Basso working on his sprint

Old October 28th 04, 10:52 AM
Kenny

Howard Kveck wrote in message ...
In article ,
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Thanks. But whatever may be the verdict, I'm sure Basso did it just for
fun. Mainly.

Perhaps he wanted to work on his bike handling skills, too.

He's already over 10 years on a race bike. I think every pro knows
how to handle a bike on the road by then. Riding a couple of crosses
isn't going to make any difference.

Kenny
Old October 28th 04, 01:01 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:33:43 GMT, Howard Kveck wrote:
Perhaps he wanted to work on his bike handling skills, too.

Someone over at it.sport.ciclismo had the answer: he wants to find out
if he can do better in sprints by running in stead of riding.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old October 28th 04, 04:50 PM
gym gravity

Warren wrote:

"Kenny" wrote in message
om...

Ewoud Dronkert wrote in message

. ..

On 22 Oct 2004 13:13:53 -0700, chris wrote:

How will cross improve your sprint?

Doing one hour sprint intervals will help your sprint.

Offcourse not.

Repeated sprint intervals during an hour could allow you to sprint better in
a road race or criterium because you'll train yourself to be more recovered,
or more rested when it comes time to begin the sprint.

Doing sprints or very short intervals while your legs are already loaded
with lactate (I guess this is part of cross racing) will simulate the
conditions you'll face when the sprint begins in most other races.

Way too many people think sprint training is only done with full recovery
between 200-300m sprints.

-WG

Old October 29th 04, 12:11 AM
Sonarrat

Ewoud Dronkert wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:24:12 -0700, Sonarrat wrote:
do Six Days like Erik Zabel, Giovanni Lombardi and Matthe Pronk...

If you want to list all the road sprinters; Max van Heeswijk and Aart
Vierhouten, too. In Amsterdam anyway. Vierhouten appeared in the clip I
posted, talked about how his speed went well this season. He did a few
sixes (or at least one) and other track work last winter and feels it
helped him, so he's doing it again. Like Lombardi, he can be (and is) a
main lead-out man and maybe a sprinter in his own right. There were a
couple of races this year when McEwen had quit and Vierhouten could go
for his own chances. He placed well a few times. Who knows, maybe he
will finally "discover" himself, like van Heeswijk in the past years.

I spotted Magnus Backstedt in the results for a couple events of a
SixDayNight, too, I don't know if that's a regular part of his
routine. Wouldn't surprise me.

Vierhouten did, indeed, finish 3rd into Rome after McEwen had called
it quits. The land of second-string sprinters is an interesting
one...

-Jeffrey.