you're arguing with to someone you consider to be super horrendous. In this episode,
we got Chavez. In earlier ones, it's been Arabs who celebrated on 9-11 or the
"Pan-Arab" thing. Perhaps you think that linkage will make the rest of the readers
think that the person you're going after is also super horrendous? Like a Nazi or
something. That's a cheap, cheesy tactic, Bill. I think you can do better.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 6th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 07:08:20 -0800 (PST), Bill C
wrote:

Bull**** if you are telling people this is a ****ty place then how can
you expect them to work for it or make hard choices to better it, or
even give a **** about it?
If you have don't like and appreciate it then you have no reason to
work for it.
The picture is becoming clearer by the day.
Bill C

Your reasons, your motivation. Some of us work for what it could be. I
didn't stand outside in Annapolis in freezing weather to speak for
open marriage bills and against the death penalty because I thought
Maryland had it right, but because if we don't, they will continue to
get it wrong.

You can like and appreciate the things that are right while realizing
what needs attention are the things that are mostly pure ****. If I
die tomorrow, I won't regret the times that I did something and found
out I was wrong - I can live with that; I will regret the times when I
knew I should stand up for what WAS right and didn't.

I don't need pom poms. And I don't need to be told who has the right
point of view or attitude. I knew a few people that died for this
country while sporting a real ****ty attitude.

Nicely put, Curtis.

Old March 6th 09, 09:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Bill C wrote:

On Mar 5, 12:51*pm, "
wrote:

Jeez, JT, I'm working on it, okay? *People are
so impatient, they want change in an instant.
I have a day job, because ol' Barack was too nice
to make Secretary of Revenge a cabinet level position.
And it's not easy to compile a national list of
up-against-the-wall-mother****ers on evenings
and weekends while still keeping up a Fat Master
training schedule.

"As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
* * *I've got a little list--I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
* * *And who never would be missed--who never would be missed!"

-Ko-Ko Ben

Actually Ben
From the reaction of the left wingnuts to Obama so far we were
expecting the same guy to show up in the WH. They're ****ed because he
hasn't been one of them so far, and I'm pleasantly surprised.
http://tinyurl.com/6a9yr2

You actually think that an appointee of Obama's that Rove and Limbaugh agree with
shows he's "in the center?" Sorry, those two are as extemist as can be.

You're "pleasantly surprised" that you think "the left" is getting screwed.
Surprise.

http://tinyurl.com/9o33ut

Wow, a NewsMax article that says Obama is ****ing "the left" off by not being as
extreme as you (and they) claimed he'd be. You don't see a logical weakness there?

Seems like we were both wrong so far. You can do any number of
searches around "Obama Revolt left angry" and other words and come up
with plenty of stuff. I expected what they expected.

Well, with a search term set that loaded, you shouldn't be very surprised at what
comes up. In lawyer talk, that would be considered "leading the witness." Anyway, if
you look at the list of hits, all of the first ones are from right leaning sites.
Which shouldn't be all that surprising.

Old March 6th 09, 09:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38223

--
Bill Asher
Old March 6th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:12:51 -0800, Howard Kveck
wrote:

I "have to defend these folks?" Huh? Bill, I always know that you're teetering on
the brink of unleashing another diatribe when you pull out the Chavez references

Chavez is worse than MoveOn.org? Or is it the other way around? I'm
not sure what level of nut he's at at the moment.
Old March 6th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:13:00 -0800, Howard Kveck
wrote:

In article ,
Bill C wrote:

On Mar 5, 12:51*pm, "
wrote:

Jeez, JT, I'm working on it, okay? *People are
so impatient, they want change in an instant.
I have a day job, because ol' Barack was too nice
to make Secretary of Revenge a cabinet level position.
And it's not easy to compile a national list of
up-against-the-wall-mother****ers on evenings
and weekends while still keeping up a Fat Master
training schedule.

"As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
* * *I've got a little list--I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
* * *And who never would be missed--who never would be missed!"

-Ko-Ko Ben

Actually Ben
From the reaction of the left wingnuts to Obama so far we were
expecting the same guy to show up in the WH. They're ****ed because he
hasn't been one of them so far, and I'm pleasantly surprised.
http://tinyurl.com/6a9yr2

You actually think that an appointee of Obama's that Rove and Limbaugh agree with
shows he's "in the center?" Sorry, those two are as extemist as can be.

You're "pleasantly surprised" that you think "the left" is getting screwed.
Surprise.

http://tinyurl.com/9o33ut

Wow, a NewsMax article that says Obama is ****ing "the left" off by not being as
extreme as you (and they) claimed he'd be. You don't see a logical weakness there?

Seems like we were both wrong so far. You can do any number of
searches around "Obama Revolt left angry" and other words and come up
with plenty of stuff. I expected what they expected.

Howard, Howard, Howard. Don't you get it. Bill can rag on Bush a lot
-- it helps him feel politically "independent." And he can complain
about lots of issues from a fairly liberal point of view -- complain
about, say, big businesses excesses. That shows how "open-minded" he
is.

But on the fundamental framing of political debate, the right (places
like NewsMax, people) is what he follows.

The right was winning the newsbite war on "bipartisanship" and they've
got Bill on that one. It's typical.