Giant asteroid

Old November 10th 11, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Giant asteroid

On 10/11/2011 19:54, Simply Fred wrote:
atriage wrote:
Yup, sentient asteroids is a pretty worrying concept.

Shirley you mean suicidal sentient asteroids.

Or possibly dinosaur hating suicidal sentient asteroids. The question is do they
hate people too? I mean maybe they get really annoyed when we land on them.

Old November 11th 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Nov 10, 6:08*pm, atriage wrote:
On 10/11/2011 14:17, RicodJour wrote:

On Nov 10, 8:22 am, *wrote:
On Nov 8, 11:52 am, *wrote:

A Tuesday event!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15572634
--

Everyone, the press, movies...., overlooks that due to Newton's laws
and the two body problem solution, the Earth cannot "capture" an

I would prefer to think that it was aimed, rather than aiming. *Please
don't disillusion me.

Yup, sentient asteroids is a pretty worrying concept.

--

How about sentient stars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(hypothetical_star)

-ilan
Old November 11th 11, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

Default NEXT Giant asteroid

In article ,
Simply Fred wrote:

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Look on the bright side, we know that (99942)Apophis
won't hit Earth in 2029, although there is still a small
possibility that it will hit in 2036 (very unlikely, but depends
on how its orbit is affected by the 2029 approach).

This gives us a full 7 years more in which to learn the
outcome of the Jan Ullrich WADA case.

atriage wrote:
I see, at last I understand WADA's scheduling considerations.

Unless of course their scheduling is based on astrological charts.
Perhaps Lafferty should check whether LANCE's chart has anything about
some given Tuesday being occluded by Mars.

Mars _owns_ Tuesday, but Brian is filing for an injunction.

--
Old Fritz
Old November 11th 11, 09:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

atriage wrote:
Or possibly dinosaur hating suicidal sentient asteroids. The question is
do they hate people too? I mean maybe they get really annoyed when we
land on them.

Perhaps that Russian mission to Phobos was sabotaged to protect us from
Phobos's wrath at having pieces of itself removed and taken to Earth. Or
perhaps the Russian space agency just ****ed up (and they don't even
have the excuse of getting mixed up between SI and stupid imperial units).
Old November 11th 11, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 11/11/2011 09:04, Simply Fred wrote:
atriage wrote:
Or possibly dinosaur hating suicidal sentient asteroids. The question is
do they hate people too? I mean maybe they get really annoyed when we
land on them.

Perhaps that Russian mission to Phobos was sabotaged to protect us from Phobos's
wrath at having pieces of itself removed and taken to Earth. Or perhaps the
Russian space agency just ****ed up

There's some serious overtime being worked on that mission now, I hope they can
persuade the silly thing to do an engine burn (preferably one that heads it off
towards Mars).

(and they don't even have the excuse of
getting mixed up between SI and stupid imperial units).

Yeah America makes a big song and dance about it's independence but uses
measurement units decreed by a King of England 900 or so years ago. (Henry I
(1100-1135)) or the Romans 1000 years before that. NASA is just about my
favourite organisation in the world but that conversion ****up was criminally
stupid.

Old November 11th 11, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

What conversion ****up?

Old November 11th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Nov 11, 4:31*am, atriage wrote:

Yeah America makes a big song and dance about it's independence but uses
measurement units decreed by a King of England 900 or so years ago. (Henry I
(1100-1135)) or the Romans 1000 years before that.

BTW, that's not nearly as stupid or dependent as insisting on base ten
units because God created people with ten fingers 6000 years ago.

Old November 11th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Old November 11th 11, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On Nov 11, 4:31 am, wrote:

Yeah America makes a big song and dance about it's independence but uses
measurement units decreed by a King of England 900 or so years ago. (Henry I
(1100-1135)) or the Romans 1000 years before that. NASA is just about my
favourite organisation in the world but that conversion ****up was criminally
stupid.

What conversion ****up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Actually strictly speaking it was a 'lack of conversion' error, but still wholly
unacceptable and ****ing expensive.

Old November 11th 11, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

RicodJour a écrit profondement:

| On Nov 11, 4:31*am, atriage wrote:
|
| Yeah America makes a big song and dance about it's independence but uses
| measurement units decreed by a King of England 900 or so years ago. (Henry I
| (1100-1135)) or the Romans 1000 years before that. NASA is just about my
| favourite organisation in the world but that conversion ****up was criminally
| stupid.

| What conversion ****up?

The one they didn't use to neutralize the Van Allen Belt when they
didn't go to the Moon to avoid the embarrassment of having to go
through the Russian Customs and Immigration process when they landed.

--
Davey Crockett
France 2012

What is it with Giant? Brendo Australia 85 November 1st 06 08:51 PM
giant atx 980 MTB RK276 Australia 2 April 13th 05 03:39 AM
Anyone have Giant NRS Air I? John Smith Mountain Biking 0 December 23rd 04 08:55 PM
Giant VT-3 Dracko Australia 8 December 9th 03 08:48 AM
Giant NRS 3 AlexMedic Off Road 1 October 26th 03 10:58 PM