RIP VDB

Old October 12th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Geraard Spergen[_3_]

Default RIP VDB

Yup.
Old October 12th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Geraard Spergen" wrote in message
Yup.

I wish you'd given more details Geraard.

Old October 12th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Tom Kunich wrote:

"Geraard Spergen" wrote in message
Yup.

I wish you'd given more details Geraard.

http://www.actu24.be/article/sports/...cke_est_mort/3
55630.aspx
Old October 12th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Geraard Spergen wrote:
Yup.

Hopefully he is finally at peace now.
Old October 12th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Geraard Spergen[_3_]

On Oct 12, 2:41*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"Geraard Spergen" wrote in message

Yup.

I wish you'd given more details Geraard.

Not for the monolingual:
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/Wielrennen/

Embolism in the lungs
Old October 12th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Geraard Spergen" wrote in message
Yup.

I was thinking about VdB while Gerlach was being discussed. What does it
take to pull somene out of a downward spiral like that? Can it be done at
all? Perhaps we focus entirely on the failures and miss the success stories,
people who have overcome (somehow, some way) their inner demons and thrived.
Maybe inner demons are so personal that what is learned from one doesn't
apply to another.

The only thing I do know is that it's very, very sad.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old October 12th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Geraard Spergen" wrote in message
Yup.

I was thinking about VdB while Gerlach was being discussed. What does it
take to pull somene out of a downward spiral like that? Can it be done
at all? Perhaps we focus entirely on the failures and miss the success
stories, people who have overcome (somehow, some way) their inner demons
and thrived. Maybe inner demons are so personal that what is learned
from one doesn't apply to another.

The only thing I do know is that it's very, very sad.

I am no expert on demons. I just know that if the inputs don't change
I don't believe it is reasonable to expect different outputs.

Very sad. I hope the next person to try to help Gerlach tells him
to leave the bike behind.

Bob Schwartz
Old October 12th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:30:25 -0700 (PDT), Geraard Spergen
wrote:

Yup.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vandenbroucke-dies

Well at least it looks like a natural cause, although the abuse over
the years can't have helped.

How sad, he seemed to be in a good shape during the worlds when he was
around to help the Belgian team. Not sure if it was officially or
not.

RIP
Old October 13th 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_3_]

Man, I thought he'd be the next campionissimo.

RIP.

Old October 13th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]