Swearing On Lives of Others

Old August 22nd 04, 11:15 AM
B. Lafferty

Default Swearing On Lives of Others

From today's BBC on line:

"Honestly, I can say that for the last 10 years, the time that I have been a
weightlifter, I never used this kind of drug," said Sampanis.

"I want to say to the Greek people that I swear to God and on my two
children I never used this kind of drug."

Why are sportsmen always swearing on the lives of wives, children and dead
dogs, but never on their own lives?

Old August 22nd 04, 02:50 PM
OMC

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message .net...
From today's BBC on line:

"Honestly, I can say that for the last 10 years, the time that I have been a
weightlifter, I never used this kind of drug," said Sampanis.

"I want to say to the Greek people that I swear to God and on my two
children I never used this kind of drug."

Why are sportsmen always swearing on the lives of wives, children and dead
dogs, but never on their own lives?

Brian, maybe they value the lives of loved ones more than their own.
Hard for you to understand...........but maybe someone will explain it
to you someday.
People put their lives in jeopardy daily for those they love without
thinking twice about it. Why wouldn't you swear on their lives if you
belived they were more important than your own ?
It really isn't that hard to understand, you just can't accept it
because it is related to doping accusations. Any other time this
statement would be used, I bet you wouldn't have a problem with it.
Here is Lafferty's rules to spot a doper:

1. Finish 1st in any major Grand tour or World Cup.
2. Your name is Lance.
3. Swear on your loved ones especially dead animals.
4. Accusations from bitter former American tour winner.
5. Book written by scum bag journalist in Europe.
6. Any ex-team member or staff member that has an axe to grind.
7. Anyone that has talked to an Italian doctor.
8. Anyone that races in Europe must dope.
9. Anyone that races anywhere and wins.
10.All master fatties.

"OMC"

Always right......and I love my kids, wife and especially our dog
"Phil"
Old August 22nd 04, 04:37 PM
Phil Holman

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
. net...
From today's BBC on line:

"Honestly, I can say that for the last 10 years, the time that I have

been a
weightlifter, I never used this kind of drug," said Sampanis.

"I want to say to the Greek people that I swear to God and on my two
children I never used this kind of drug."

Why are sportsmen always swearing on the lives of wives, children and

dead
dogs, but never on their own lives?

Satan promised a lawyer fame, wealth and success in exchange for the
souls of his wife and children. OK says the lawyer, where's the catch.
It was supposed to be a joke.

PH

Old August 22nd 04, 05:48 PM
B. Lafferty

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
Here is Lafferty's rules to spot a doper:

1. Finish 1st in any major Grand tour or World Cup.

1a. Tell everyone repeatedly that you've never tested positive.

2. Your name is Lance.

2b. Threaten legal action to prevent publication of anything not myth
supporting. Commence legal action even if prospect of losing is
significant. When you lose legal action, make no comment.

3. Swear on your loved ones especially dead animals.

3a. When loved on is arrested in possession of drugs, leave jurisdiction
immediately and permit loved on to fend for him/herself. If substance in
question has veterinary uses, tell public the drugs were for the dog.
Obtain affidavit from dog.

4. Accusations from bitter former American tour winner.

4a. Attack former Tour winners motives and refuse to address the
substance of the issue.

5. Book written by scum bag journalist in Europe.

5a. Ignor the substance of the book and merely attack the award winning
journalists' characters.

6. Any ex-team member or staff member that has an axe to grind.

6a. Immediatly attack their character and call them either evil, crazy or
a liar.

7. Anyone that has talked to an Italian doctor.

7a. Tell public that your contact with Italian doctor was innocent
seeking of legal training advice.

8. Anyone that races in Europe must dope.

8a. Remind public that Hein Verbruggen knows that 95% of pro peloton is
clean.

9. Anyone that races anywhere and wins.

9a. Except in USA. Nobody dopes in US races (except visiting Europros).

10.All master fatties.

10a. Except master fatties who post to rbr.

Old August 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
RWM

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message

.net...
From today's BBC on line:

[...]

You forgot that the accuser has to state over and over the she/he is an
attorney.
"Phil"

Old August 22nd 04, 10:49 PM
SMMB

"warren" a écrit dans le message de :

It is in fact the substance (or lack of it) of the book, and its timing
that brings most people to the conclusion that the writer is a scum
bag.

Don't be silly. Capitalizing on the season. Not too many Christmas goodies
are released to the public in March.

Substance (or lack of it) ? You've read the book ?
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

Old August 22nd 04, 11:35 PM
Tom Kunich

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message

.net...
From today's BBC on line:

"Honestly, I can say that for the last 10 years, the time that I have

been a
weightlifter, I never used this kind of drug," said Sampanis.

"I want to say to the Greek people that I swear to God and on my two
children I never used this kind of drug."

Why are sportsmen always swearing on the lives of wives, children and

dead
dogs, but never on their own lives?

Brian, maybe they value the lives of loved ones more than their own.

Brian values nothing so much as his own opinion.

Here is Lafferty's rules to spot a doper:

1. Finish 1st in any major Grand tour or World Cup.
2. Your name is Lance.
3. Swear on your loved ones especially dead animals.
4. Accusations from bitter former American tour winner.
5. Book written by scum bag journalist in Europe.
6. Any ex-team member or staff member that has an axe to grind.
7. Anyone that has talked to an Italian doctor.
8. Anyone that races in Europe must dope.
9. Anyone that races anywhere and wins.
10.All master fatties.

I think that you have it pretty close - perhaps 11) Name isn't Brian
Lafferty.

Old August 23rd 04, 12:24 AM
bobby carter

dear b lafferty-i swear you are the most bitter and negative person on rbr.
what drug are you on? surely your poisonous rantings must be drug induced.
alcohol? bc wonders

Old August 23rd 04, 01:33 AM
B. Lafferty

"bobby carter" wrote in message
dear b lafferty-i swear you are the most bitter and negative person on
rbr.
what drug are you on? surely your poisonous rantings must be drug induced.
alcohol? bc wonders

Dearest Bobby,
Read the Walsh book, the Voet book, the Kimmage book and the
admissions/revelations of Gaumont, Manzano, Virenque, Zulle and other riders
who have broken the Omerta willingly or when taken to court; look at some
tapes of mountain stages in the Tour during the mid-1980s and compare how
many of the peloton and who is at the front with the Tour from the early
1990s through 2004 and you will see that since the advent of EPO+, even pigs
can fly--sometimes 40 at a time over the cols.
The poison is in the peloton, Bobby. It's called reality. Deal with it
or not. Your choice. But if you do want to kill the messengers, you're
going to be a busy man. ;-)