I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

Old January 5th 11, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

On Jan 4, 5:01*pm, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/4/2011 2:32 PM, Cam wrote: On Jan 2, 11:36 am, Peter *wrote:

I always liked Sheldon's line about New England being great for cycling
10 months out of the year -- July and August being just too hot.

I commute by bike in Toronto and miss more days due to smog in the
summer than snow in the winter.

The last time I was in Toronto, the only air pollution was from manure
spreading on the adjacent fields.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto,_Iowa

--
T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

did you wear a mask ?
Old January 5th 11, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

Tom Sherman wrote:

I always liked Sheldon's line about New England being great for
cycling 10 months out of the year -- July and August being too
hot.

I commute by bike in Toronto and miss more days due to smog in the
summer than snow in the winter.

The last time I was in Toronto, the only air pollution was from
manure spreading on the adjacent fields.

I had that problem in the Alps where cows spend winters in the barn
eating green grass that was mowed in low lying fields in summer, while
cows ate the fresh grass in the steep highlands. That produced lots
of liquid cow dung (Jauche) or in Swiss (GÃŧlle) spread from the rear
of aluminum tanks with fan nozzles.

Swiss:
http://tinyurl.com/2vlc4ur
Canada:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto,_Iowa

--
Jobst Brandt
Old January 5th 11, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Cam

On Jan 4, 8:01*pm, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/4/2011 2:32 PM, Cam wrote: On Jan 2, 11:36 am, Peter *wrote:

I always liked Sheldon's line about New England being great for cycling
10 months out of the year -- July and August being just too hot.

I commute by bike in Toronto and miss more days due to smog in the
summer than snow in the winter.

The last time I was in Toronto, the only air pollution was from manure
spreading on the adjacent fields.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto,_Iowa

--
T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

I'm in one of the other Torontos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_of_the_universe

Cam
Old January 6th 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Add two bucks to Fogel and Krygowski, get a cup of coffee

On Jan 4, 5:33*pm, kolldata wrote:
NAH, you developed sophistication, knowledge, discernment, acumen
beyond the entry point.

Nah, I already possessed sophistication, discernment, and acumen in
abundance. That's why I put them down so easily.

The knowledge that I wanted was Chalo's and Lou's and Pete's and
Sheldon's (Sheldon's very last post was addressed to me). That got me
just the right bike, albeit at the cost of a nice pre-loved BMW.

Now you know more than they do !

That too. And if I add two bucks, I can get a cup of coffee.

Andre Jute
Visit Andre's recipes:
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/FOOD.html
Old January 6th 11, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jan 5, 2:40*am, wrote:

I had that problem in the Alps where cows [snip]*That produced lots
of liquid cow dung (Jauche) or in Swiss (Gülle) spread from the rear
of aluminum tanks with fan nozzles.

In English, in Ireland, slurry. Drips out of tanks and sprayers onto
my lanes as the farmers drive across or along them to the fields. One
night after dark, with added rain, on a downhill caused one of the
most spectacularly slides I was ever in, stopped by smacking into the
rear wheel of a tractor.

My bike was okay, thanks, but I spent the next day floating in a hot
bath to ease my bruises.

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Amps at
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information for the tube audio
constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site containing vital gems of
wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review
Old January 6th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/4/2011 2:32 PM, Cam wrote: On Jan 2, 11:36 am, Peter wrote:

I always liked Sheldon's line about New England being great for cycling
10 months out of the year -- July and August being just too hot.

I commute by bike in Toronto and miss more days due to smog in the
summer than snow in the winter.

The last time I was in Toronto, the only air pollution was from manure
spreading on the adjacent fields.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto,_Iowa

--
T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Please honor the signature separator (i.e. "-- ").

I'm in one of the other Torontos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_of_the_universe

Cam

Philo, Illinois is the Center of the Universe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo,_Illinois.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

come on -- admit it bar Racing 0 August 19th 09 03:11 AM
Ashamed to ride a bike? Join Bike Pride Parade! ComandanteBanana Techniques 15 August 2nd 09 11:51 PM
I'm so ashamed PhilD UK 15 December 21st 06 06:16 PM
Bradley Wiggins: Sick of feeling ashamed because I'm a professional cyclist Jason Spaceman Racing 3 September 26th 06 10:12 PM
I admit it ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 4 September 5th 04 06:45 PM