STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

Old March 9th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
om...

Which is why I missed the Paris-Nice prologue.

Because you couldn't wade through it any deeper?

Old March 9th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Tom Kunich wrote:

The following is full of Kunichisms

I started out as an electronics tech too but kept being promoted.
They kept inventing new levels of tech in order to keep raising my pay.
They started Senior Tech, then Master Tech, then I'd pretty much had
enough with Super Tech. When they started eliminating techs in the
higher pay grades I finally moved into engineering. It didn't much
matter since I'd been engineering for 10 years before I got the title.

I ran this through my Kunich translator and came up with:

I was an Electronic Tech but good enough to get raises every time Calif
raised the Minimum Wage. The company changed my title frequently so that
my ego would be well fed. I also worked as an Engineer without actually
having the requisite degree.

I *luv* rbr .... Tom makes fat dumb Paul look brilliant

--
William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com
Old March 9th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

William R. Mattil wrote:

The following is full of Kunichisms

I ran this through my Kunich translator and came up with:

Hopefully the translator is open source.

Old March 11th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Mar 8, 6:02*am, Bill C wrote:

*Gotta drag everyone down into the same cesspool to preserve their
superiority to everyone else so they can mock them, crush their souls,
call their homes ********s, etc...
*Bill C

I'm just tellin' it like it is:

Health Buzz: America's Happiest States and Other Health News
Posted March 11, 2009
The States With the Happiest Residents

....according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index released today
and reported by the Associated Press... In general, folks surveyed out
West had the highest sense of well-being, while more of those living
in the South and Midwest reported being in the doldrums. West
Virginians were the worst off, followed by those living in Kentucky
and Mississippi.

**** Hole Alabama
Where the people are so blue
**** Hole Alabama
Lord, I ain't coming home to you

-Paul

Old March 12th 09, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
"Paul G." wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:02*am, Bill C wrote:

[...]

Not that I want to move to Alabama, W Va, KY, or Ole Miss, but happiness
surveys are notoriously tainted by differing self-assessment.

That's a complex way of saying that some cultures are just grumpy.

http://umich.edu/news/happy_08/HappyChart.jpg

Old March 12th 09, 09:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 12, 1:20*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
*"Paul G." wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:02*am, Bill C wrote:

[...]

Dumbass -

It's interesting how Columbia is #3 on the list.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 12th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

*"Paul G." wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:02*am, Bill C wrote:

[...]

Easy for you happy, long-living Canadians to say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Here's the life expectancy by state, looks like it tracks the
happiness index pretty well:
http://tinyurl.com/b56j9x
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...913_099763.htm

The life expectancy data is presumably less subjective than the
happiness surveys. Or not. There are some real horror stories from
countries with socialized medicine:

MAN:
Hello. Uhh, can we have your liver?
MR. BROWN:
My what?
MAN:
Your liver. It's a large, ehh, glandular organ in your abdomen.
MR. BROWN:
Yeah,-- y-- y-- yeah, I know what it is, but... I'm using it, eh.
ERIC:
Come on, sir.
MR. BROWN:
Hey! Hey! Stop!
ERIC:
Don't muck us about.
MR. BROWN:
Stop! Hey! Hey! Stop it. Hey!
MAN:
What's this, then? Mmh.
MR. BROWN:
A liver donor's card.
MAN:
Need we say more?
MR. BROWN:
Listen! I can't give it to you now. It says, 'in the event of
death'. Uh. Oh! Ah. Ah. Eh.
MAN:
No one who has ever had their liver taken out by us has survived.
MR. BROWN:
Agh.
ERIC:
Just lie there, sir. It won't take a minute.

Old March 13th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...0060913_099763.
htm

The life expectancy data is presumably less subjective than the
happiness surveys. Or not. There are some real horror stories from
countries with socialized medicine:

I can't say whether or not the Canadian system actually makes people
happier than the American system. US horror stories are abundant.

But I can tell you that right now my wife is in the middle of dealing
with some fairly agonizing (but not life-threatening) back problems. The
wait to see the neurologist once was 2 months from the time of her
referral, and her MRI will be at an undetermined date with very short
notice.

None of this will kill anyone. It just means she is in a lot of pain
that's only so-so controlled by fun-pills, and will be until the MRI
frees up.

Old March 13th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 12, 6:06*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*"Paul G." wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:02*am, Bill C wrote:

[...]

OMG, Spelling Police! OK, you've now qualified yourself as full-on
Masters Fattie Fred.

Funny video btw. Your friend OTOH is a pussy.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.