Why I dont stop at red lights or stop signs

Old August 2nd 04, 06:30 AM
Tom Keats

Default Why I dont stop at red lights or stop signs

In article ,
"Fran Stine" writes in part:

Now am I saying that bicyclists should be able to blast through these
intersections without even looking? Yes!, just be careful.

Uhh ...

Nah. Never mind.

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old August 2nd 04, 08:55 AM
Mike1

"Fran Stine" writes in part:
Now am I saying that bicyclists should be able to blast through these
intersections without even looking? Yes!, just be careful.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fran, Fran, Fran.... don't you realize that the bleaters
are now just going to *pour* out of the woodwork with their incessent
demands that you obey every instructive poke and prod in the
cattle-chute?

--
Reply to sans two @@, or your reply won't reach me.

Drug smugglers and gun-runners are heroes of American capitalism.
-- Jeffrey Quick
Old August 3rd 04, 12:51 AM
Truth dude

You are the Leader of CRITICAL ASS in NYC,

and YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

SO YOU TRY TO LIE YOUR WAY OUT OF IT.

YOU support running Stop signs, and Red lights.

Old August 3rd 04, 08:10 AM
Marx SS

Dunno 'bout the USA or in NYC, but from my experience, if you're
commuting in major cities & stop at every stop sign & red light, you
might as well walk or drive a car.

Sure a few riders get caught out crossing against the lights, but the
strike rate of being taken out following the rules & riding in city
traffic is pretty high anyway.

After a while it all comes down to natural selection & those who get
away with it will get to ride another day.
Best to stay sharp & watch yourself, because no one else is watching
out for you.

--
Marx SS

Old August 3rd 04, 06:01 PM
Jym Dyer

You are the Leader of CRITICAL ASS in NYC,

=v= I presume you mean Critical Mass, unless you're referring
to the nude rides. And yes, I am a leader, but only because
everyone who participates is a leader. Yippie!

and YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

=v= Who do you think you are, Aaron Sorkin? I ask only because
you hide behind anonymous email whereas I'm using my real name,
a working email address, and have never attempted to hide the
fact that I support and participate in Critical Mass.
_Jym_

Old August 4th 04, 07:55 AM
Mike1

In article ,
"Ken [NY)" wrote:

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 02:55:31 -0500, Mike1
claims:

"Fran Stine" writes in part:
Now am I saying that bicyclists should be able to blast through these
intersections without even looking? Yes!, just be careful.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fran, Fran, Fran.... don't you realize that the bleaters
are now just going to *pour* out of the woodwork with their incessent
demands that you obey every instructive poke and prod in the
cattle-chute?

I don't think anybody who read that took it seriously.
But he does have a point - I am thinking of driving my car
through red lights and stop signs. Boy am I going to show them a thing
or two.

Near my old residence, there was a ridiculously-place stop-sign at the
"straight" of a 3-way alley-into-one-way intersection. I made it a point
to gun my way through that sonuvabitch at fifty at least several times a
week.